It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you kidding me? WOW, you just skipped a whole day!!! Good for you. That's awesome. That was a huge 'drop' in a sense. Didn't you kinda just drop your dose by half by skipping a whole day? Man, 45 (and counting) hours is a loooong time to go without Sub. :shock: If you can do that long, and your dose is only around .3 to begin with, then you are extremely close to being completely done.

I want to ask you about your symptoms. You have NO effects whatsoever? Does your skin not feel sunburned? Do you not have any pain in your legs at all? Does your nose not have a very odd smell in it at all? Are your legs not shaking when walk? I'm amazed when people make these huge drops or space their doses and report no symptoms at all. I wish that would happen to me, lol!!

I think you've done a lot of things to help make this easier on yourself. You maintained a low dose. You run and surf. You reduced your dose over a long period. This is a great story for anyone who is planning on ever getting off Sub to read. There was a long period of time where I wasn't ready to tackle tapering all the way off, so I maintained a higher dose than I should have because I was so 'all or nothing' about it and I really didn't grasp how difficult the very low doses could be. I've learned from people like you that it is absolutely worth it in the long run to taper down to a low dose and then maintain until ready to finish it. Plus, it's easy to drop to a fairly low dose with nearly no symptoms at all, if one is reasonably patient. I absolutely wish I'd done it more like you did. Hopefully, others will derive a lot of benefit from reading your story.

You are NEARLY THERE!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Ladder I know it is tripping me out too! I knew I was close but didn't think I was this close. I honestly hardly had any symptoms when I skipped the last day. I did notice that I was starting to get the runs later in the afternoon and through the night. Could be related but maybe not? I did end up dosing a little after midnight last night so I made it just over 48 hours. If I didn't need to sleep I would have been ok, but I just felt really restless when I layed down and had a hard time getting comfortable. The first day that I tried skipping a day I made it about 39 hours and that was far more difficult, but I really think the majority of it was mental just because dosing is such a ritual that it felt weird not doing it. Im hoping that this doesn't catch up to me and all the sudden experience discomfort but it has been 4 days since I first skipped almost a full day and I feel great this morning! Still going to take it as slow as my body tells me, but I am shooting for making it more than 48 hours now. Ill post back when I get there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Alright soo I made it another 53 1/2 hours w/o dosing! I ended up taking .2 this morning around 5 30am because I just felt restless trying to go to sleep. I noticed I didn't feel restless if I was up walking around, it really only seemed noticeable as I tried to go to sleep with a bit of the annoying crawly skin. I contemplated taking some klonopin but decided only to use that for emergencies as I don't want to get in the habit of it. About 45 min after dosing I felt better but at least I pushed it past the 48 hour mark! Now I am going to try to make it even longer than that, while taking as low a dose as possible if necessary. I am at least going to try to get to the point where I hit the 48 hour marker sometime during the morning/day so that I can push as far as possible. Getting sleep is key for me so trying to plan around that. Other than the restlessness I am not experiencing any fatigue or anything really. I am anxious to get off but I want to make this as painless as possible so gonna continue to drag it out as much as I need to. Ill post back when I get close to 72hrs

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Soo Im bored and thought I would update as things are going pretty good. Posting really helps me keep track of my progress and I would recommend it to anyone whose tapering. I am now at 62 hours since my last dose of .2mg! Yesterday was a little more difficult than today. I was anxious in the morning, a little restless and lethargic but had to go to work. I brought some subs just in case, but ended up grinding through the day and doing fine. The day dragged on but didn't really consider taking the subs at all. I feel asleep fine last night but awoke at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. Got about 5 hours. I felt great physically just couldn't calm the mind. I got an awesome surf sesh in this morning and have felt great all day except for some mild restlessness. I find when I get restless, instead of taking sub I take .1 of clonodine. It is really amazing how well it works. I feel like I am on day one right now and gonna glide through to tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed at least.

To me it seems like skipping days might be better than say getting down to .1 or lower. I think it mentally trains you to not be conditioned in feeling like you need your dose everyday. I think it just speeds up the process and makes it easier once you make the final jump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

99 hours no subs and counting! Ok this is really starting to trip me out. 3 hours into day 4 and I feel fine. Great actually. I slept like a baby last night, didn't even wake till this morning. The only thing I really noticed yesterday was some slight lethargy and upset/cramping stomach and the occasional sneeze fits. Could this possibly be it? Has anybody else experienced this? I am thinking maybe when you taper, days 1-3 may be the most difficult since you have so little in your system by the time you jump? The clonodine must be helping too, but I only take .1 before bedtime. I haven't even needed to dip into my Klonopin other than maybe 2 times. I really do not know but if this is it, I cant believe I have been stressing so hard for the last year over getting off. Curious as to what you guys think cause I am still a little paranoid it hasn't set in yet. Maybe I have a fast metabolism or something I really have no idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rmac -

Congrats! It looks like you might be through the worst of it and YAY it wasn't that bad. You are not the first person on the forum who tapered down very low and then quit with almost no withdrawal. There have been a few others with the same/similar experience. I think Bronzebeta is one and there are a couple in the Liquid Taper thread who did it. The skipping days thing I think really helps.

You did it! I hope you continue to feel better and better and enjoy the hell outta the summer. Well done!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You did it! You are done! At the tiny doses you were on, sub acts like a short acing opiate, and the 36 hour half life doesn't apply. So the dose you took 99+ hours ago is LONG GONE. You are officially free of Sub. Good for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow thanks DOAQ and LillyVal! That makes total sense, but it is still unbelievable to me. I never would have anticipated it going this well. Going on 108+ hours now and feel fine. Just got a pretty good run and sauna sesh in. I know I am not out of the woods yet but prob experienced the worst already. I honestly have felt worse while I was on subs than I did late in my taper and the final jump. I will continue to update from time to time on my progress, but I hope this helps all you fellow tapers' out there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:31 am 
Well look at you go, Rmac!!!!! I am sooooo happy for you!! I really think you're going to be just fine from here on out!! You've provided another successful tapering story for me and I thank you for that! You've done a great job and done this in as "right" a way as seems possible and it's paying off for you!!
I do hope you'll pop in with updates. Congratulations to you!! All the best to you in the future!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks alot SetMeFree! This board truly has helped me tremendously throughout my journey and given me the confidence to taper like I did and eventually jump. I was always skeptical of the success stories, especially ones like mine because I didn't think there was a way in hell to get off this drug without too much of a struggle. Its upsetting to me that this drug gets such a bad name because of people choosing to go about it the wrong way. Yes it takes discipline, and is not always fun and games, but totally doable and hardly unbearable. If I knew what I know now I would have saved myself a whole lot of stress over the last year. It was almost paralyzing just the thought of getting off and how the hell I would be able to handle it..

So I am on day 6 now and doing great still! Only symptoms are the occasional sneeze fits, a little low energy, some mild anxiety from time to time and thats about it. I slept like a baby last night, and woke once at 4am before falling back asleep rather quickly. I don't have any cravings for anything, but I will admit the addict in me is a little more active. My receptors are basically screaming "Heyyy we re open for business now!" In the past I wouldn't be able to process those thoughts, I would just act, but know I am able to play the tape and remember how miserable addiction was. I can get rid of the thought quickly, but it is a little scary to me. Just a reminder that you always need to keep things in check and you can't let yourself get lax about it. Thanks again everybody for your kind words! I ve been waiting for this day for a long time. It has been a long hard road as all of ours are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, good for you!! I'm so happy to hear this! I love hearing that people got to the end and it wasn't bad. I think I'm very psyched out right now, so I'm really thankful for these sorts of stories. It makes me feel even better to hear that you also were very scared and skeptical of the success stories. That's exactly how I feel, lol. So, would you say that you felt worse while tapering then after you jumped? That's what I got from what you said. Maybe that will end up being true for me....

Thanks so much and I hope it keeps going well for you.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

yea this is exactly what I experienced. I got my dose really low to about .1mg and then realized I didnt need it anymore. Its a pretty amazing epiphany so I know how you feel. I also had some sneezing, lethargy and definitely RLS for a few weeks after I stopped but the clonodine got me through all that. I am over the 100 day mark I think. I feel back to my old self except for the occasional craving. I crave subs more than anything else though. It ONLY happens when I am bored and lying around. If I am active at work, school, biking, etc., I have no cravings. I feel really good overall though. It will take work to continue to fight those cravings and know that they wont be satisfied even if I were to take a sub or opiate. And I am glad I wrote down all those terrible feelings I had when I was on sub so I can remind myself how much better I feel now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

GOOD JOB........ I bet the sauna sessions helped you sweat out alot of the toxins and the running had to help as well................ I skipped days before I jumped then one day I just stopped taking it ( april 15th ) I JUST WANTED TO PAT YOU ON THE BACK FOR GOING FOR IT AND STICKING TO IT..................

Lisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:25 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

[font=Georgia] [/font]

Hello, I am brand new and had no intention of posting for a while. But, I came to this forum to find this exact thread, and I already cheated... meaning I paged through real fast to the likely happy ending it does seem! How great to read the last page of what seems to be a very thoughtful successful taper, RMac ? I think I got your name almost right. Thank-you so much. This is a model I will want to try and I greatly appreciate how meticulous you are in your details. And there is going to be an amazing wave waiting for you. Real quick, I have a 4 year history of chronic pain. Been on low dose Methadone for it for a few months when Kadian failed, but I have side effects that are terribly bothersome, and I want to go off to see what my baseline pain is and search other non-opiate options. I chose Suboxone after I couldn't even take any clonodine, baclofen to help w/d symptoms. I'd get way too dizzy etc. And, on my own I figured that I have unfortunately been in low grade withdrawal for about 2 years. My symptoms were profuse sweating at night, tinnitus and searing bone pain. I was on a low dose of Methadone, 15 mg a day and my pain was controlled, but I didn't want to increase due to tolerance so I suffered through it, and then my dr.s were worried about new neuropathic pain stuff. Anyway, here I am on day 2 of Subox and since I can't sleep yet I am looking for this exact thread. So kind thanks and now..maybe a much needed nap. I am on a 3x a day dosing of a total of 6 mg so I'd like to follow your path, I do hope. In the meantime, I hope a lovely wave greets you and you'll have a great ride. Thanks, Anita

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the kind words everybody.. So I guess I am due for an update. A lot of good has happened since my last update, but the good always comes with the bad I guess. I'll start with the good! I am on day 15 or 16 free of sub! Starting to have trouble keeping track so that is a good sign. I have been doing pretty damn good considering that I never thought in a million years getting off sub could be this easy, and it keeps getting better. I have struggled with lethargy, some anxiety, maybe a bit irritable and some mild depression but it is all very mild. Just a little frustrating more than anything because I am soo ready for this looonng ride to be over with. The last 2 or 3 days I have really started to get my energy back to a good level, surfing and running daily. I took about a week off of exercise just because I felt so tired by the time I got home from work. I haven't taken any clonodine the last few days, but it helped immensely whenever I was feeling a bit anxious. It is a little harder for me to get to sleep at night but once I fall asleep I sleep through the night. All in all things are good..

Ok so now for the bad.. What I failed to mention to everybody is that I had stashed 4 80mg Oxy's that I bought about 4 months into sobriety. I know my reasoning is probably ridiculous as I am an addict afterall, but Ill tell you anyway. I knew that the new anti abuse formula was coming out, and the old ones would practically be worth gold a year down the road. So I bought them with the intent of turning them around and making some good cash, but also wanted them as a safety net because I was so frightened of sub w/d and thought I could use the oxy to come off the sub. Well I still couldn't bring myself to sell them and ended up caving on my 7th day without subs. I was just having a bad day, feeling anxious, and bored on a Friday night. I know, excuses excuses. To tell you the truth I am happy that it happened because now I won't be tormented wondering what it would be like to use one last time. My experience was absolutely MISERABLE!! I want nothing to do with opiates anymore and this reaffirmed it. I felt like shit for a few days and def slowed my recovery from the sub jump. I realize this is just a small blip in the big picture and forced me to look at how serious I must watch my sobriety now that I am not on subs. When you are on subs it is almost like it does the work for you because you know that no matter what, you won't get high if you use. I told my Mom immediately and gave her the rest of my pills to discard of. So here I am 15 days off subs, and 7 or 8 days removed from my relapse and feeling good about life. Ill post back from time to time but I anticipate things being uneventful from here on out so Ill check back a few months down the road. Good luck to all you fellow tapers'

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Alright soo here I am 37 or 38 days off of subs! Today is my 25th BDAY and my goal was to have at least 2 weeks off subs at this point so I have more than meet that goal. Other than my little relapse 7 days in I have been doing ok. I won't sugar coat it and say it has been all fun and games, because it hasn't, but I have good days and bad days. I have experienced some anxiety, but my main complaint is the low energy, and slight aches in my back and legs. I feel a bit apathetic and like my brain is almost misfiring from time to time. These are all pretty minor symptoms, but very annoying and I am starting to wonder if I will ever feel good again. I know I will eventually, but subs really do do a number on your system.

On the positive side of things I can't tell you how good it feels to be off of this stuff! I do have a bad thought from time to time but the difference from before and after sub is that before I would think of all the good things opiates do for you and just go into autopilot and start calling the dopeman without thinking twice. Now when I think of opiates I associate 99% of my thoughts with the bad and move right along with my day. Its quite amazing really. I have still been working, surfing and running when I have the energy, but not as much as Id like because of my low energy levels. All in all things are good, just frustrated that I dont feel like a million bucks yet! I know it is coming though! Hope everyone is doing well. Being off subs def killed my appetite for SuboxForum, but I will continue to check back from time to time

Post subject: 70 Days Off
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well just checking back in to keep these updates going.. I am somewhere in the 70-72 day range of being off subs! And 32 days free of any opiate! I just noticed my last post was on my BDAY, and ironically enough I relapsed later that day, hence I have been sober for the 32 days since. I know what triggered my relapse, I won't get into that, but I can tell you it was miserable and totally not worth it.

It is a trip having been off subs over 2 months now, something I never could have imagined, and what I imagined was a hell of a lot better than this. By this point I figured things would be great and I would be 95% at least physically. Boy was I wrong about that. I don't want to scare anyone because it is not all bad, totally manageable if you have the heart of a lion, and keep your eye on the prize, but it sure is a grind. I would say my energy levels are at about 45-50% the majority of the time. 70% on a really good day once in a blue moon. I have aches in my shoulders and back off and on, and anxiety from time to time. The energy aspect is by far the worst for me, which I guess may be better than debilitating anxiety. It seems really hard to get those endorphins firing. I still feel a bit of depression and just like my brain is not right. I am hopeful somedays though so it is not all bad. I still exercise whenever I have the energy, at least a few times a week. I take a cocktail of amino acids, B complex, Vitamin C and D, Blue Klamath algae, and drink a super healthy vegan protein shake daily that also detoxes you. I sit in the sauna 5 times a week too. Basically I am doing almost everything right and still struggling. On the positive side of things I sleep ok and am hopeful despite all of this, it just honestly feels like its never going to end because the progress I make is so minimal on a day to day basis. I realize the couple relapses may have set me back, but god damn! hah If I can do this anyone can though, and let me tell you the acute phase is nothing compared to the PAWS I have experienced. I have considered getting some blood work because I feel like something is wrong with me, but I know it is most likely due to subs because I have NEVER felt like this before. Not even when I had Mono. Despite this subs turned my life around and I still don't regret going on it, but I would have felt like a million bucks by now if I had just jumped from a short-acting agonist.

If anyone is thinking about jumping, don't stress about the acute phase if you tapered properly as it is not that bad, what you need to prepare for is the lingering PAWS. I think you just need to accept that you are going to experience some PAWS ahead of time and they may linger for a good 3 months or more. This stuff really does a number on your body/mind and it will take time to return to normal. If I wasn't so miserable on subs I would have considered staying on them, but that was not the case. It is a very personal thing and I don't want to persuade anybody either way, but for me getting off was/is the best option. Stay strong everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Your story has me inspired. Today I am skipping. Yesterday I took .4 at 8am, soo has been 27 hours for me, longest I've ever gone. And I will tolerate it!! Staying active does help!! And vitamins and motrin, although the waterery eyes kinda sucks!!!

Post subject: Re: 70 Days Off
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rmac04 wrote:
Well just checking back in to keep these updates going.. I am somewhere in the 70-72 day range of being off subs! And 32 days free of any opiate! I just noticed my last post was on my BDAY, and ironically enough I relapsed later that day, hence I have been sober for the 32 days since. I know what triggered my relapse, I won't get into that, but I can tell you it was miserable and totally not worth it.

It is a trip having been off subs over 2 months now, something I never could have imagined, and what I imagined was a hell of a lot better than this. By this point I figured things would be great and I would be 95% at least physically. Boy was I wrong about that. I don't want to scare anyone because it is not all bad, totally manageable if you have the heart of a lion, and keep your eye on the prize, but it sure is a grind. I would say my energy levels are at about 45-50% the majority of the time. 70% on a really good day once in a blue moon. I have aches in my shoulders and back off and on, and anxiety from time to time. The energy aspect is by far the worst for me, which I guess may be better than debilitating anxiety. It seems really hard to get those endorphins firing. I still feel a bit of depression and just like my brain is not right. I am hopeful somedays though so it is not all bad. I still exercise whenever I have the energy, at least a few times a week. I take a cocktail of amino acids, B complex, Vitamin C and D, Blue Klamath algae, and drink a super healthy vegan protein shake daily that also detoxes you. I sit in the sauna 5 times a week too. Basically I am doing almost everything right and still struggling. On the positive side of things I sleep ok and am hopeful despite all of this, it just honestly feels like its never going to end because the progress I make is so minimal on a day to day basis. I realize the couple relapses may have set me back, but god damn! hah If I can do this anyone can though, and let me tell you the acute phase is nothing compared to the PAWS I have experienced. I have considered getting some blood work because I feel like something is wrong with me, but I know it is most likely due to subs because I have NEVER felt like this before. Not even when I had Mono. Despite this subs turned my life around and I still don't regret going on it, but I would have felt like a million bucks by now if I had just jumped from a short-acting agonist.

If anyone is thinking about jumping, don't stress about the acute phase if you tapered properly as it is not that bad, what you need to prepare for is the lingering PAWS. I think you just need to accept that you are going to experience some PAWS ahead of time and they may linger for a good 3 months or more. This stuff really does a number on your body/mind and it will take time to return to normal. If I wasn't so miserable on subs I would have considered staying on them, but that was not the case. It is a very personal thing and I don't want to persuade anybody either way, but for me getting off was/is the best option. Stay strong everyone!

Crap, really? It would make me feel better to read this if you were a super unhealthy person and not doing everything so 100% right.

I think I'm done w/ Sub, but I already feel exhausted and I'm about 56 hours in. I got down to between 1/16 and 1/8. I kinda alternated and took 1/16 as much as I could. However, I didn't stay there long....

It really is hard to imagine that a piece of Sub the size of the head of a pin could make any difference, yet when you don't take it, you absolutely feel it and not just a little either. I'm more afraid of the PAWS than anything acute at this point. I feel like life and all the rest of the world will keep going ahead and I'll be left behind. I guess it's the same feeling you get when you're little and your mom makes you take a nap.

You stay strong too, because this will be better very soon, and if you made it this far, you can go the distance.

laddertipper

Post subject: 6 Months and Counting
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Holy crap I don't even know where to start. Its been over 6 months since I jumped off subs in what feels like about 2 years. Maybe not that long but you get the point. I am only 25 and feel like Ive aged 5 years mentally and physically. I don't want to scare people, but I also want to be honest and not sugar coat my experience. It is what it is. If somebody told me 6 months ago that I would be 6 months removed from suboxone to start the New Year I would be stoked. Don't get me wrong, I am def stoked! BUT I would have thought I would be feeling great by now, at least much better than I am. Keep in mind I set myself back by a handful of relapses over this period. 5 to be exact, of which were only 1 day lapses each time. I have had at least 30 days sobriety between each lapse and currently have 42 days since my last. You would think 42 days removed of Opiates and 6 months off subs Id be feeling pretty ok but NOPE! This is truly mind boggling to me. I get that I set myself back but holy fuck when does it end? Every time I got sober from full agonists I was feeling like a million bucks by day 10 or so. Suboxone does a number on your system whether we like to admit it or not. Some more than others but it truly is a beast of its own. The mental aspect of anxiety and whatnot has surpassed for the most part, I really have no desire for opiates, it is just the constant fatigue and lethargy that is killing me. I have pretty much been stuck on the couch all week I have been soo exhausted, which is weird because I was feeling pretty good the 2 weeks prior. I could go on and on about the experience but I think you get the point. Basically it is a roller coaster ride and you gotta take the good with the bad.

A brief summary of the timeline..

1st Month- Not that bad. The acute phase was extremely mild. I was mainly hopeful for the entire 30 days thinking Id be doing great by the 2-3 month mark

2nd Month- Pretty fucking discouraging. I literally thought I had cancer or was possibly dying. Anxiety was all over the place. I eventually got blood work done along with a chest x-ray to check the lungs and heart. Everything came back PERFECT. The Doc told me I was has healthy as a patient she has seen. Social anxiety through the roof

3rd Month- Really fucking discouraging but stayed the course. No turning back now and all I could think about is it can only get better. Well it only seemed to get worse. Social anxiety still through the roof. I was extremely suicidal at this point and considering going back on subs

4th Month- Finally started to make some progress. Still had fatigue and anxiety but noticed some improvement. Pretty much accepted by this point that this is going to be a much longer process than anticipated. Social anxiety slightly improved

5th Month- Much of the same but anxiety levels slowly improved. Able to find some peace of mind from time to time

6th Month- I did have a couple ok weeks this month up until this past week. I am still hopeful but frustrated as hell at the moment. Wanted to start off the new year with a bang and instead I am stuck on the couch when it is 70 degrees and beautiful outside with epic surf. Social anxiety is def improving, finding out that I have become pretty socially inept over the years, but the anxiety I experience is def from the sub w/d because I have noticed improvements compared to where I was 2 months ago.

Since my last relapse I have gotten involved with AA and found a sponser. I will do everything in my power to never have to go on suboxone again. I am tired of a little piece of film/opiod controlling my life. I wish it were as simple as taking a blood pressure med, but its just not the case. If I was older I might stay on it, but I am too young to throw in the towel. I have always been against the idea of AA but I feel much better during this stint of sobriety than I did preceding my other relapses. Putting in the work is hard, something I never felt I needed to do while I was on suboxone, but boy do I wish I did. I don't hate suboxone, it gave me some normalcy back to my life, and without it I don't know where I would be today. It has helped my addiction to progress in the right direction and feel I am much much closer to conquering this beast. This whole process has been very trying but will make me a better person in the end and I can't wait for the day I feel well. I will def never take it for granted. I know my post was pretty negative, but that was my honest experience, it doesn't have to be yours, but the reality is most people have experiences like mine and worse so be prepared to have it rough for 6 months after jumping, possibly more. I just advise you that if you are considering going on it, know what you are in for. If I could go back knowing what I know now, I would have done everything in my damn power to get sober through AA. I just didn't want to put in the work and chose the suboxone route. Not to say that would have worked for sure, Ill never know. If you do go on subs, get involved in your recovery and have a good support system when you come off. Thats where I went wrong and prob could have saved myself from the relapses. Even though this process has been pretty fucking miserable, I would have to say if I find long term sobriety like I think I am on my way towards, the dues I had to pay to get there(stint on subs and getting off) are well worth it to have a shot at living a normal life. I wish everyone luck in their journeys and will update this thread around the year mark. Feel free to ask questions. Ill try to answer as honest as I can

Update: I wrote this about a week ago but my internet went down and wasnt able to post it. I had a great week and have been feeling much better. Just goes to show what a roller coaster ride it is. I met a chick who had been on subs for a year and has been off for 2 or so. She said it literally took her a year to feel normal again. She said the physical aspect got better at 6 months, but the mental took longer. This shit makes you its bitch for sure!