It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 3 months off sub
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just a quick update.

This weekend my 3 month mark came and went and I barely noticed. I've been off 3 months now and feel great. I suppose my energy level still seems a bit low but then again who konws what my natural daily energy level really is as I was on pills for 3 years and suboxone for 2. But I do know that the energy I do have is better and I'm able to get more done.

The slow taper was the key. My thought of the month day right now is that the suboxone experience should be hard....it shouldn't be easy or else it would be so easy to go back. I don't want ot go through suboxone again. It was better than going CT and it gave me time to adjust and all but...i didn't like being on them. I don't ever want to be back on them. Its not an option.

I feel like I did it right so if anyone has any questions let me konw. If not....just chalk this up as a success story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Woot! That is great news hawker!

Thank you so much for sharing your success with us. It's really good to hear. And I'm so glad that you are feeling great.

I agree with you about appreciating that the Sub experience was kind of hard. My taper and withdrawal wasn't that bad, but it was uncomfortable enough to help me remember that I don't want to volunteer to go through it again.

I hope things continue to get better and better for you. If there's anything that I've learned in my year off Sub it is that I have to keep pushing myself forward and keep working on maintaining healthy life habits - physical and emotional. When I slack off, I really feel it.

Best of luck to you in your continued progress.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: Hawker
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:30 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I'm very happy for you... Great Job.. No fighting around here any more, I kind of miss a good forum fight !!! Mike

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's great to hear that you are still doing well. Thanks for letting everyone know. You were very good about tapering and were quite solid with your plan. Very impressive.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Way to go hawker........

Thanks for coming back and sharing with us where you are right now. That is great you are doing so well. My doctor began to start tapering me two months ago and I was not very excited about it but he has been slow with me and patient and I feel it is possible. Your story confirms that a good plan for tapering can help us achieve our goals. A while back I was sure that I would be a lifer and I am still not sure but I a willing to try and I appreciate you sharing your story.......very motivating.

Jim