It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 10 month off suboxone
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know it's been a while since my last post but I thought I would give an update. It's been 10 months since I stopped taking suboxone. Although it was a long hall (sleepless nights was probably the worst) I have to say it was and still is worth it for me. All the people (friends) on this forum got me through the tough times when I thought I couldn't do it. To them I say thank you. Although the road to "recovery" was difficult there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Some tunnels were longer for me than others but my friends helped me get through them.
For those of you who are in the early stages, stay strong. It does get better. Battle through the bad days, weeks. Stay busy. There is no other way.
For those thinking of jumping, make sure you really want it. Suboxone saved my life. I have nothing bad to say about it. I just knew it was time for me to start a new chapter in life. So far so good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey IWDT,

I'm so glad you came back to give us an update! I've been wondering how you were making it. I'm really happy that you are doing well. We would love it if you could hang out here a little bit more often. You are a success story! And there aren't very many people who have made it through the jump that still come back and post often. It kind of makes people believe that there aren't any out there that did well. But we know that isn't the case, don't we!

Either way, I'm happy you checked in!

Q

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you Q, you are one of the very helpful people that got me through the rough times. I've been really busy (poor excuse for not posting). Did a 28 day bike trip to British Columbia, Oregon Coast, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado and back home. Helped clear my head.
When I got back work came a calling. So much for being retired. I was asked to come in 2 weeks a month until the end of the year but I have only had a week off in September where I went on a week long fishing trip.

I have to say that working helped me a lot also. Staying busy is the best thing for your mind. Otherwise you feel like crap and mope around.
Still can have a crappy day here and there but nothing you can't handle. Now I just need to quit smoking.

Sleeping took the longest to come back. I'm sure it's different for everybody but it took me about 4 months to be able to fall asleep on my own. Still don't sleep long enough (4-5 hours) but I can live with that. Life is good.

Hope your doing well and it was nice hearing from you again.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good for you will. Today is the first time I came on here in a while and I just happen to see your thread. Its been a quick ten months right ?? This was def. a good decision

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:35 pm 

Congratulations on 10 months!

And thank you so much for reporting back. That's so helpful to those who are still in the struggle of coming off sub!

Amy