It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:40 pm 
If you are in the Minneapolis area or can get here once a month, I can recommend a great Doctor for your Suboxone Induction and/or Maintenance. Dr. Yijie Dong is fantastic. He handles his Suboxone patients outside of his normal clinic practice. He has become a most trusted advisor. He was was an Opthamologist for many years. When he retired from eye surgery he decided to become a Psychiatrist specializing in addiction medicine. I once asked him why he went into Addiction Medicine and he told me it was because Addiction medicine offers a greater chance of helping people recover in less time than with (talk) psychotherapy. I think his heart is in the right place. He appears to either believe in longterm Suboxone use, or at least has no problem with it. He has never tired to taper me off of Suboxone, though has supported me when I wanted to take less.
He also prescribes my anti-depressant, and councils me on any other physical problems I may be having, so he is not JUST my Suboxone doctor. He charges me $150 (cash) per monthly visit. I have been with him for 4 years though, so I cannot say for sure if new patients would be charged the same. As with all the other Suboxone docs I am aware of, he does not take insurance, though he will sign your claim forms should you want to submit them.