It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This may sound trivial to many but for someone actually micro tapering having the exact size on your doses is HUGE.

So, I pray some of you out there lurking may have some great tips and will RESPOND with suggestions to cut the 2mg suboxone films down to micro pieces evenly and consistently? I have read about the liquid and hole punch (great suggestions) but unfortunately the water didnt work for me (may go back to that dissolving the films if this continues to be an issue cutting) but for now, cutting is better just can't find a method for more consistent pieces. Tried the hole punch but it tends to "crush" the film and leave too much left over for me to believe those holes are actually .333 each. Maybe when I am comfortable down to .2mg will I use the hole punch but for now, I dont want to waste the films or damage them.

Right now I am cutting the 2mg film into 6 rectangular pieces which equate to approx .333 each. I am just using the notches from the board consistent from what I did the last cut and then go down a notch when ready to reduce again. I cut a 2mg film into 6 pieces (measure out by guessing on the ruler what is reasonably 6 even pieces, then cut each piece from the end inward). My pieces are "reasonably" the same size but my horrid cutting and handling not always even. I want so much to not have to worry about sizing and have a similar method as the liquid where it is more exact each time.

Anyone have great ideas to evenly cut your films when you are below .5? Folding doesnt work for me as I handle the film too much and I for one cannot fold with tweezers? Have tried the rotary cutters (useless). Have tried cutting little pieces of cardboard once then just trimming the film against my card board - maybe I had crappy cardboard but had a hard time with that keeping its shape and holding that and the film steady enough to cut. Tried marking the film but still get uneven measuring.

If I dont hear anything my guess is I am making this more an issue than it is worth. I have successfully tapered to .333 from .5 so am very happy and moving forward nicely just would rather have a more consistent measuring system.

Hoping others have some tips/ ideas out there? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just to be clear for those interested, My current daily dose is .6. I dose twice a day, so I take .333 in morning and .333 in afternoon. A few weeks ago I was at 1.0mg so this is great progress for me.

I trust God with my sobriety, pray, read every day. Attend meetings, walk and exercise daily and have made changes to my lifestyle so that when that voice says I am going back to the girl I was before I started drugs and why bother, I believe otherwise. Truth - I am already different - eat different, live different. help yourself by putting the action behind your faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

self healing cutting mat
http://www.amazon.com/Alvin-Translucent ... utting+mat

exacto knife
http://www.amazon.com/X-ACTO-Knife-Cap- ... acto+knife

All you need. With these 2 tools I'm able to get films into 32 even pieces.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Broseph, thank you. I had already ordered the exacto knife yesterday so that is on its way. Will order that self healing mat today.

I appreciate your response. I am terrible with anything to do with "arts and crafts" so I realize this is just me not being able to cut/measure well.