It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 7 month Anniversary
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let y'all know that I have 7 months off of sub as of today and I am a very, very grateful person. I have had no relapses, although I came closer than I would have liked to a relapse, but with the help of this forum and several of the forum members I was able to work through it.

Addiction is something I will live with everyday for the rest of my life and I understand that and I can live with that.

I have to say Thank You to each and every member of this forum who has posted since I joined, I read all the posts and they are a source of inspiration, sometimes a warning, sometimes just something funny to make me laugh. I rely on them all to keep me pointed in the right direction, so a HUGE Thank You to you ALL!!!

Thank you for participating in my recovery! Words really can not express my gratitude fully.

Romeo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Even though in your last post you gave me a rash of shit about my taste in music (:lol: :lol: :lol:) , I'll be the bigger person and put that aside so that I can wish you CONGRATULATIONS!

You are a great example to all the people whose goal it is to be off suboxone. I find it commendable that even though you're off suboxone, you took part in this recovery forum and are helping others through your experiences. I believe that because you're still working on your recovery, you're that much more successful without suboxone. (If that made sense.) It tells me that you're still determined to take an active role in staying healthy and in remission. KUDOS TO YOU! Keep up the good work. You're a very valued member of this forum...I hope you continue to stick around. Again, CONGRATS!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: WoooooHooooooo!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I second and third everything that Hat said.

You are a fantastic friend, not only to me but to many people on here. I love, love, love your spirit. Even when you aren't talking about something nice, it comes out in a positive way. It's a wonderful way to represent getting off Suboxone. You are the very best at bringing out the humor in every single thing, even Suboxone withdrawal. That's nearly impossible to find and I hope you stay on here forever and keep on telling people they CAN do it. Sometimes, that's all someone needs to hear.

Seven whole months without Suboxone is amazing. It really is!!

I have this picture in my head of you, sitting on ur couch in ur robe and wife-beater shirt and jammies, with the tv flashing lights across your face; a few big things of Gatorade (orange, blue, red) are on the coffee table in front of your; you have a fistful of bacon and in the other hand you have a frozen peanut butter cup with a bite out of it. Yup, that's you!!

laddertipper