It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well...although my Mom has said she is ok with me being on suboxone she said her clinic wouldn't. So I did spend some time educating her this weekend. She took it very well. I showed her some research and explained it to her. She said that in Spokane, WA - there are no providers and sure enough...she is right. The closest is 45 miles away. Apparently a lot of people are going 5 hours to Seattle to get it. CRAZY. She said the medical community is so leary because they were first told methadone was the new thing and then oxycontin that they just think it is more of the same. After I got done with her and showed her success rates she was EXTREMELY impressed. So I am hoping when the topic comes up at work she might put a word out there that it isn't such a big deal.

I also learned my Mom thought I was using it for pain all this time and not for addiction. OOOPs! Oh well. At least she is pretty cool and either way she doesn't seem to care. I just hope she will help those docs over there be a little more open minded for crying out loud.

Cherie