Sometimes mobile, sometimes desktop. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I almost always use the desktop site. 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Mobile site? What mobile site? 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Mobile Site? POLL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gosh, what a day... I changed a tiny bit of code on the mobile site, and the mobile site went down-- and worse, when people tried to access it, that messed up their ability to get the desktop site.

So I have the mobile site turned off right now. I'm trying to decide-- does everyone use the mobile site? Please answer the poll to give me a sense of how important that site is.

It is a bit confusing, but I wasn't referring to the app, but to the mobile site that used to be triggered when people logged on with 'smart devices'. The full desktop site has the old logo at the top in a broad picture... the mobile site is pretty much just type.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Mobile Site? POLL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:20 pm 

Good evening Dr Junig,
Are you speaking of the mobile apps? I use noth the old one and the newer one you made from Monkey.
Fact is im jseing it right now ,so im a bit confused here
At any rate if these were to go then Id would google it and go. I use a tablet mostly or a smartphone. Hope that helps

Razor r

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Rule! When you use the app and click on a post, do you get a page that looks like the desktop site (but very small)? Or are you getting the bare-bones mobile site-- white with blue letters, without any images? Thanks for using the app by the way-- I wish more people used it!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:15 pm 

Hey Doc "Razor" here,not Rule. But anyway, ah, the barebones comes up. Then i click for more" at that time the entire desktop page comes up.
Same with your first old Addiction Remission app. Loved that one. So..

I give this app address out every monday and weds at Bupe group. Thanks for,ALL you have done for us sir. This is the greatest site for the Real truth and ed on our kind of recovery.

Razor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry Razor! I go nuts when these things happen... I spend the entire day reading through support forums in a language I hardly know... part of the problem is my hosting company, which is having their own technical problems.
I suspect that the barebones site you are getting is from cached content from nodes of the internet. It takes 24 hours or so for web sites to 'propagate'-- for new pages to replace old pages and for content to disappear. We'll see what happens tomorrow-- but from my perspective the forum mobile style is down, and will probably be down until I find someone to help with it. I had help from a guy in Pakistan in 2013; I hired him through a site called 'elance' where IT experts do freelance jobs. I sent an email his way...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:42 pm 

Oh yes, I remember in '13 that the intire site almost went up in smoke. I don't understand these kind of things. Tech wise I am not.
Again thanks for all ya do here...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OMG... just found an old back-up file that is over 5 gigabytes in size-- which is very big for a bunch of letters and words! It is amazing how many sentences of misery, joy, helpfulness, anger, and camaraderie (had to look up the spelling on that one) are in that file...

It took a couple hours just to 'unzip' the file, but then I found the original copy of the file I needed-- 'overall_header.php' -- copied it into the right place, and we're up and running again!

Funny how all day I fiddled with this- literally 8 hours or so, with a sick feeling in my gut when I couldn't fix it. I took an hour off to eat dinner, then the idea popped into my head about the old back-up file. I unzipped it while watching Homeland. So interesting how the mind can get stuck, but they figure things out with some time away. I always notice that with crossword puzzles too.

So don't worry about the poll-- not for now anyway!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:12 am 

I'm so glad your brain "unzipped" and remembered this method of retrieval!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:49 am 

Hey Dr. Junig :)

I always use the mobile on my iPhone. I tried accessing the site on and off most of the day and it would go to the site but just be a blank screen. Then I remembered yesterday u said you'd be doing maintenance so I figured that's what was going on.

Gosh I use mobile 100% of the time, so glad u got that worked out. Thank u for working so hard to get it bk going!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:11 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Using a PC and still a hold out with the smart phone, I have no idea what the mobile thing is. Once I make the jump to a new phone I guess it will become clear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I prefer using the desktop site, so don't get a phone because of this site! Basically it is the forum without images or styling.

If you do get a smart phone, go to my blog, http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com, and use the app called 'QRcode scanner' to scan the image on the upper left part of the page- that will load an 'app' for the forum, the blog, and a few other things (news feeds about buprenorphine, news feeds about overdose, etc).

BTW... I finally completed some upgrades over the weekend, and things should be faster and more secure. Let me know if any problems pop up!