It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: A month Tomorrow
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A month tomorrow with out any pills....I think this is the longest Ive gone in five years LOL but I want to keep going forever ! These last two weeks were hard, my "feelings" kinda came back. Ive been super emotional, about the time lost with my kids, messing up school, the relationship I was in last. I even stopped smoking, its been two days ! :P ive been taking that Chantix. I had a talk with my doc last appt and he asked me if when do I want to stop taking Suboxone and I said well what do you recommend? And he told me about a year for it to be effective. Does that sound about right to anyone? So I went to this forum called addiction survivors at the request of my Doc and I introduced my self and right away someone jumped after my post n made me feel as if I was an assembly line addict.... So I told him about this one and he said thats good. Hes still pushing me to get into Pills Annonymous. As soon as I get settled in my new JOB that I applied for and GOT ! ,, I plan to take care of that. Things are feeling better for me right now. A month is a long time for me and I know the journey to having control over my addictive self is a long one. But I just feel so much better right now. My kids are out of school right now, and we just cant run out of stuff to do together ! I cant believe I let so much time pass by and wasted it too. Well I just wanted to drp in and let everyone know how things are, and I hope all of you are doing great and being happy ! If not, I KNOW with time and patience it will get better !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

THATS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

a month, is quite a milestone,, , I know it was for me!!!!

yes, it is hard thinking about the time we lost due to addiction, but you gotta try and think POSTIVE, about the time you still have!! remember that we're the 'lucky ones'
sometimes addicts dont get a second chance, and thats terrible.

Sometimes it feels like I hardly remember my son being a baby, since I was in quite the 'daze' back then. I got into sub treatment, he was just over two years old. Im super thankfull that I straightened up when I did, becuase I know I was headed nowhere good!!!

I think it makes me treasure the time now, to really make great memories with him and it sounds like thats what YOU are doing, and thats the best thing, in my opinion.

Dealing with cravings will probably still be somewhat of an issue for you. Have you thought about counseling or anything like that?? I didnt start going untill about 7 months in, I just wasnt ready untill then. But Im glad i did it. If you keep an open mind, you might just learn something about yourself or your addiction.

WELL, GREAT JOB
keep up the good work!!!
and enjoy those new memories :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

AWESOME FREAKING -- News...OMG... that s the Best thing that I have heard in a while. I know I needed to hear your story, it made me feel great for you and myself. From experience the very worst thing that you can do is Beat Yourself up..just Do NOT Do that at all. Everyone and I mean everyone has issues, most are hidden in the closet, are these people doing something about their problems ? Nope but who cares...last I heard this is YOUR Life and No One elses !...................... I am so sorry that the other forum beat you up like that. You know when anyone judges people that person instantly has -0- Zero credibility. So Enjoy yourself, breath in all the air that you can, you have chosen to get on with your life without that crutch that we drag around with us. Before too long what we thought was Helping us becomes a huge burden to carry, so large and heavy that we find that we can no longer carry it.
Thnxx so much for your story, it is a Breath of fresh air. And we will be here for you, come in and let us know how we can try and help. But it appears that so far You are the one helping Us !

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations sylesyl, you rock!!

You said, "I know the journey to having control over my addictive self is a long one" and you're so right about that. It looks like you were in active addiction for 5 years? For 5 years, you were teaching your brain how to be an addict. You were reinforcing those addict neural pathways for 5 years and it does take time to undo those changes. Suboxone, taken properly, is a HUGE leg up on that process.

Be patient with yourself, love yourself, forgive yourself and keep ROCKIN'!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on your sobriety and the new job!!