It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I started at 32mg 3.5 years ago after rolling over to subs from an insanely high dose of methadone. This transition was more uncomfortable than coming off of subs. Anyway, I tapered down to .5mg over the 3.5 years while going to NA meetings. I was still terrified of coming off of subs.

On May 29 I took my last dose of sub and switched to poppy pods (powdered them up). I was very careful measuring out each and every dose twice a day. I mixed it with goat milk kefir and downed it to drown out the taste. There were times when I felt high, however I was fairly careful. On June 30 I tool my last pod dose and tried to detox with iboga. Huge failure. I ended up with the feeling of precipitated withdrawal in urgent care and loaded up on ativan. I stayed opiate and free and the first week was a little rough. I used Ativan sparingly and smoked some cannabis. Over the past 7 days I have only really needed benzos (now klonopin) at night. I am not doing too bad. I still struggle only at night. I am so sure though that I will make it to the other side entirely. I was on an opiate every day for 7 years prior to 13 days ago. I was scared to come off of the subs but my method has made it somewhat tolerable. Poppy pods are the only SAO that I would ever recommend switching to since they are easy to manage and only require twice a day dosing. I think this helped me a ton. My tolerance got low on the subs and never went up with the 35 days of poppy use.

I have moments where my endorphins come back on-line and it is a beautiful feeling. Also, believe it or not my mental acuity is coming back already. Libido too. I cannot believe how much the sub was numbing me. Sorry to offend anyone who plans on staying on it long-term, but for me it was numbing my emotions and true self, although it is incredible for damage control, i.e. not having to use and score dope. I got my life together on subs and do have some gratitude for it.

Coming off of sub......if I can do it anyone can. I had a 400mg a day methadone habit (was buying on street) less than 4 years ago. Now I look and feel great and attend NA regularly. Sub did help to save my life, but I am not my true self on it as I now know.

Good Luck to all trying to come off of this medication. It can be done easily with proper planning.

Post subject: Congrats
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:16 pm 

That is one impressive story to read and will give hope to many who are considering the taper and jump. One would think that .50 would've been low enough but I guess not. If and when I decide to do it I'll try to get down to .25 or lower if I can. Most of the success stories here are by those who tapered down as low as possible like you did.

Your addiction was worse than a lot of others so maybe it will inspire them to taper. What I really didn't understand was the poppy pod thing. Where and what exactly is it? I do know what poppy seeds are, but are you talking about opium poppy pods? And how did you get the Ibogaine? I thought it was illegal in the U.S.A? Unless of course you live in a country where it is legal. That drug scares the hell out of me and I'd never put it in my system. So I guess I'm saying that your way of w/ding off of Sub would be impossible here in the U.S., unless obtained illegally.

Other than that, congratulations on your fantastic progress and I hope it gets easier and easier for you as time passes.

R

Post subject: Poppy and Iboga
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is underground iboga in the us, not that big a deal really. It doesn't work for sub users so well, more so people on SAOs. I do think however it sort of jump started my central nervous system.

Yes, I am talking about opium poppies. You can order online for your crafting needs. Hehe.

I am on day 14, 2 klonopins a day and feeling pretty good except for sleep trouble. It is a miracle. I thought I was totally hopeless at one time.....really bad. A healthy diet and exercise before jumping helped. Switching to the SAO also helped shorten the duration of withdrawal. I really did my homework on this. I am no expert, however I would like to stay on this forum and help anyone who I can.

My home forum is actually eboka.info, dedicated to ibogaine. It has worked wonders for people.

I am telling you, I feel so much better off of the subs. My shyness is gone and I am sharper mentally....already. Even I am shocked.

Thank you for the reply.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BB6152009 wrote:
Also, believe it or not my mental acuity is coming back already. Libido too.

The mental acuity thing is something I've been a bit concerned about. My memory hasn't been that great on Sub. While the lithium plays a big part in this I'm certain, it's good to know that things improve for people once they get off Sub. You're not the first person to say this on here actually. So it gives me some hope that I'm not as demented as I seem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I did a similar method to you except I was still in some form of withdrawals 5 months after ibogaine. I like you too was on the suboxone and tapered to 0.5 and stepped on the kratom anf hydros (rotation). I was off sub for about 1 1.2 months while on these opiates and then did my ibogaine treatment, to be honest it didnt do nothing for me to help the length of the withdrawals, I think if I had to do it again I would be clean from sub for about 5 months, trust me that bup is sticks to your receptors hard, ibogaine wont do it or didnt do it for me. I couldnt sleep for more then 3 hours for 4 months, I was only on sub for 1 year. My advise would be to drop the benzos because that will "hold" you back granted. I would also advise to not to rush the ibogaine because if your a sub user it will not do what you expect it to in the long run so be warned about that. I actually did 2 ibogaine treatments to get off sub and all with the same results (sub lingering on for months). I do not see the big hype in this, perhaps sub is hard for the ibogaine to kick off? but 2 treatments with several RBs down the weeks didnt ease the discomfort so I do not think its my immune system but the severity of the sub lingering on in the body and mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BB615209 - Thanks for posting your experience...it's always good to hear a successful taper story!

Tobby - Welcome to the forum! Congrats on being drug free. How long in total have you been off of subs?

Post subject: ADVICE MUCH NEEDED
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Soooo, I jumped the gun a little by thinking I was out of the woods. My addict brain remembered just how much it liked benzos and I had a couple incidents and HAD to cut them off.

Add to this that I had to go back to work in a fast-paced, stressful corporate environment and I could not cope. I started using Kratom last week to get through work. The package says take 3-5 to achieve desired effects and I take 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. I usually find myself struggling to sleep well and feeling quite depressed by morning time. I went through Saturday with nothing and it was pretty bad....mostly the depression, also a little jittery and unable to sleep.

This morning I tried to take only 1 of the Kratom and it did nothing for me. I took 2 in the afternoon and it did the trick, and here I am at night looking forward to a struggle. I have Lunesta but do not want to take it because I do not like the effects and it only "puts me down" for about 4 hours. More Kratom just scares me as I have come a long way to build a tolerance back up and have a whole new dependency. Basically, if I don't take the Kratom I have major depression, which I know after my long-term opiate use is no surprise. My doctor prescribed Zoloft and if it was to take effect in ~21 days as he claims, then that would be next Monday. I do not feel that I am going to slip up and start taking more or abusing the Kratom, however I do not want another dependency. I can handle being on Zoloft and hope to one day be able to stop taking it, but the Kratom scares me. I do not want to go back on subs either, that is just my take.

Does anyone have solid advice or experience here, even recommendations? It would be much appreciated. I am being open and honest about my situation and my fears. I don't want to lose my job and I can't go to treatment without doing so since I am just a well paid contractor. Maybe the Zoloft will help. It did in the past, but I was also on subs. I eventually tapered off the Zoloft, but I remember several years back when it first kicked in it melted away my doom and gloom depression and anxiety as I lay in bed one night.

Experience, encouragement, support would be very much appreciated. I can't do this alone and NA helps me to not go over the edge and do anything crazy, however I do not feel that I can be entirely open and honest with anyone there AND get solid feedback.

Thanks.

Post subject: Thank YOU
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

BB6152009 wrote:
Quote:
I started at 32mg 3.5 years ago after rolling over to subs from an insanely high dose of methadone. This transition was more uncomfortable than coming off of subs.

Your suffering was not in vain. I'm deeply grateful to you for selflessly sharing those words which are the Medicine I'm most in need of right now: Hope for the Hopeless
Love,
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi bb1652- i can identify how you fell about all this'. the cratom and all other depress'ts/ant'y mood swings are going to give you the effects allmost the same as any other drug. i have the exp-'ts and i'm sure we all do and did.
the hardest and most pain full and long lasting w/d or side effect for me was the bi-poler med and antidepess-.
lamictal/seriquil/zyprexa/sympax/risparidone/-- lovox/cymbalta and fluexatine.
the nasty part of noing what med is making me more sick so i can try and recover the most.
i'm not sure how bad it is going to be coming off suboxone, but it just can not be any worse than all the other's.