It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi , this is my first post here and i am hoping that someone can give me alittle help.. i was taking percoset 10mg about 6 a day for almost a year .. i recently had enough with them and the terrible person i was becoming on them and decided to stop.. a friend of mine who was on suboxone recommended i take a few while coming off the percoset , i had 5 8mg suboxone pills i took peices of them over about a month and the last 4 or 5 days i took very small pieces (about .50mg) the last dose i had was Thursday night about 8pm and today (Tuesday 3pm)and i feel totally crappy .. so my question is how long will this last being that it was only a month and only 5 pills? now i took a few vicodin the last few days to sleep and ease the cold sweats and stuff it worked but when it wore off i felt crappy again.. am i just reseting myself with the W/D or are they just running their course. im drinking tons of water , gaderade and green tea and also taking hot baths every few hours .. thanks for your help in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey there. I wanted to be the first to post and hopefully ease your mind.

To answer your question...yes, taking vicodin will prolong the withdrawal. You are stimulating your receptors with a full-agonist opiate (vicodin) after getting them used to a partial-agonist opiate (suboxone) whatever you do dont take any more opiates. How many days did you take the vics and how many? I think if you wouldnt have taken the vics you would already be past the worst of it. I promise that if you just hang in there you will start feeling better within the next couple days. Its only temporary and just try to focus on what your fighting for. Just think about being totally content with nothing in your system! You are not very far from that. Is there anything else you have that you could take for sleep?

Some swear by benedryl or other antihistamines. If you could go to a doctor and get clonodine and or a benzo (xanax,valium, ect.) that will make the world of difference. Also, take a multivitamin and try to force yourself to get some exercise. Even if its just walking around the block. Hang in there, I promise you..it will get better! Also, keep coming here and posting how you feel. we would like to know and the family here will take care of you. remember your not the only one in the world going through this...i am too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's the half life of the suboxone. The average elimination half-life of buprenorphine is 37 hours. You only felt ok for those 3 days because the suboxone was still in your system. I have been detoxing myself off sub as well and from what I understand it's not to be rushed. People spread their tapering over a whole year sometimes. I only ever took 2mg (1/4 of an 8mg pill). I started tapering down Sept. 8 so it's been a little over two weeks. For the past four days I have only been taking a pin head size of sub and yes I feel w.d. but overall I don't feel that bad. I am a female though and have also been taking menopuase medicine which helps me tremendously with mood swings and night sweats. Today was the first day my legs felt stiff .. but I will continue on this small dose until I feel ready to stop or take every other day. There are some things you can buy to help. One of them things is Tyrosine. Go to a GNC store and get it. It helps stimulate the nervous system to keep it functioning well and helps synthesize several brain chemicals and neurotransmitters that control pain, helps regulate your appetite and helps regulate your moods. The body literally can not function properly without adequate supply of L-tyrosine. Also I read on here that Gabatrol can help you too as well as a colon cleansing since thats where toxins are stored. I am getting myself Tyrosine tomorrow so I'll keep you posted. If you can get your hands on one or two more suboxone and take crumbs of it.. and I mean literally crumbs (it is very strong stuff). Break the sub into the smallest pieces you can and take a crumb a day just until the majority of sub is out of your system.. you will feel sick but it will help to ease up on it a bit. Any questions at all feel free to ask me, it helps to talk about this stuff.. be strong and best of luck.

~Cheryl

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@c0ngd0n.. yes good point.. I take Tylenol PM to help me sleep. I just wanted to mention that you have to be extra careful with benzo's as the withdrawal from them is much worse than opiates. You do NOT want to get off of something just to get hooked on something else. Benzo withdrawal can cause seizures so if you take them don't take them for more than 3 days in a row at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@luv back at you with the good advice!

I should have mentioned that. When i recommend taking benzos i mean only for the detox. No longer than two weeks i'd say. Benzo withdrawal can be worse than opiates but that can be easily deterred by taking it for only a brief period.

If used right it can really help out alot with the anxiety and sleep! My good friend got off opiates over a month ago and he uses tylenol PM to sleep too! he says it works just fine..but also dont be surprised if you go the OTC route and nothing seems to help you sleep. That is only because your in the peak of the withdrawal. within a couple days it should do the trick! hang in there buddy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@c0ngd0n ...You're right! I had a few xanax and when I ran out I started to get anxiety so bad from the withdrawal it started to scare me. I wish I had a few more of those just to help me thru til the end but if you can't get benzo's and this happens just focus on breathing.. it helped me a little bit and staying busy helped me too. Also the tea is good, get green tea with ginseng, it will help. Also are you suboxone free? or still workin on it? You seem to have your head on straight about all this stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for all your help guys.. c0ngd0n i stopped taking sub on Thursday night about 8 that was the last dose .. i took 3 5mg vicodin on sat and 3 on sunday and 2 yesterday zero today .. i think thats why im feeling the worst today.. what a big mistake i thought it would help but it only made it worse =[ dammnn,. so now am i starting over? i feel pretty bad today i am praying that this is the worst and from here it will get better but i guess time will tell and its my own fault for getting into this mess... thanks again guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey guys. so it's about day 5 or 6 without sub. (last dose 8pm thusrday .50mg). it's now 2pm wednsday .. I sleplt ok I had a very low dose of xanex which I hate taking but I guess it helped me sleep alittle. I took another nap about an hour after I got up and woke up from that feeling almost good. that feeling lasted a whole 3 hours then BOOM. like I hit. a birck wall right back into bad WD symptoms. can someone tell me if this is normal or is this from the hydro I took about 48 hours ago... only on this sub for a month at such a low dose and it's still kicking my @**. thnx for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In my experience this is normal and has nothing to do with the vicodin you took. Now I jumped off 12mg all at once after 2 years so that probably makes a difference, but even those who have jumped off smaller doses have reported this. I seriously suggest trying some of the over the counter remedies people have suggested. You can also go to a doctor to get clonidine, neurontin helps with anxiety also. I made it to day 5 before I had to go to the doctor. Serious withdrawals lasted another 4 days and PAWS, runs, insomnia all stuck with me for months but I was taking over the counter meds to try and help with that. My pupils stayed large for months. Granted I had a surgery after about 14 days which put me on vicodin for about 5 days. At 3 months I had another surgery and by then I was just lethargic, cognitively slow, depressed, and anxious 24/7 for the most part although there were moments that were okay.

I wish you the best. Hang in there. Try to stay away from the pain killers. If you can't manage at these stages without it then it is probably a pretty good sign that you need a longer, slower taper from sub or maintenance. I know it is tempting to feel better for about 3 hours but this isn't going to help in the long run.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you for your response just one more quick question. if I take a very very veryyyyy small dose of sub wil this set me all the way back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

bimmerb0y.. no take a crumb size. You've already come this far you shouldn't need any more than that. And this is something I HAVE to pass on. I found it in another forum. I bought the Tyrosine, mineral supplements and B6 yesterday.. today is day one with NO sub!! Other than a little bit of the skin crawly's I feel FANTASTIC!! It is still early but as of now I don't feel I need to take anything. I took a pin head size of suboxone for the past five days (along with vitamins, heating pad, bananas AT LEAST ONE A DAY) Here is the recipe I found.. I highly recommend you buy yourself at least the L-Tyrosine.. it will help you so much. You can only get it at a GNC or health store.

FWD:

The Thomas Recipe for Cold Turkey Withdrawal

PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:
Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think an itsy bitsy suboxone crumb - dust rather - would set you back much, HOWEVER, I would try all of the other suggestions that were given to you first. You would be SERIOUSLY amazed at what some of those other over the counter things can do for you as well as the non-narcotic comfort meds. I was in serious withdrawal and walked out of the ER with a smile on my face thanking those people and said I would have done it a long time ago had I known they could do that. Granted.....I couldn't stay on those meds forever, but the suggestions you have been given by others are great. If you just take the sub and don't try these other things, you may kick yourself for it later. Go run out and get this other stuff. It will keep your mind occupied and keep you out of trouble. Do it now before you feel worse.

Hang in there!
Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey guys. thnks so much for all the suggestions so far. today I went to my do. he gave me colpine 1mg? blood pressure med got home took it went to sleep for an hour woke up a mess. but all of q sudden tonight around 6ish out of nowhere i felt actually good. it came and gone for a few mins but me and my GF had a rehersal dinner tonight so I dragged my ass out of bed got dressed and went. I told her I'm notgonna eat much I have no appetite. before I knew it I was diggig my fork in her plate. lol. I ate like a king/pig and i felt pretty OK. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm hoping tonight was a huge breakthru in this terrible WD process I'm also mentally trying to prepare myself just incase the symptoms come back I don't want to get discouraged.. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday it's going to be a nice sunny day I'm looking forward to that and the rest of a happy drug free life. you guys helped a bunch and I truley do appreciate it.. thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi guys. like I said not out of the woods yet. I woke up a total mess. is this normal? all I took was the blood presure med the doc gave me kolpinie. what's happening to me. it's been 2 hours since I woke up and I feel I'm getting worse. my GF is telling me it will be better than yesterday but my head is thinking so negative I don't k ow why. I'm. a mess. as I am typin this I get burts of where I want to laugh at my self for being such. a big baby. I havent cried since I was like 7 and now every day I'm crying. can someone tell me if their WD came and went. and if so is this a good sign. thanx again guys and please help i feel so lost and alone on all this stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

bimmerb0y.. YES!! When I got down to crumbs I found I could skip a day and tolerate it but the next morning felt like death AGAIN!! when the night before I would be fine.. so DO NOT get discouraged!! I can't even begin to explain how much the Tyrosine has helped me thru the mental part of w.d. If you buy anything BUY THAT (with B6 to help absorption). What happens when you're on opiates for so long is your brain doesn't make dopamine anymore (or very little).. dopamine is needed to regulate a persons emotions!! When you're brain isn't making that you will get depressed, have mood swings, irritability.. etc. Well Tyrosine helps your brain make dopamine. This is day 3 on the stuff and I noticed the difference after day 1. I don't know what I'd do without the advice on some of these forums.. Tyrosine saved me from feeling that suicidal death feeling in my head which is why I always went back to using. I am on day 2, no sub.. it's fantastic. Start out with no more than 500 or 1000mg, then wait and see how you feel from there.. too much can cause heart palpitations which is what I don't like but overall I'll take that anyday over the feeling of depression.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Are you able to get your hands on at least ONE suboxone? It will work.. stretch it out.. break it small, very small and take a tiny piece.. it will subside the w.d.. but make sure they're still there, don't take enough to completely get rid of them because the more you take the longer it's gonna take to get out of your system.. you don't wanna start over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yes I can but I've come so far off this stuff It makes me sick just thinking about putting that stuff back in my body. I know it will help alil but I think I'm gonna try the tryson and see how it works. if I take it the tryson stuff today around 6 pm. when can I take it again. how long does it last. and I'm taking that BP medicine with that effect it? thnx.

Post subject: Don't give up!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

bimmerb0y wrote:
yes I can but I've come so far off this stuff It makes me sick just thinking about putting that stuff back in my body. I know it will help alil but I think I'm gonna try the tryson and see how it works. if I take it the tryson stuff today around 6 pm. when can I take it again. how long does it last. and I'm taking that BP medicine with that effect it? thnx.

Just wanted to give you some encouragement. Do not take more Suboxone if you don't have to. You have only been on for a month, so your withdrawls WILL NOT last long. I was on for 4 months and started at 24mg a day. My withdrawls sucked, but I was fine by day 6. I'm told I am the exception, not the rule, but I believe the combo of exercise (even though I felt horrible) and prayer made the difference. If you haven't yet asked for help from on high, I encourage you to do so. God is always looking to help the hurting. Just my two cents, but take it from me because I've been there...

Post subject: No way
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

luvlafdesign wrote:
Are you able to get your hands on at least ONE suboxone? It will work.. stretch it out.. break it small, very small and take a tiny piece.. it will subside the w.d.. but make sure they're still there, don't take enough to completely get rid of them because the more you take the longer it's gonna take to get out of your system.. you don't wanna start over.

This is not sound advice. Every crumb you take in will take another 37 hours just to get rid of half of it. You want your opiate receptors completely cleaned out. The faster you do that, the faster you will recover. More Sub=More time of discomfort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@GMO. thanx bud for the kind words. today is day 8 since no sub but really day 5 since no opiates (hydro) in me. I'm thinking taking those deft delayed me cuz I feel like crapppp but the past 2 days around 5ish I start to feel normal and I'm good for the rest of the night. I'm laughing joking eating all the normal things. again this has happened twice thrusday night and Friday night but both Friday Morning and now Saturday morbid which is the day of my girlfriends best friends wedding I feel like crappppp. is this normal?? I have alot of responsibility today alot of people counting on me and i can't stop crying. I think that's stressing me out too the whole having to be better for the wedding. is anxitey a large part of my WD? or did the vicodan set me so far back on Sunday and Monday that' it's just tuning it's course. ?? any help is appreciated. I'm losing hope here :( pleSe help!!