All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 6 months later.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

6 months + 2 days off of opiates
15 days away from 6 months off of subs

I never thought I'd make it here, but here I am. Sharp, clean, clear, centered. PAWS no longer exists. I can barely remember what a perc or sub even looks like anymore.

The body is an unbelievable mechanism. It heals itself eventually. Over and over again no matter how many times you try to kill it. I abused myself for years but I can honestly say that the last 6 months have been great. I won't lie, it was very tough in the beginning. But writing on here and persevering through the bad times through thought, walking, running, and getting out of the bad routines in my life enabled me to get by. You have to remember that your body is going to go through the pain of changing, but when you come out on the other side of that, there's really no way to summarize the pride you feel, the momentum you carry going from one day to the next knowing you won't ever go back.

I encourage you all to keep trying and if you already have started quitting or are going through the pain of the beginning of withdrawal that going back to the high life simply isn't worth the pain you are going through now. That's all that ends up happening. The vicious cycle turns and burns and you find yourself in more pain than you need to be.

You can get through it. These 6 months have absolutely flown by and I look back now and say Damn, this has become the normal again. It will become the normal for you too.

Hope y'all are well and fighting the good fight. Feb. 15 is my 6 months off subs date and I can't wait to get there. Cheers

CHARLIE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats!!

I am right there with you. Feb 4th is 6 months for me. Despite the "pains of changing" I too have never felt better or more proud of myself. It's a good feeling.

Thank you for checking in.