It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: misconception
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok. I know Suboxone is a drug first of all. And. I know it is an addictive substance in some cases. For the purpose of this thread.... Suboxone is a recovery tool and nothing more. Anyways. Couple of points that are worrying me that keep coming up on here. First. There are many people blaming Suboxone for things that aren't being caused by the Suboxone. Most of which could be a million other things. But. This is a good segway point.... slot of the time people are stopping opioids but continue to use other substances that they can "handle". I truly believe that many people are blaming Suboxone for the negative effects of active addiction... such as depression. Second. Choosing to ignore recovery for one reason or another. Whether it's the fact that you don't like NA or that you are smarter than your shrink. I'm sorry but you don't just get recovery by staying clean and osmosis. So. What do we have now? I'm getting off Suboxone due to side effects that aren't really side effects in most cases, I have little to no recovery because NA and therapy are for idiots, weed and alcohol are okay because I just have a problem with opiates, and I'm can't wait to just put all this nonsense behind me so I'll just use my willpower to not be an addict anymore. Sounds pretty crazy. But that's what I'm seeing in a nutshell and it's alarming. We are addicts. We are the problem. We can't just wish it away. Suboxone doesn't rot your soul... not seeking recovery on Suboxone does. Idk. Just my view from left field.

These views are based on facts and personal experience. But. I think no addict should ever die because they are pressured into insane ideas. Again. Personal experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree with you moviemaker. Suboxone is not the only answer nor is it evil. It is a tool that if used properly can aid in recovery.

It is a medication that does have side effects. That does suck. But it shouldnt be blamed for every problem in life. Recovery takes work. Sitting around taking sub is not enough. Sub is not magic.

I personally dont drink, smoke weed, or use other drugs either. But Im not going to judge others if they can tolerate an occasional drink. NA/AA are not perfect programs and they have high relapse rates. They offer good support and are really the only game in town. I think suboxone and SOME of the NA stuff is perfect for me right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amen. Thank you. Nailed it.