It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:09 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all. I am new to suboxone. 2 days now. I have some questions.....it’s making me itch a little, I threw up last night because i swallowed it after letting it dissolve and I guess you’re not supposed to? I’m in sober living apartment so I only get a weeks worth of medication at a time so I don’t have the direction pamphlet otherwise I’d read That lol. So include supposed to spit it out after it dissolves and itchiness normal? I’ve also noticed that my head is clearer, less cravings, and more motivation to live life even after just couple of days

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:09 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I’m supposed to spit....not include

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, welcome to the forum. Vomiting is usually only a side effect if your dose is too high. Swallowing the bupe just renders it ineffective. Itching is a rare side effect -not sure if it would be related to having your dose be too high. What dose are you on? How large of a habit did you have before Suboxone?

As far is the spitting, some people spit after the dose is fully absorbed, so that they don’t swallow the naloxone - but that is usually if the medication is causing headaches. In a sober house you should be allowed to keep your medication inserts. But you can look at the patient insert online at Suboxone.com. (Or look on a website like Rxlist.com)

Let us know how you are doing.
Lilly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:58 am 

Hello Chelleyoh welcome!!

Lilly covered everything I was going to say. I was wondering what ur tolerance was before buprenorphine and ur dose of buprenorphine.

Is the taste what made u sick? Because u swallowed it? I'm asking that because when I first started suboxone strips, after it would be dissolved I'd swallow what was left but I hated it. It took some getting used to but now I don't even notice it at all. I'm used to the taste. There's nothing out there stating that ur not supposed to swollow the medicine after it has dissolved though, u absolutely can and I do. If u have headaches, like Lilly covered, u can but that's about all I've heard of..... what I'm saying is u let it dissolve under the tongue and swollow the rest after it's done unless u have headaches or something and it is optional if u want to spit out the remaining.

Ur still new to this medication so let ur body adjust. Don't stress on the small stuff and enjoy those cravings being gone. Waking up each morning starts feeling like a blessing again and with a clearer mind, u start enjoying things again like u used to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:12 pm 

Michelle.....where are you? You posted this on the 3rd but haven't checked back in yet. Good responses from the members. They asked the same questions I was going to ask.

Let us know how you're doing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:03 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey Michelle, welcome. I've been on Suboxone 8mg for about 6 months. It worked well for about a month, then I noticed it wears off around 11am (I take at 6am). Also, I was told to let it dissolve under my tongue and just hold it as long as you can (after it dissolves). I don't even swallow my spit for at least 15min. It seems to work really well that way. Also, I was told to not smoke, drink or eat 15 minutes before and after taking it because smoking and drinking something cold/cool makes your veins constrict, so the meds won't absorb. But, who knows. Any information or experiences of making it last the 24hrs, it's supposed to, would be awesome.