It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 1 month off the subs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey im very new here, so here's whats up. I was addicted to pain pills (oxycodone and Methadone were my favs) but now im 5 months clean from pain killers and its been 1 month since i did a suboxone. (I was on the subs for 4 months). This has really been a battle for me, i was using pain pills for over a year and six months. But im starting to feel better. However i still have one problem, some withdrawal symptoms are still present. Not as bad as the first 2 weeks, but i still have the "leg jerks". Before i go to sleep i have to stretch my legs, walk around, do squats, etc. Sometimes i run too. If i do not do this then i have a hard time going to sleep. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced these withdrawal symptoms past 1 month, and what to do. Sometimes it seems like it will never end. One more thing, i do smoke marijuana, but i didn't think that would affect anything. I am dedicated to NEVER doing another pain pill of sub, (actually no more opiate anything for me). Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help get over these withdrawals, thank you

BeAKeR?!?!?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

yeah, unfortunately some people (perhaps most people) do seem to be experiencing withdrawal from suboxone for longer than one month.

You said you run sometimes. If exercise makes you feel better, I'd say go with that. For me its kind of hit or miss, sometimes i can stand to do it sometimes i can't - it makes me anxious if i do too much. Some people seem to be able to exercise throughout withdrawal and it really helps them. So be careful, but thats an idea.