It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: mixtures
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

What happens if you mix Suboxone with Oxycontin for pain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The answer?? Not a whole effing lot. Well I take that back. It depends on how you answer these 2 questions.... Are you on the Suboxone first and wanna dose with OC??? Then it depends on the mgs of sub you are on but unless its a miniscule amount of sub then the OC wont give you any feeling because of the recpetor blockage. Now if you are on a ton of OC and wanna randomly pop a sub under your tounge then you are definatly gonna feel some withdrawal effects... Thats my opinion anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well...I wouldn't advise this but since I have first hand experience with this question I will reply. I was on 32 mg of suboxone a few years back and wasn't serious about my recovery ( I'm being totally honest) and being an addict I ran across some morphine. Of course My thoughts were of getting high and I ignored the possible side effects of suboxone. I took 150 mg of morphine by mouth and I hate to admit that I actually got high. I didn't have any side effects the next day. I continued to use off and on for a few months then I got serious about what I was doing.
Since your asking about the pain issue, Im not sure how the 2 combo will effect the pain. I just wanted to let you know that I didn't have any adverse side effects (I know what I was doing was wrong) I will say that I didn't feel the full effects from the morphine but I did feel something. I hope that your issue with pain will resolve itself safely without the use of Oxy. I would hate for anyone to wake that demon inside of them Like I did a few years back. Take Care...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:31 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to know if it would make me sick or give me serious side effects. To be honest I'm on Suboxone for pain relief -- I gave up Oxy because I saw the demon of escalation to higher and higher doses to treat pain -- on Suboxone I don't have to worry about that. It's just so expensive (3 x the price of Oxy) that I worry about running out, having no alternative, and going through detox AND pain. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Several years ago I injected heroin a couple times while on 16mg per day of suboxone. Let me tell you the results were not good. The first time Absolutely nothing happened. I didnt get high and I didnt get sick. A couple months later I tried it again. This time I felt a slight rush like heroin high for about 2 minutes then was violently sick for the next day and a half. I personally wont ever try that again. Learnt my lesson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I know people that go back and forth on subs and strong opiates and I have heard that after you do this for an amount of time, switching back and forth day in day out the subs will eventually not do what they are suppose to do. I don't know about one time drug use with sub. Just thought I would tell you guys the info. Lynn