It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Laffertyk,

Just to give you something to gauge it by, I was on 150 mg Morphine IR a day. I stopped 48-50 hours prior to my first dose of Suboxone. I think I could have cut that back to 36 hours without any problems.

Like Amy said, there are a lot of us on here pulling for ya.

Keep us posted,
Morphing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Tomorrow will be day 21 since last dose methadone. Taking two to three 5 mg vicodins a day which may as well be cookies and milk for all the help it is. I guess it's kind of keeping me in a low neutral state. Still having mild methadone WD symptoms, sneezing, chills etc....but the crippling exhaustion continues to be the worst side effect. The thing that is really helping me right now is REALLY loud rock music, the louder the better. I'm either blasting it at home or have my iPod on all the time, even at work when I can get away with it. It's giving me energy, and it's a distraction from how I feel. My appetite is still pretty poor, I have to force myself to eat...and I'm not sleeping good. Even when I'm really tired, I just can't get comfortable. My arms and legs Have this very dull, mild ache, like I need to stretch them out...so I do, but within a few moments the the feeling comes back again. And work...oh god, its 8 hours of hell, just trying to keep moving.

We had a really bad storm here three days ago, power still out all over my area. I live in an old historical town with lots of huge old trees and we had 75 mile an hr winds, trees down on power lines everywhere. I had no power for over 24 hrs...but I guess I shouldn't complain, some parts of my town are going on 4 days without. I've also decided to move back to the shore area, where I lived when I first got on methadone. I'm looking at beach front winter rentals, cheap in the off season. That gives me till May, when I'll get thrown out because then the owners can charge seasonal weekly rates...but by May I should have something else figured out. I'm just looking forward to a change of scenery and being near the ocean for a while.

Otherwise, I'm just hanging in there and hoping things will get easier.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:25 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Past few days have been better, feeling slightly more energetic. Took about 1 Vicodin each day, none yet today and it's 1 pm....trying to have lots of sex to help spike my serotonin levels, haha. It helps, at least temporarily. Still having trouble sleeping and sneezing a lot, but it's getting better every day.

I still feel wired and a little shaken, but not too bad mentally. I see my sub dr tomorrow morning, and I was wondering, do I really have to wait so long to switch to subs this time? I mean, Vicodin is nothing at the dose I am taking. I'm off on Thursday, was thinking of taking my last Vicodin early Wednesday and starting subs on Thursday. If some of the people here can go from 30 or 15 mgs of methadone and start subs the next day, then surely I could make an attempt to do the same with Vicodin. It's now 3 weeks and 2 days since my last dose methadone....I'm hoping most of it is out of my system.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:21 pm 

Hey Laffertyk,
Keep plugin aloug. I cant know what hell you have been going though but your almost there.
Imo, you ve waited loug enough to try again.
See what your dr says, but after tonight start the process of wd. Hopefully in the next day or so moderate wd will begin and small doses of bupe can be taken.
At least your off the methadone! ! We all hope your feeling better soon, maybe by the end of the week!!

Hang in there Laff...you got this as they say..

Razor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:46 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks Razor. I have my doubts, but I appreciate the support. And yes, THANK GOD or whoever that methadone is behind me. No matter what I decide, I'll never touch that drug again.

My doctor says that even though I took Vicodin yesterday, I can start the subUTEX today and it won't cause PW "because it doesn't have naloxone in it" (((( huge sigh )))) Sad that I know more than a man with a medical degree. I didn't even bother to correct him this time.

I am having mixed thoughts....haven't taken anything today, it's 12:18pm. I really don't feel all that bad, except I'm still a little wired, and still soooo physically wiped out. But I'm functioning, even at work. I just have to sit down a lot. In a lot of ways I feel GOOD - out of the numb fog I've been drifting through these past 8 yrs. I feel like me again. I love that I lost so much weight, everyone is telling me how great I look and that's awesome for my shaky ego right now. I've been talking to this guy I just started seeing that I've known for a long time ( nothing like getting off methadone to make me interested in men again )he thinks I should just taper off the pills and try being sober, that I'm really almost there. And truly, if it weren't for the physical exhaustion, I think I'd be okay. One thing about opiates, even heroin at low doses, is that they always gave me energy. I'd hear people say they were gonna take two percocets and go to bed and I'd think what a waste...I take two percocets and I'm cranked to go, even if it's just to clean my fucking house. So this doctor says that people who get energy from opiates are typically unfocused ADHD types, and that subs will help me a lot, keep me focused etc etc. I mentioned to him that I was having second thoughts, and he just blew me off...of course, he stands to get $180 a month out of me if I go on the stuff. And that's another thing - if I go on subs, and stay on it, it will cost me something like $500-600 a month, because I can't use my insurance. That's almost double what methadone cost me each month, and I thought THAT was too high. i have the money, I just hate to have to spend so much....

Also, if I do this, and it helps pull me out of the physical exhaustion symptoms, that's great - but when I get off subs, will I have to go thru this again...?? And what if the subs makes me feel worse again, maybe there is still methadone in my system, or maybe it just won't work for me, I've heard that it doesn't for some people. I guess I better try now, while I still have some Vicodin left, in case it doesn't work.

oh well, just my thoughts for the day. Have to go to work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Laffer,
Been on a sort of "vacation". lol
I thought I would check on your progress!
With you only taking a Vicodin a day, you shouldn't have any trouble switching now. But, my gosh, if that is all you are taking, I would just stop the opiates as your new BF said.

And as Razor said, you are in the clear now.
There is no reason why you can't go ahead and switch to Subs now. It should really be a "cake walk" now.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
P.S. If you go sober, and feel you can't handle it, you can always start then.
And yes, if you go on Subs and decide to stop, you will go through all of this again!!
I would honestly think about it first.

Have you heard from Bluetang60 lately?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:23 pm 

Hey Laff,

Like happy said, u will have to go through withdrawal of some sort to stop subs....that's definitely true. Only u know what is in ur heart and what is the best decision for u. Only u know if ur ready to do recovery completely on ur own without any maintenance med. If I were u (now this is only what I'd do if I were in ur shoes) and if I wasn't having any cravings or fear of relapse, I'd probably stay with what ur doing right now. The energy will return eventually. Suboxone is a wonderful blessing imo, it's helped me live again and I'm always gonna be sub supporter. But, if I'd went as long as u have, I'd do some heavy thinking and evaluation of my mental status just to make sure that u need sub or good on ur own. Either way ur gonna be great, there's really no bad choices here. You've defeated methadone, how friggin awesome is that!!!!!! Good luck :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:38 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

"defeated methadone"....damn, I never thought I'd be strong enough for that. But really, I only jumped off the methadone because I thought I'd be able to go right on to subs. Not sure I'd have been able to do it otherwise. Still, this week is better than last week, so next week will be better than this week and so on...

I've been taking Vicodin and a few percocets in varying amounts, so I can't really say if I am ready to go completely without anything. I didn't take any today, but when I got to work I could not stop yawning and my eyes were tearing, and I had the chills. So I said fuck it and took 2 Vicodin. But it looks like maybe 24-36 hrs might be long enough before starting subs. Frankly, I don't know if I'll ever be ready to be completely straight. As much of a mess drugs have made in my life, I still love them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:09 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ugh. I had a few semi good days, now it's back to feeling bad again. Working is a nightmare, just 8 hrs to drag myself thru. Tomorrow will be one month. I really can't do this anymore. I took my last 7.5 mg of Vicodin yesterday at 2 pm. Have one pill left. Going in to work at 3 pm today, think I'm going to start inducting myself tonight. At work. Yup. I know, I'm crazy. But I don't care. And I hope it gets me ripped. I need it right now.

What's really crazy is that now I feel I have to take subs to deal with this PAWS methadone bullshit. Otherwise, I think I'd just try being sober for a while, in my head I feel ok. My body is just 100 miles behind. All it tells me is to find a place to lie down.

Last time I waited 24 hrs after a Vicodin dose, I quickly started w/ early WD symptoms....goosebumps, constant yawning, eyes tearing....not sure if I also experienced that energy crash I get when I have no opiates In me because I've already been feeling that way FOR FOUR FUCKING WEEKS. If the subs doesn't fix this, then I won't stay on it. There would be no point. God I am so cranky right now..I'm so damn tired of feeling like this.

So...what's the best way to get the Subutex to work fast? Do lines, SL, or IV it? I've got clean needles...but I don't have a filter, so that's out. Probably wouldn't do that anyway....but when I tried it 3 weeks ago, 7 days after my last dose of methadone, I snorted some of it, just because I was desperate for relief. And what if there is still methadone in my system? Oh well, work should be really interesting tonight.

Last edited by Laffertyk on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I would have to say the best way to take would be with a glass of water not being a smartass i promise. in your case shooting it could be pretty dangerous, might trigger the needle again. Snorting it will just make you reminisce about snorting other things so in my opinion I would just take it w a cold glass of water. But thats just my opinion. Way to go my friend on almost making it a month methadone free.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:06 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Blue, I was really just kidding. I doubt it will get me high in any form of administration. At this point, I'd just like to feel normal. Once I get to normal, maybe I'll just start smoking weed again. I may do a lot of reminiscing and fantasizing about getting high, but it's not like I'm gonna drive into North Philly to cop....I've got too much to lose now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:22 pm 

Laff,
You ve waited loug enough imo....
Ok, the basics are, dry mouth, no water, dose in the 2 to 4 mg range to start. Spread that ed all over the inside of your mouth. Cover every place your tongue can reach and as importantly, hold this med at least 15 to 20 mins!
You can induct. Of course being in moderate wd is need too..

YOU KICKED METHADONES ASS!! Your stroug. You can do this and when you start your subs Dont Stop the process.
In the in you will either be useing again or on sub..you will feel normal as most of us do afterwards.. keep posting we are Pullin for you Laff........

Razor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just want to add my 2 cents. When I went on sub I didn't get this wonderful feeling, I just felt ok. Not sick but it took me a few weeks to stabilize. I don't want you to be disappointed if you don't feel 100% well or energized.

Your poor brain and body have been through hell this past month, so give sub a few weeks to see how you feel. At the low dose of Vic's you should have no problems switching.

You are a tough cookie! You should be very proud of yourself for what you have accomplished to date!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey laffer,
I am gonna throw my 2 cents in!
I would start with 4mgs, 2 is not gonna fill enough receptors up in my opinion. But it's just my opinion. You will need at least 8 mgs to start feeling better. But give it time to work before you make any decisions whether it is working or not and don't be afraid. You gotta kiss that getting high shit away! You are more than ready to start. Honest, it was the best thing I have done to help my situation with my addiction. We are all rooting for you.
And Blue, you are next "ole" buddy! lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:13 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

:D :D :D :D :D

As I mentioned above, I decided to do my induction at work....yeah, that's me, always walking on the edge....and by the way, I was feeling absolutely no WD symptoms from the Vicodin. Stupid, I know, but whatever.

Dragged my butt out of my usual place on my bed to get ready for work, feeling just as bad as I've been feeling these past few weeks. Pushed myself to shower, dress, do all the exhausting chores of feeding my pets and getting ready to head out the door...
Took 1 mg at 2:30p, got to work at 2:50p. Unbelievably, by 3p, I felt halfway normal. I went about my job, wondering if things would suddenly go bad and if I was going to be spending half my shift in the bathroom. Crazy enough, by 3:30, the brutal exhaustion I've been dealing with these past few weeks was almost gone. I waited till just after 4p, and took another 2mg. Within 20 minutes I was a BRAND NEW WOMAN!!!! Total of 3mgs, didn't take any more because I felt wonderful. It's now 11:45p and I feel great.

The only thing that was off was that about 45min after the 2mgs, I started to feel a little strange and broke out into a cold sweat....I thought UH OH, here we go...but I found a place to sit down and put my feet up for 15 min and the feeling passed. I sailed thru the rest of the night in a great mood, not tired at all, not one bad physical feeling. Unbelievable. What a relief.

I was trying to decide if I felt high or not, I think I did, but I'm not sure - could be I was just so happy to feel good.

Downside, my experience stopping methadone the way I did is nothing I want to repeat, and I'm afraid of having to go thru the same when I get off of this. I also hate the idea of what being on subs is going to cost me money wise....but, just to feel good again is awesome! Thanks so much to all of you and for all of your belief that I could do this. Because I didn't believe it, I just felt I had no other choice but to try. I do think and talk about getting high, and would love to be able to go back to that " live in the moment and fuck the consequences " era of my life....but I know what happens in the end. All roads lead to either losing everything or worse, winding up dead. I've worked too hard to get a career, to repair my family relationships, and I have much more to lose now. Just need to take it day by day.

By the way, my doctor told me to take 4mgs twice a day. Should I do that? Maybe I can do this on less, and that would be cheaper too. Also, if I were to get up tomorrow and take 4mgs, could that amount cause PW? Or is tonight's experience proof that I'm safe from that now? And of course I have to ask - if I take 4 mgs, is it likely to get me high? ;)

Last edited by Laffertyk on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That is awesome! You've done it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That just made my weekend and gave me the hope I having been looking for. Congrats girl! Just sent u a pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:24 pm 

Hey Ladd :)

Great news that u finally had some success with suboxone!! That's great news. During my induction, my doctor dosed me at 2mg every 30 minutes until I reached 8mg. I felt so much better. But it does take a little bit for ur body to completely adjust to the sub. And to answer ur question about the PW worry, I don't think u have anything to worry about now. As long as ur not taking any other opiates, ur good to go from now on :) U truly showed how dedicated u were and u should be very proud of urself. Hopefully ur bad days of feeling like hell is over. Good job!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:56 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks JennJenn, I know this was a big accomplishment for me, not so sure I feel proud, I really get down on myself for all the years wasted on Methadone - but I guess it served its purpose, made me stable enough to get some things in my life straightened out and all...but it also took a lot away from me. Things I'll never get back. But what can you do? Wish subs had been as popular back when I stopped using. I used it once or twice during some dry times, a friend had it, it was in a glass vial like insulin, had to inject it. I remember not feeling bad, but it wasn't much of a high.

Blue, you need to do this. As bad as it was, I think the worst part is just getting down to it. After that it's just a matter of waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Just keep your mind on all the reasons you want to get off of methadone. You have one great one!

I was up, wide awake, till about 6am...then slept 6 hrs straight, which I have not done for a while. Felt pretty decent when I woke up, took 4 mgs about a half hour ago. Not sure what my dose should be, that 3 mg held me pretty good last night. But my doc says 4 mg twice daily so going to try that. I have a slight headache. And I feel hungry, which is something I haven't felt in a while. I'm so happy with my weight loss, there's no way I'm going to let this med make me gain the weight back. Thursday I had to drag myself to Kohls to buy new underwear. At work I wear loose pants, and all night as I'm running around, my panties keep falling down. I know, I know, too much information...

Well, I'm feeling good. Really REALLY good. Today is one month exactly since my last dose methadone. I feel like calling the clinic and thanking them for screwing with me and getting this whole thing set in motion...they did me a favor, for sure.

Everyone enjoy what's left of the weekend!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Someday your post will read, methadone to subutex to suboxone to Meditation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next