It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:59 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have a COWS sheet and just want advice on dosing. I have 8/2 strips if I am getting good advice I need to wait three days after last meth dose and take one. My questions are is 8 good or should I take 8 in the am and 8 at noon? If I do feel worse do I just keep taking them daily until I feel better? If I get to a 26 on the cow scale before I hit the 72 hour mark do I start? And what daily dose is good I dont want to be to high because I want to ween off Any help or advice would be great.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:17 pm 

Hi skrewed, and welcome to the forum! I agree with your thinking when it comes to how long to wait before induction. 3 days will be hard but at least you'll be sure not to have withdrawal illness by taking it too soon. It's called precipitated withdrawals and you really don't want them.

As far as what dose is right for you, that's an easy one. Just take one 8/2 film and see how you feel after an hour. It takes at least an hour to get the full effect so don't rush into it. If you're still experiencing a little w/d's then go ahead and take another. Or maybe a half of one. Just start low and work your way up to where you feel the best. It still takes your body about a week, maybe two, to get adjusted to Suboxone. At the correct dose you may feel a small buzz or feeling of well-being, but not really a high per say. It just makes me feel normal, that's all.

Give yourself plenty of time to adjust and don't think about tapering down for at least a month. That's only my opinion. You will do what you feel is best no matter what we say.

Good job at getting down to 30 mills of methadone.

rule

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have a family member that had to wait 5days to induct. He tapered to 30 mg methadone per his doctor instructions, then he stopped the done. He did have comfort meds and maybe that's why he had to wait so long, idk.

Rule is spot on saying you first need to stabilize on the sub before you try to wean off. There is another member that recently made the switch. Have you read her thread? He name is something like, Lafferty. See if you can find her thread if you haven't read it yet.

Good luck

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Have you inducted yet? Wait as long as possible before starting and the better off you will be and don't worry about weaning until you are stable. Who knows, you might like Subs and will want to stay on them awhile. Don't put the "cart" ahead of the "horse"
Take care and good luck
Happy