It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: A month to go
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been reading this forum for the past couple months and have found everyone's "diary" very helpful. I have been on subs for a very long time, started at 24mgs and am currently down to 1.5mg.
My plan is to be off by December 1st.
I've found it somewhat easy-ish to get down to 2mg but as others have stated it's getting rough going below that. I don't feel many wd symptoms except for restless sleep, constantly turning over and over and over in my bed.
Any ways, just wanted to say hi and let everyone know, who have posted their jump diarys that they have been very infomative and inspirational.
I can't wait to jump off (kind of :-/)

Post subject: Re: A month to go
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi dude, hitting a rough patch once you get under 2 mg/day seems common, I didn't really feel my taper at all until I got down to 1.5 mg.

You've got a month+ to taper down entirely from 1.5 mg, which is totally doable. I stretched it out maybe a bit longer, and jumped at .3 mg/day, but if I had to do it again I would have shortened the taper. If you jump at a low dose, the worst of the physical symptoms should pass in a couple days, although sleep remained a problem for me, and I struggled with recovery issues on and off. All in all, it was easier than I thought, and nowhere near as bad as I feared it would be.

Good luck, and keep posting.

-- ji

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you johnny. Luckily for me I don't have to work for a month and a half starting in December so I won't have the anxiety of having to sit through 10 hour days.
I am definitely ready. I have started taking 1mg this week but took 1.5 yesterday. I thought I would get a good nights sleep but it didn't work out. But it's all good, I just have to stick with it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In retrospect I wish I had tapered a bit lower. I was on 2mg for about a month before I jumped. My withdrawals were very painful and exhausting, but I'm a big baby.

You seem focused and determined which is what it takes to get clean off suboxone. Try to surround yourself with people that you trust and care about you. Stay BUSY! I actually found work was a good thing for me while detoxing after the first week, so you will need to find something to keep busy while you are off.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

True, I am sure if I was working the time would probably fly by quicker. I just want to be done, Ahhhhh.
It seems like the consensus is 20 days after jump and most people are back to semi fighting shape. Which isn't that bad. I can deal with the not sleeping if I just embrace it and not try to sleep. It gets annoying only when you want to sleep and can't.
Anyways, I look forward to posting my daily struggle once I jump so I can be like all the cool kids who have already done so. I've read trainers thread twice just to get a little inspiration.
It helps a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So should I spend the next month just taking .5 or should I try going lower?
I plan to be on .5 by November 1, and my jump date is around December 1.
Should I take .5 for first half of month and then .25 the rest?
Any suggestions/ personal experience would be very appreciated.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:32 am 

I would try to go lower. The lower the better in my opinion! Good luck!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I too would attempt to go lower, .5mgs is still a considerable amount of buprenorphine. I've heard about people tapering much lower than that, and stepping off without too much discomfort, it may take a little longer, but imo, will be worth it, as the idea of a long, slow taper is to minimize the discomfort of withdrawal as much as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess I am going to try and get down below 1 mg by next weekend. I've been on 1mg for about 5 days. I certainly haven't stabilized but it's not that bad. Haven't had chills or sweats, just some restlessness, sleep has been ok even with the tossing and turning. I'm just going to try and push through and get down as low a dose as I can by December. I don't want to spend my entire time off of work withdrawling so I'll just have to make it work.
So I'll update and tell you how it's gone. Hopefully this time next week I will be on track still.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm like you wanting it to be over with. I just started tapering last week. I've been on sub's film for 3 years (8mgs a day 4mg in the am and 4mg in the pm) and I'm wanting to get off of it because it's numbing my feelings. Anyway I thought I could just take 3mgs in the morning and nothing in the evening. Boy was that a mistake ! So right now I'm taking 3mg am and 2mg pm. I've never been good about tapering (when I was taking pain pills) b/c I just wanted to get it over with. But I'm going to have to be patient and taper. You and I can do this.... Good luck sweetie !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you wannabfree, I wish you luck too!
If I have learned anything from tapering its that it doesn't work to well dropping the doses by too much

But you learn and adjust to what works, and it takes time. Hell, I started at 24mgs (3 8mgs a day).
I just want to live a day where I don't have to even think about subs, if I'm going to run out, if my pharmacy is going to have it, If my doctor is going to be able to see me, it's all to stressful and controls one's life. Don't get me wrong, it's helped me get my life on track and given me time to learn about what's important in life. But it's certainly time I say goodbye and move on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Your doing so good! I understand about the Dr. Appts etc... My doctor retired and there's not another one close that takes my insurance (my doctor gave me a script with 2 refills so when their gone I'm done) so I said screw it I'm gonna quit. Plus sub's have completely turned me into a hermit without feelings. I never want to go anywhere or do anything. It's a terrible feeling. Don't get me wrong sub's has really helped me. I just wish it wasn't such a bitch to get off of ! I can't wait to feel better. If the withdrawals weren't so long I'd stop today. I just can't be sick around x-mas..... I can hardly stand tapering it messes with my mind ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:57 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Also I don't think I'll be able to just take it once a day while I'm tapering. I read where someone said ( i forgot what website i read it on)that maybe people have to keep taking it twice a day when tapering because they have a fast metabolism. I don't know if that's true but who knows..... Thanks again for replying to me.... :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Alright it's been 10 days since I dropped below 2 mgs, did about 4 days at 1.5 then 6 on 1mg. Overall not bad. Going to try and just take .5 tomorrow. I so really hope I can just get down to .5 all week. I know I'm going fast but it really hasn't been that bad yet. The only thing that gets in the way is when I think about it, probably 50 times a day I think to myself I should take more when in fact I don't need it. Plan on getting a gym membership tomorrow. Hopefully I don't get lazy and decide not to go.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Feel like I've stabilized with the 1mg, tomorrow going with the .5
PS. Just watched the movie Live Die Repeat, I don't normally like the recent tom cruise movies but this one is actually good! If you like sci fi /action.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day one today of .5, feel a little off. But I am going to stick it out. I've been cutting the 2mg into four parts which is a real pain. Considering the liquid method for the remainder of the taper.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:34 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Your doing great! Yea!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So today is day 2 of dropping down to .5 mg from 1mg. I definitely felt it last night. My legs were really bothering me and there for I didn't sleep that well. But I am still trucking along.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thedude2017 wrote:
So today is day 2 of dropping down to .5 mg from 1mg. I definitely felt it last night. My legs were really bothering me and there for I didn't sleep that well. But I am still trucking along.

GO DUDE GO!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:05 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night! :(