It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 9 months 2 days
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just a quick monthly update:

Monday passed the 9 month mark for me without opiates. Two weeks from tomorrow will be the 9 month mark off of suboxone. Still feeling good. Still sneezing(incredible) more than I used to, but that's fine I can handle that. I feel tremendous both mentally and physically. Some days come and I think about painkillers, not actually taking any just how they made me so different than what I am today.
I've come this far, I'm never letting go, obviously. Once you deal with the first couple of weeks of the mental game, it really becomes second nature to even think about using. The best I can say to anyone wondering how they will get through is that you will definitely experience some anguish, some pain, some thought that drugs will relieve all of the symptoms. And it's true, they totally would. But the symptoms all go away on their own if you just persevere and see it all the way through. I've become accustomed to long-term fixes like walking, frisbeeing, exercising, etc. as opposed to the short term fix of pills/opiates.
And once you get so far, there really is no reason to go back unless you want to experience the pain and agony of trying to quit again. It's not worth it.
The grass can be greener on the other side if you give it enough time. It's so easy to say, I know, but having lived through this, I promise you that the person you become over time without the aid of a crutch as bad as opiates or suboxone is unbelievably believable. You have to want it, obviously. But every day becomes more and more normal and more and more uplifting. It may seem like withdrawal will last forever.

It DOESN'T.

Good luck! Love to all!

CHARLIE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:29 pm 

Thanks for the update, Charlie! It's great to hear that your recovery is still going well and that your resolve is solid.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow! 9 months and 2 days, you should be so proud of yoursef. Stories like yours are really great for me to read about, because it not only gives me hope that it is possible to achieve, but i start to picture myself being there living my life sober and happy. When i see it i can believe it and thatmakes me look forward to my future. Im new here but ive been browsing and reading for awhile now . seems like their is somereally good support on here and i want to take advantage of that support system especially because ive keep my addiction a secret from almost everyone in my life.justwanted to say congrats and keep up the good work man. i think what youve done is awesome! and by the wayabout the sneezing, iwonder if it really is a withdrawel symptom after so lon. ive noticed before i ever began taking opiates i used to have crazy allergies i wpuld sneezelike 5 times in a row, blow my nose and then sneeze somemore. after i started taking opiates thats tottally not the case for about 5 years now. so im wondering if maybe opiates suppress that function. kinda like how sometimes codien is prescribed inb cough syrup to suppress the urge to cough. I dunno, just an observation ive made. Take care and keep on keeping on. Your doing great!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Awesome job Charlie! Appreciate the update. I'm 5 months and 13days removed from everything, but whose counting (actually an app on my phone counts which is the only reason I know the exact days).

I like your post and I think I'm pretty much mirroring your experiences so far including the sneezing. I feel like I've been turning a corner the past month or so because I am also feeling better and happier. The pills become a distant memory, although still a memory none the less.

And yes - focusing on long term fixes is key! We (as humans) enjoy instant gratification, so it's important to take pills out of the equation. Exercise, healthy foods, good people, your career, your significant other, whatever makes you happy will make you happier off opiates, I'm convinced of this!

Good luck with your continued success..and anyone else whose reading know it does get better with time!
-Phillip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nice! So you were only on subs for two weeks correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

About that. I did my last opiate on July 29, 2012. Started Subs July 30 and did them til August 14. Started at 4mg/day for 4 days, 4 mg every other day for 5 days, then 2mg every other day for 3 days. The last 4 days I did them I did 2mg a day then I jumped. I had some problems the first week with wanting SOMETHING to stop the craziness. But I got through. Weed helped tremendously. But vitamins, music, walking, exercise helped along with it.