It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 4 months off suboxone!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello y'all (you all)
I just wanted to give an update on my progress since I know everyone is getting really anxious waiting for my update, haha. I have hit the 4 month mark. Honestly, I feel good. I sleep pretty normal, I have finally stopped eating like a pig, I never really had anxiety or depression so thank God for that. My energy is good, motivation is good. I still struggle in the bathroom which is crazy to me. Not as bad as it is when you first get off but not normal yet. I do have cravings for suboxone every day. Sometimes just once for a split second and other times it drags on but I do notice my attitude about it is more mature than before. Usually I crave while at work and so I'll go lift up the forks on the forklift and do pull-ups and they go away. Or if I'm anywhere else I'll do push ups or cardio and it goes away. To anyone in recovery, please try your hardest to workout. One, it gives you goals to work towards in your recovery but two it really helps with energy and mental health, and physical health. Then you can take pics of yourself and hashtag words like diesel and freakin A.. All joking aside, I just wanted to update because I love this forum and I'm happy. So 4 months clean, looking forward to the 6 month mark. #freakinA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey there, i would just like to say, congratulations on 4 months clean. Its great your feeling so good.
Well done : )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 pm 

Great job QA! Keep up the good work!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you both. I look forward to continuing to share this journey with you all. Take care for now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi QuietAddict- thanks for your update and congratulations! It is great to hear from someone up ahead of me (by about 1.5 months) that life is good :D BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks BF.. I'm glad I can encourage. I'm now almost at 5 months and am doing even better. I haven't craved in a while, I've had great energy and motivation which was my biggest struggle in the first few months. I sleep good, I'm loving life. My problem now which I wrote about somewhere else is finding my purpose in life. I feel like now that I'm in recovery and feeling good I should be doing extraordinary things, like be an all-star hip hop dancer or something. Even since that post I've aimed to set goals for running (I couldn't run half a mile 5 months ago) and that has helped my feeling of needing to do something new. Funny how fast things change in these early stages of recovery. From 4 months to almost 5 its like night and day. I hope to stay in touch and continue opening up about my journey. Only the people who read these post know I've ever taken drugs, not even my closest family or friends know. Take care, talk soon. Btw, I read your thread for encouragement too, and JI and trainer.