It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been on suboxone strips for 7 days now. I currently take 16mg a day, 8mg in the morning and 8mg in the evening. I used painkillers for 8 years, and this dose seems to barely keep me going, at least for now. I still have minor withdrawal symptoms, like leg cramps and restless legs, mainly at night. The worst part is the anxiety. Anyways, about 2 days ago I started getting headaches, usually after I take my morning dose. I've also started having severe night terrors, so bad that I scared my wife to death last night. She didnt know what to do, said I was thrashing around and yelling in my sleep. When i finally awoke I was drenched with sweat and fatigued. Is there anything I can do to help with the headaches and night terrors?? I may try eating before my dose to help with the headaches. I'm grateful for any help. Thx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm sure Dr j will be the most help here, but I used to get headaches on subs only when I took what I felt was too much. I only ever took 8mg a day at the most but there were a few times I went overboard and took a good bit more and I would get pretty bad headaches. They might go away once u get comfortable and find a good dosage to settle out at.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:43 am 

Yeah at 7 days ur still adjusting. It can take around 2 weeks to a month to adjust (it did me). I had headaches too in the beginning but ibuprofen helped that. I can't say that I've heard much of suboxone giving ppl night terrors though. Not everything is suboxone related. Just stopping ur drug of choice can give ya very vivid dreams. When I was in rehab (wasn't on sub during that time) I had awful dreams. It'd wake me up in a puddle of sweat night after night. So suboxone isn't always the culprit. You've been using for 8 yrs, ur possibly gonna find things going on with ur health that u didn't notice during active addiction. Maybe ask ur dr what he/she thinks.

Good luck and stick around, u can learn so much here at this forum :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you guys for all the help! This site really helps me feel more comfortable with my present situation.