It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all. I haven't been on here in awhile but wanted to stop by and offer some encouragement. 7 months Sub free today! My hubby is still on maintenance but I needed to go a different direction with my recovery and I'm so grateful that I didn't give up when the going got rough.

I know those first 45 days or so (for me anyhow) can be almost unbearable for some ppl., but it is possible to make it through. Some wonderful folks on this site offered me encouragement when I was at wits end and I'll never forget how much they helped me. I remember some of the names but won't mention 'em because I don't want to miss anyone - YOU GUYS WERE THE BEST! Anyhow, keep up the great work everyone. It is very worth it if indeed getting off sub is what is right for you. Everyone is different though, and as I've said before, I will never knock Suboxone - it is a lifesaver for some.

So.... I've got to go cut the grass on this gorgious fall day (before the week long rains come!). Life is better than I could have ever hoped - my sons live with me full time now!!!!! we have been remodeling and working on our place all summer which is like a natural high for me! and despite a nasty cold the last couple days, I feel clear headed, peaceful, grateful, and happy to be alive. When I consider how much I DIDN'T want to live for a while there, this new attitude is a real blessing!

My best to everyone. Keep up the great work and keep supporting one another. There is nothing like the therapeutic value of one addict helping another, that's for sure.

Bobbi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nice to hear you are doing well! 7 months is awesome... You are so right about having encouragement from others that have been down the same path. It is cool when you can enjoy those things on life that you were numb to while on the subs. I have been off for over 5 months now. So your story keeps me encouraged and strong! Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bobbi and Shergonnastop,

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy that you guys are doing well.

Bobbi said, "There is nothing like the therapeutic value of one addict helping another, that's for sure.", I agree completely!

You guys stay strong!!