It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi all,

Just checking in after a long absence. I am now 18 months off all opiates, including my last two years of use of suboxone and a short stint - less than one month - on MMT. I have not looked back. I did have one weak moment about 8 months ago, but fortunately my old dealer changed her number LOL.

I had my gallbladder removed this summer and received IV dilaudid in the hospital for three days then had my wife dole out the vikes during the home recuperation. Taken as prescribed, I had no cravings after.

My career is taking off and my family is happier than ever. I am not here to toot my horn. On the contrary, the whole experience has humbled me a great deal and I will live the rest of my life in service to my family. I am also here to maybe give some hope to those who are in the same place I was a couple years ago. I know the hopeless feeling. I nearly lost everything. I did lose my job, my savings, and almost my family. Jobs and savings come and go. I want everyone to know it is possible! There is hope! There is a wonderful life waiting for you if you can endure what now seems to be a very short time of misery. All of you here are stronger than you think!

Best wishes to everyone,
Jimmy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Inspirational ... 18 months, wow. Glad to hear you're loving your new life and have put that old life of pain and suffering behind you. Thank you for coming back and posting this, I definitely needed to hear this today. I've got 2 months and 3 days, so I've got a long way to go until I get to 18 months! One day at a time, right? Congratulations again.