It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, the last time i posted, i was about 89 days clean. I started getting energy back slowly around the end of the 5 month mark. My dark cloud also lifted around the same time. Its been a massive challenge along the way with having no energy and motivation, but it now comes for 7 days in a row. Im in a wonderful place right now but still not 100%. Mind you, i also starting coming off Effexor XR too rapid from 225mg to 37.5mg in 12 days so im probably feeling a tad crap from that. But its been almost 8 weeks since reducing effexor and it was brutal. I had no idea what i was in for. So overall, im happy today and motivation and energy is not a problem if i must get something done or cleaned. No depression or sadness. My anxiety finally lifted a few weeks ago. So if i had to put a number on my personal recovery from subs, i would say 6+ months and i started seeing great steps forward. Even at 4 months i felt i was broken forever, but its so not the case. I just needed more clean time. I learnt to accept the bad days and i believe this is what pulled me through. I havent craved heroin in 2 1/2 years and i will always be grateful my long, long rock bottom was so extreme i couldnt get any lower, there was only upwards to go and stay. Thankyou Amelia.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, thanks for the great post Amelia!!

For many of us getting off Suboxone, it takes a good while to really get back to normal and it's easy to lose hope along the way that we'll ever return to a normal state. I hope others who have gotten off Suboxone and are still having issues see this post and receive inspiration from it.

It's hard to believe in the throws of wd and PAWS that we'll get better, but we do.....it just takes time.

Have you tried any sort of exercise yet? If you haven't, give it a shot and I think you'll be amazed at how it brings you most of the rest of the way to where you want to be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Romeo. Thanks for the reply. Yeah i agree so much when you feel better, then get hit with paws and it feels never ending. I questioned my normality constantly. I got paws for maybe 3 months, and it ended around the end of month 5. Then i felt my energy come back. Ive still had energy for about another week now and its such a positive feeling. I cant knock subs at all, they did the job, but the taper was terrible. The jump itself was very comfortable, i had clonidine and valium prescribed and stopped taking them after day 8. Then it was just the after affects like lacking energy, but all good eventually. No, i havent exercised yet, but plan to. I tried a couple months ago, but my body wasnt ready. Now i think im good to go. I have an eleptical strider, and i hear it calling my name haha. I will be 1 year clean on November 27, so i can imagine how good i should feel by then. Thanks again Romeo and i apologise for not replying sooner, i didnt realise i had a reply. Take care.