It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 3 months clean!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I used oxy for pain management for 2 1/2 years. Then I used sub to detox from the oxy over a period of 6 weeks. I haven't had any opiates (including sub) since December. I'm proud of myself. My husband and I have been going to marriage counseling--at first every week, then every other, and now we've "graduated" to the as-needed appointments, though we haven't needed one so far. We are getting along better than we have in years. My life is so much better! The amazing thing is that I am in much less pain than 4 months ago. I think the oxy was exacerbating a great deal of my pain.

Thanks to everyone on the site for sharing their stories, for the kindness extended to strangers (me, and many others). This forum was a lifesaver for me. I just wanted to extend my appreciation to all of the members & to express my gratitude for the ways you help each other.

I hope I can stay strong, and continue on this path of recovery and self-discovery. I'm telling on my disease and myself when I have cravings, and I have started exercising. I feel happy & healthy, but humbled by what I've been through. I've got a lot to work with in my recovery toolbox, and have a wonderful ally in my husband and immediate family. I'll never say never, and I can't know what the future holds, but I do know that I have a network of friends, family & professionals to help me, if/when I need them.

Getting off oxy...and then suboxone was one of the most difficult things I've had to do, but I did it.
Thank you all.
~Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

congratulations, thats awesome! keep it up

Post subject: Yea!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:44 pm 

So glad to hear you're doing well Jolene. To use Sub for six weeks to detox off of Oxy's is something I've not heard before. My brother was given a weeks worth of Sub to come off his Oxy habit but he was in a detox/rehab facility.

I thought it would be hard to come off the Sub after being on it for six weeks but you did it. How hard was it? Do you think the Sub helped or was a hindrance? I know it's near impossible to taper from our DOC because the temptation to take more is just too high. So I salute you in doing what a lot of addicts cannot do. Three months is a long time but not long enough to heal your brain so be careful of the craving demon. It is a crafty little devil.

Congratulations!!

Rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Woo hoo! Another beginning to a successful story. This is great! I absolutely needed to read this right now, I thank you. I know first hand this journey is crazy and wild. What you have overcome is no easy task! 60 days and feeling pretty good about yourself. Nice! I had to chime in and congratulate you :)

I'm on 40 days tomorrow, thank you for your inspiring words. They are such a nice sight to see! Stay strong!

-Jen