It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Mood on Suboxone
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey all, I'd love to share my feelings with everyone about BUP and my Mood. When I first experienced obsession and cravings being lifted when I was in the program (1.5 years clean from opiates) it was quite amazing. Most of the time I was happy and felt great to be free of obsession. I did suffer from mild depression especially on the weekends when I would always be using. I found the depression came from struggling with dealing with life on life's terms and trying to find myself again without the use of drugs. I was placed on Lexapro 10mg which helped tremendously with my depression and some anxiety. Once on the Lexapro life was great but I still had my ups and downs just not as much. I eventually relapsed about 2 months after being on Lexapro. Tried the program again but this time nothing was working. Found Suboxone by doing some research. Once I began Suboxone obsession and cravings were lifted immediately. For me it's not about feeling high on Suboxone it's about being free from obsession. For me being free from obsession is a major weight lifted off my body which enables me to enjoy life. 90% of my thoughts are no longer about using. Being on Suboxone there are still rough days too...but they are real far and few between. This just shows that I'm still able to feel.. When I was using Oxycodone I was completely numb and didn't give a crap about anything. Not on Suboxone, completely opposite I must say. I care more than ever about everything in my life. Depression for me is now a thing of the past. My wife, therapist, and myself are in agreement I am more stable than I have ever been since starting Suboxone. That's why I'm not stopping anytime in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Suboxone relieves the physical obsession for me of course because it keeps me out of withdrawals. But also i find the only way it lifts the psychological obsession is when it gives me that little buzz of relaxation and anti-depressiong and anti-anxiety and yatta yatta yatta. There are days where i take my sub and suddenly i don't get a buzz from it and then im left with cravings sometimes all day, sometimes just for a few hours. It helps to know that using other opiates is futile though, also frustrating sometimes. just my 2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Kevgeon wrote:
Suboxone relieves the physical obsession for me of course because it keeps me out of withdrawals. But also i find the only way it lifts the psychological obsession is when it gives me that little buzz of relaxation and anti-depressiong and anti-anxiety and yatta yatta yatta. There are days where i take my sub and suddenly i don't get a buzz from it and then im left with cravings sometimes all day, sometimes just for a few hours. It helps to know that using other opiates is futile though, also frustrating sometimes. just my 2 cents

I'm happy Suboxone doesn't give me a buzz, I don't get high at all from Suboxone not even the slightest. Luckily Suboxone takes away most of my obsession....and it seems to work really well on my mild depression. As an addict, I do get those crazy thoughts but I feel I'm so far away from picking up, I don't want to pick up. Good luck!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SuperBuper wrote:
Kevgeon wrote:

I'm happy Suboxone doesn't give me a buzz, I don't get high at all from Suboxone not even the slightest. Luckily Suboxone takes away most of my obsession....and it seems to work really well on my mild depression. As an addict, I do get those crazy thoughts but I feel I'm so far away from picking up, I don't want to pick up. Good luck!

when you say obbession what do you mean? glad sub has help you get your life back it has done the same for me as well ive been on it for 3 years and clean the full 3 luckily but i sure had my days of craveings cause im on sub for pain mang as well as addiction. but ill check back was wonderign what you meant by obbessions?

Post subject: Obsession
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Bboy42287 wrote:
SuperBuper wrote:
Kevgeon wrote:

when you say obbession what do you mean? glad sub has help you get your life back it has done the same for me as well ive been on it for 3 years and clean the full 3 luckily but i sure had my days of craveings cause im on sub for pain mang as well as addiction. but ill check back was wonderign what you meant by obbessions?

Hey Bboy42287 - I'm hoping I'm posting correctly here with these quotes. Please correct me if it's incorrect.. :roll: What I mean by obsession is the constant feeling of needing to use drugs to live my life...even against my own will. As I mentioned 90% of my thoughts are no longer of using. I remember being in active addition at work and I was out of roxys I would constantly think of using the entire day. The day went by sooooo slow it felt like a week.......Man, it's so nice to be free from that. Now I look forward to going to work. I'm lucky to love my job and days just go by so quick now because I'm free of all the chatter in my head... :D I hope that answers your question....I'm sure others here on the forum could define obsession better than me... Have a good one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Suboxone gives me no euphoria which I think is a good thing. When I first started taking it I felt so good I was getting a ton of things done. Then that effect past (I don't know if it was placebo or what). Anyway, I decided that I should wean myself off suboxone (telling my psych of course). That was a huge mistake. I think I need to go back on it. My life was functional on it, and now I am a mess again.

Yeah I'm not on suboxone anymore, but I can't even get out of bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Josh,
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Do you have a new plan yet for getting back on suboxone? Another poster here also went off and decided to go back on it long term. I hope you have the benefit of hearing from her. Have you posted an introduction yet? We'd love to hear more from you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I also get a buzz when I take it and I only take maby1.5mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kris1234 - You are getting a buzz because you never stabilized on it and were only on it for like a week and then went off of it and now back on it again. If you stabilized your dose that buzz would go away.

Josh - I know exactly how you feel. I went off the sub and felt the exact same way. The fatigue was just awful and it wasn't really depression, just no get up and go. So then I would obsess about the suboxone thinking "should I go back on....shouldn't I go back on". Oh it was a mess and such a hard decision to make. BUT...I am very happy that I went off of it and am VERY happy I went back on it. So is my husband :) and he didn't want me on the suboxone but when he realized what it was like when I was off of it and how stressed I was along with a few other factors, he changed his mind. If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me and I would be more than happy to talk with you. You are in a super tough position right now.

My mood on suboxone? Well I definitely don't have any obsession to use. That is for sure. My mood is so good on suboxone that I am working out again, making plans again, getting back into my hobbies (no buzz just good mood). I am LIVING and it makes me so happy. It isn't that I don't get irritated because I have an irritating job. I get sad too. I get to enjoy all of the normal human emotions everyone else gets to have. I feel more normal on suboxone than I ever felt the first 29 years of my life. I am not depressed. I quit drinking when I am on suboxone. I can't even explain it. From about age 12 to 29, off and on, I would fantasize about suicide. That is before drugs ever came into my life. So for me, suboxone not only cures the cravings I was left with from opiate addiction, but it is the only thing that have given me a life at all to begin with really. No other drugs ever worked for me, or at least not enough. Also, I have ADD and suboxone actually increases my ability to focus. (I still can't plan to save my soul but once I start something I can finish it at least). I cannot imagine what my life would have been like had I not been afforded this option. I just hope someday I can actually get a script with refills for 6 months at a time or something because going to the doctor every month gets expensive and really annoying. OH......AND it also gets rid of my pain so that probably helps my mood considerably also. :)

Cherie