It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: moderators
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I will do a proper introduction later, I have a quick question. I have been reading on this forum for a while now and I am curious about something. Usually moderators are to moderate the forum and make sure it runs smoothly, and, of course, participate. So, how come Hatmaker seems to answer all the questions, seemingly, most of the time? I am truly just wondering. I know she is nice and very helpful, I have just been wondering about this. Do you work for this site? Anyways, I will post my story soon, I really like this forum and the people seem very nice and helpful. Thanks, stp747

Post subject: moderators
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi, and welcome. Yeah, I think the reason it's mostly Hatmaker these days is because for various reasons the other moderators have been unable to participate on the forum as much as would be optimum. They have busy lives after all. As a result Hatmaker's been taking up a lot of the slack and sometimes it even seems like she's the only moderator, or at least the only active one. In fact I think some of the other mods have been starting to come back lately. I hope that continues because it really is better to have more than just one (or a couple) of people available to respond to all the new posts and it's good to have a variety of personalities responding too. It would really too much for one person to handle. I've wondered myself on occasion, why there isn't some explanation of what moderators are, exactly, i.e., what are their responsibilities, etc? But then, this is the only forum I've ever joined, I had a hard time at first even figuring out what a moderator is, but apparently, for online forums the term "moderator" is really common knowledge, though maybe the details of the job description vary some from forum to forum. Anyway, I think the answer to your question is just what I said, that Hatmaker has been taking up the slack because all the other mods are having a hard time fitting the forum into their schedules. It wasn't always this way and hopefully it's only temporary, but it HAS been going on like this for a while now and it has been brought up at least a couple of times as a concern. And...I think that a couple of people recently were invited to be moderators but they turned it down. And my understanding is that there isn't anyone who gets paid to work on this forum...definitely the moderators do not. If anyone does get paid, it might be for web design work or something like that, but I am pretty sure that all that stuff gets done through donated labor too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

None of us get paid. We are here to keep the forum running smoothly. We delete spam when it gets posted to the forum, we are available to help if problems crop up on the forum, and it is our job to let people know if they are violating forum rules.

Hatmaker does a great job of making sure everyone gets a response...but that's not really her job per se. She actually did that before she was even a moderator. She just cares a lot about the forum and invests a lot of time into helping people out around here.

I don't reply to as many topics as hatmaker does, but I am here every day and I read pretty much every post. I reply when I feel like my input would be valuable or when I'm needed. So even though you don't "see" me as much, I'm still here and anyone can feel free to shoot me a PM if they want. Still, I respond to topics on a daily basis.

Jamez is the forum Admin, so he's the boss. Some of the other mods are here less frequently, but mostly it's me, Hatmaker, and Jamez.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[font=Century Gothic]Well the way I look at it I think the moderators that we have on this forum do a hell of a job answering questions, giving advice stopping stupid temper tantrums when they begin, and ive read through god knows how many of the posts on here and Yeah it does seem like *HatMaker* and *DiaryofaQuitter* are the only ones that actually moderate but the others pop in from time to time, i just think that *Hatmaker* and *DoaQ*, act more like regular posters and get into regular everday discussions and regular topics and debates so sometimes it might be easy to forget thay they are indeed MODS i know when i first came on here i didnt realize either of them were moderators i just knew i saw them post alot and then when i started reading the advice they were giving and it started to sound alittle more proffessional and put together i realized wait a minute :wink: lol and thats when i saw their fancy titles :wink: lol! But eithe rway these two are good people who definately look out for the family on this site and look out for the best interest of the site, and for that we appreciate you guys! Muah :D [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you - that was really nice to read MysteriVamp. :D

-Jack Kornfield