It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well for the first time I am writing this or my feelings on the web. A little background for you, I have been on some sort of pain medication since 1996 after a bad motorcycle accident. From that time to now I have been through a handful of surgeries along with some professional baseball. About 11 and a half years ago I jumped from heroin to suboxone after detoxing cold turkey in a facility on my own. And from the point to now I have put my life back together and now have an amazing family of mine own. I now have had enough of being tied or dependent on suboxone. I hate planning for the future and counting my strips to make sure I will be okay while away. And the grandest part was I found a doctor 3 years ago who would prescribe for 3 months at a time of 16mg a day. Did I need that much no. But I continued on until he just now retired and I am now looking at 5 strips left and have been dosing myself down as much as possible only taking as needed or for me when I can't sleep which is most nights. I now have motivated myself to get off sub and am going to do it this week. The only fears I have are that I have to work and I work in the heat of the day where it's brutally hot and my days are 12-14 hours long. I have this fear that it (WD)won't end and I won't have the energy to complete a days task. Although I for the last 8 months have been working out in the gym and have gotten on testosterone to get myself into good physical shape, I gained 30 pounds and feel great..so when I read your post it gives me hope and a vision of what it will be like 6 months from now. I have been cloudy and emotionally withdrawn and I am afraid of me changing or being a different form or another personality. My wife is scared to see what I turn into. Considering I have always been on this since the day we met. I guess I'm just looking for some encouraging thoughts from those who have been where i am now. Thank you for your words and I appreciate the positive outlook you talk about..