It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 2 months off subs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm new here, have read posts on and off for a while. I was on subs for a little over 3 yrs, starting @16, then 8, 6 within a year. I stayed @4 6 months then tapered off til I ran out of scripts. My dr wasn't encouraging to have me in a proper program or come off subs so I did it myself. Needless to say the first little pain sent me back to abusing. I did it the right way by going to a Rehab center program and it was great, I learned a lot and tapered the sub (2mg) properly over the course of 14 months

I've been off for 9-10 wks now and am doing well, it took 3 weeks to feel physically normal and what's funny is that I hardly even take ibuprofen anymore. I would take 4-8 daily on the subs... What I've been struggling with is a total lack of energy, I've always worked out 6-7 days p/wk but not now. I still do but it's a pathetic attempt compared to what I'm used to. I feel like I have lead hanging from everywhere that makes it hard to move. I've put about 10 lbs on so it's frustrating because I eat very clean and just got a great blood work up. I do have hypothyroid and am on Armour but my thyroid levels are good. I take Vit D, Magnesium, LTyroseine.

Any suggestions for me on not feeling so leaden? I'm mentally alert just not physically. Thanks!

Last edited by Pierresgirl on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 2 months off subs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:33 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

So hard to go backwards after being dependent on opiates .... I know .... I decided long ago to stay on 2 mg of Suboxone a day , My Dr doesn't mind , it kind of works like an anti-depressant for me , we tried 4 or 5 of the most popular ones over 3 yrs and now all I take is Suboxone , going on about 5 yrs now.... Good Luck and Welcome , Mike

Post subject: Re: 2 months off subs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For many of us, that lead suit hangs around a good while, but it does eventually get better. It sounds like you're already doing the right things, eating right and exercising. Now it's just a matter of waiting for your brain to catch up with the healing process. As your brain continues to heal and replace those overstimulated receptors, those new receptors will acclimate and you should get to feeling better and better.....it just takes time. Don't lose hope, just keep on keepin' on.