It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I posted something a few weeks ago on a diff account about doing heroin for 2 weeks to try and get my body used to a shorter acting opiate maybe thinking it would help me readjust. I ran out of bags on day 13 i did about half a bag a day. whenever i would feel the withdrawals come on again i would do some. even though i was doing those i still felt crappy and had no energy and could only sleep 4/5 hours at a time. After my last line i could feel the withdrawal start to come on at about the 4th hour. about a day an a half into it i felt awful. skin on fire, pains, wrestless body and anxiety like ive never had before. i was getting panic attacks and i felt like the walls were closing in on me and couldn't breathe for the first time ever in my life. Im stuck in a city with absolutely no friends or family right now, my dad just died, i cant tell my mom about this and my girl just ditched me for literally absolutely nothing... so i was trapped in a closet apartment when it was like 10 degrees out having panic attacks just thinking about all that garbage and just how alone i felt. so i was not having fun at this point and obviously only expected it to get waay worse. i called a friend who lives on the other end of the country and talked to him he was like oh you will be fine just calm down ill pray for you just pray and god will help you out he knows your like fucked up right now.. and being the atheist i am i kinda laughed and told him it doesn't work like that. after i got off the phone it eventually got worse and worse so i put my hands together and sincerely prayed for the first time in like i dont know.. 10 years. I was obviously not expecting much of anything, about 3 more hours go by and all of a sudden it was almost like i ate a piece of suboxone like in 5 minutes i went from feeling absolutely awful to almost completely normal again. anxiety gone, pains gone, stopped moving my legs, no diarrhea. i just felt worn out. so i just went to bed? and slept 12 hours that night. i had been getting 4 hours of sleep every night when i bumped dope before i slept. its been about 2 weeks clean i don't feel better or worse than i did right after that happened. i feel fine but its not like it used to be, im not chatty and down to do shit. i just kinda feel lazy which is expected, but yea i think im going to start praying more... all i know is that doesn't just happen out of nowhere. obviously i would not count on this but, i thought maybe id share, it might help somebody else.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Whatever works!!

I'm an atheist (for the most part) so I haven't experienced anything like that. But I am all for whatever gets a person clean and healthy. Some people need NA, some people find religion, some people just stop doing drugs and move on with life, whatever. No one recovers the same. If you feel like prayer helped you, for goodness sakes, keep on praying! I tend to kind of be the person who is just moving on. I've been off suboxone for like 4 months and I don't do NA or attend church - I am just relearning how to live life normally without self medicating. I just kind of got on with things (although I know I'm not cured, nor will I ever be). But ya know, I have another friend like that - who got hooked on crystal meth for a few years, in and out of jail, lost her job, her home, etc. After her last jail stint she just didn't pick up again. She was just over it. It's been about 6 years now and she never attended NA or did therapy or anything and she really doesn't even identify as an addict at all anymore. She's totally kicking ass flipping homes and is on her way to being a CPA. She just moved on...ya know?

Bottom line:
WHATEVER WORKS!!

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

if u dont have anything else might as well try it. my only problem now is i cant sleep for more than 4 hours at a time its really annoying and not getting any better an im exausted and i really wana do suboxone lol. but obviously cant