It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I totally feel for you. You have been so strong and so determined despite everything. What you are feeling is totally normal. This takes time. Everyone is different. I went back to your original post to see how much you had been taking and for how long. So 6 percs a day for about a year. The sub you took wasn't much and it was really spread out. Your brain is coming off both of these things. Had you never taken the suboxone and just stopped taking the percs, you would have had 3-4 days of physical withdrawal and then the PAWS would set in which is what you are experiencing now. With the suboxone it is kind of the same thing only the physical withdrawal is lesser and last a little longer. But PAWS will still set in. I hate to say this but many believe you have now permanently altered your brain by using the opiates. Your brain will always think of opiates to some extent for that warm comfortable care free feeling. What you are feeling now gets better but this is the feeling that generally leads to relapse and sometimes death because when people relapse their tolerance is lower and they often overdose.

I had been on oxycontin for 2 years and then took suboxone for 2 years and when I jumped off 12mg I had PAWS for 3 months. It was livable, but I was emotional, cognitively slow, had a difficult time making decisions, was fatigued, and fairly miserable. It lasted 3 months and I could have made it longer but I also have pain issues and I just came to a decision that the suboxone would have to be a long term thing for me.

The only people I have ever seen be successful long term coming off opiates are people like Hawker and Diary of a Quitter. They used the suboxone as prescribed. They did a very long and very slow taper off the suboxone including a liquid taper I believe and at those lower doses their brain started to heal without making them completely miserable in the process. When they finally quit the suboxone, they had little to no real withdrawals and they didn't have extended PAWS. To the best of my knowledge, both are still opiate free today and doing very well. But even they are in the minority because not many people are able to remain clean long term. But at least they gave themselves a fighting chance by doing it correctly and slowly. Suboxone is not some miracle pill that you take for a month and it makes your dependency and/or addiction disappear. I think you may have been led to believe it would be easy this way and unfortunately, it just isn't. The way you have done it, you may as well have just jumped off the percocet and never taken the suboxone really. I am not trying to come down on you or discourage you. I am totally pulling for you. I am also listening to what you have been saying and how you are feeling and I am concerned for your overall well being. Are you giving yourself the fighting chance you deserve? Are you trying to ask yourself to do something that is nearly impossible for most people? Are you expecting yourself to be in the minority of people who are able to do this? Like maybe 1-2% of the addicted population?

I am sorry you are feeling so horrible. I think you have some decisions to make and things to think about.

If you choose to keep trying to tough this out, you are going to need to follow the advice people have given you regarding the tyrosene (or whatever that stuff is) and you may want to consider meditation to help you calm down a bit. Also know that the blood pressure medication does have a rebound effect where it increases your anxiety and heart rate more than normal when it wears off. If you are taking it at night and waking up feeling bad, it could be the blood pressure med wearing off.

I really do wish you the best.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

bimmerb0y wrote:
@GMO. thanx bud for the kind words. today is day 8 since no sub but really day 5 since no opiates (hydro) in me. I'm thinking taking those deft delayed me cuz I feel like crapppp but the past 2 days around 5ish I start to feel normal and I'm good for the rest of the night. I'm laughing joking eating all the normal things. again this has happened twice thrusday night and Friday night but both Friday Morning and now Saturday morbid which is the day of my girlfriends best friends wedding I feel like crappppp. is this normal?? I have alot of responsibility today alot of people counting on me and i can't stop crying. I think that's stressing me out too the whole having to be better for the wedding. is anxitey a large part of my WD? or did the vicodan set me so far back on Sunday and Monday that' it's just tuning it's course. ?? any help is appreciated. I'm losing hope here :( pleSe help!!

Prayer...exercise, that is what worked for me. Exercise will eliminate the anxiety completely at least for a couple hours. I went for a two mile run on day three, took a hot shower and felt good for most of the evening. I had a lot of anxiety as well, but exercise kicked its butt. And again...prayer. There are numerous studies as to the calming effect of prayer. Ask God for some help...He'll give it.

Post subject: Also...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good advice given above. Sub is not a "magic pill" that will solve your addiction issues. You need to develop a relationship with God, get a support system (whatever that looks like for you: AA; NA; Celebrate Recovery; whatever), and have a mentor or "sponsor" as it is called in the rooms to show you what it is like to live life naturally, normally and free of the chaos that we wreak on ourselves when we use. Again, just my two cents. I'm pulling for you bro!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Is this still going?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:50 pm 

Probably not. You may not have noticed the dates of the thread, but it is over 3 years old. You may have better luck with one of the more current threads. :)

Amy