It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: miracle drug
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on sub ×16d and everyone around me can't believe how much happier I am, I know there is no such thing as instant gratification from sub, but not having to chase pills, or worrying about if I have enough to last until my next Dr appt is such an amazing feeling, also I use to count down the hours before I could take my next percocet, and now time doesn't even cross my mind. Well unless my homework is due lol. These sub have helped me tremendously, I am in my first year of college to be a nurse. I am a qualified medical assistant and I was initially Rx perc for my 10 different car accidents, not BC of being high but BC of bad luck with being rear ended. Anyway prior to perc I was a heroin addict I have been clean from that opiate ×9 years on March 20,2015(yey me) but my addictive personality obviously made me go to the Dr for my neck pain. I was sober from opiates(heroin)for 56 days when I took my first vicoden. Stupid move, but it was Rx to me. I didn't tell the Dr I was a reoverering addict BC I thought I was OK. If that was true I wouldn't have taken the Vic. Anyway, I call sub my miracle drug, I was taking 6 perc a day and it still wasn't enough that's when I said enough is enough! I called 12 Dr's before I found one who would accept my ins, and ever since then I am not a live clock, I use to be able to tell you the time only BC I felt the perc leaving my body, it was crazy. I know sub is a tx plan and I have my first counseling session on Apr. Fools day, haha God does have a sense of humor, anyway, I am sooooo thankful for this med and I know I will graduate as a RN in September 2017 and not be controlled by stupid pills. Constructive criticism is appreciated, but no bashing allowed lol. I wrote this for beginners like me so they don't give up hope. It takes 17 days to start a new habit and if this is it I'll take it over jail or death. Thank you whoever created sub, my nick name for sub is "miracle drug" tomorrow is day 17! Perc free and feeling like me. Ahhhmazing. Hope someone who is just as new to this med as me reads this and knows that anything worth anything is hard but will be worth it in the end.

Post subject: Re: miracle drug
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This prob should've went in addiction stories oops

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:15 pm 

I'm not a new person on sub, but I experienced the same gratitude that I found sub! That was in 2011. I had been getting prerequisites for nursing school together in the previous 5 years and I was ready to apply to school. I have a BA, so I was applying to accelerated BA to BS in nursing programs. However, during 2010 and 2011 I was also in very active addiction. After I went on sub in the fall of 2011, I made the painful decision to stop pursuing a nursing degree. My ultimate goal had been to become a nurse midwife and I didn't think I would be a good candidate to be able to write opiate prescriptions. I think it's awesome that you are moving forward with your nursing goals, however! There are plenty of nurses who are opiate addicts, but are stable on suboxone.

I wish you well in your studies!!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:20 pm 

Congrats on feeling like a normal human being again. I am in the same mind frame as you even though I've been on Suboxone for 5 years now. If possible, I'll stay on it until something inside me says "stop". Then I'll taper slowly and give it up. But for now, I'm good.

Thanks for posting this positive message and I took the liberty of moving this topic into the Addiction section per your suggestion.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:04 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

wow, congrats to your achievement! it feels good to be brand new agian! just keep it up! proud of you!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buprenorphine is a very cool molecule, when you think about what it does-- the ceiling effect, the blocking actions, the long half-life... I get frustrated by the people who say 'we need a better drug to fight opioid dependence', because the features that people criticize are integral to the actions of the medication. If it were easier to stop, for example, people would be less compliant with treatment. If it had no mu receptor activity, it would not relieve withdrawal and cravings.

I suppose it could cost less though...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on suboxone for 13 months now and have decreased dosage every six months. I have found that the level of trust and respect that I lost while on illegal drugs, has been regained and has grown. I am a full suporter of suboxone and suboxone clinics as long as its taken as prescribed and not used as a legal drug dealer. I see people every day taking advantage of the one thing that has given me my life back. I see some selling suboxone and others buying if from the street just to double dose and get a buzz off of it. That sickens me because I know they are the ones giving suboxone, and clinics a bad reputation. They are metaphorically slapping the one thing that saved my life in the face. I'm glad to see that there are others out there that this miracle drug has actually helped. Congratulations and I wish u the best in life. Take care.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:26 pm 

Hello RCombs, Welcome! I love what you posted and feel exactly the same way! You commented on an older thread and I wonder if you might consider starting your own thread with a post about your personal story? If you are not comfortable with that, I completely understand and respect that. I just enjoyed reading your post and identified with what you said! Again, welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 pm 

Michelle is right! It would be fantastic if you started a new thread and introduced yourself!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your thoughts!

Amy