It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been searching and searching for ways to get off of Suboxone after a 4+ years ride. Suboxone does have its' purpose and is great for newly clean addicts, but for myself, I'm ready to get off. I was checking out a few YouTube videos and came across a guy that came up with a very clever tapper method. I just wanted to share with everyone and hopefully get some feedback. I have posted the link to his YouTube channel below.

Thanks,

Chaz.

http://www.youtube.com/user/everydamndayvlog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Tramadol acts much like an opiate to me - so for me, I'm not down with this method. It would awaken the beast, so to speak, and I know it has that potential for a lot of people. You would need to demonstrate strong willpower to not just "keep going", ya know? And most of us don't have that kind of willpower - that's why we're addicts.

I have heard that tramadol helps a lot with withdrawal but I think it helps so much because it acts like an opiate. Get what I'm saying. Vicodin would also help a lot with withdrawal but it's like you're prolonging the inevitable . You need to get off the opiates in order to let your brain and your body heal.

If you want to get off suboxone, why don't you just taper? I can't speak to what it's like to be on suboxone for that long, I was only on for 4 months, and 2-3 years of opiate use before that. My taper went pretty smoothly. I never felt terrible during any of my dose drops - maybe a little achy - but exercising and eating right help and keeping busy helped a lot. I got down to .25mg/day when I jumped and that was over 2 weeks ago. I felt crappy, really tired and super foggy but nothing like the horror stories you read about. Once the physical symptoms passed, I felt a little depressed but I knew what was happening. I knew my brain was desperately missing the synthetic endorphins I'd been pumping into it. So I read up on ways to increase natural endorphins and I implemented those and the depression lifted almost immediately. I exercise a lot, I eat right, I take vitamins, I use a sauna (love that thing!), I keep really busy, engage in activities I enjoy, etc. I feel AMAZING now. It wasn't bad AT ALL.

What dosage are you on now and have you tried to taper?

"the only way out is through"