It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Its definitely the forum, It has happened more than a few times where I hit submit and im redirected to the log in page and everything I wrote is gone so I have learned to copy everything after I write just incase it does happen I don't have to retype what I just wrote. All the other things you described sounds like issues I have seen at night and that is just because high traffic amd the server is busy.

Sorry to burst your bubble I don't think your an enigma:( I only think this because I thought the same about me, I thought I was different then I started my induction and had a rude awakening. Your doing good, keep doing what your doing!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:18 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Well, this is getting close to the end of day 5 and I'm getting pretty depressed. I don't have any energy at all today, everything I do is a major effort. I can't get comfortable, probably because I've been laying in bed for 5 days for the most part. I'm tired, I'm bored, I'm hot, I'm cold, I can't concentrate on TV or reading or drawing or anything. And I can't stop thinking about that 20+mgs of methadone I've got stashed away, or those 5 percocets I have in my nightstand drawer...

if someone can drop to 30 mgs of methadone and wait 24-48 hrs to induce and have no problems, why can't I stop at 60-85mgs and wait 144 hours and be just as successful? Just seems it would all work out with the timing and all. I don't get how people go into WD after 2 days and here I am at 5, almost 6, just tired and extremely cranky. Also, why would I want to go back on methadone and start all over doing a taper down to 30 at this point? Wouldn't my tolerance be down pretty far after a 5 day detox? If I had to start back on the methadone Monday, I certainly wouldn't jump back on at 85, or even 45. I could probably be comfy at 30 after all the unpleasant days going without this week. So, I could go to the clinic, get one day of 30 mg, and THEN do the induction? That seems a little silly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Totally silly. I wouldn't advise that. You've done so much of the work already. Hang in there girl.. I've replied to your Pm and will keep an eye on you.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:20 am 

I keep having login issues too! If there's one thing I've learned in this life is: Listen to tinydancer! I've never met anyone less wrong. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:29 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

1:06am on Day 6. New symptom- just sneezed 6 times in a row. That felt pretty weird. Maybe today will be the day? I need to get some sleep, I took 3 days off from work and now I need a doctors note. Getting up early to go to a clinic tomorrow. I get pinched nerves in my neck, the most horrible pain in the world that lasts for weeks. Going to fake that. It won't be hard to look miserable. If I'm lucky, I may be able to buy myself a few more days off. Maybe even an opiate script, it would be nice to have one for insurance.

I'm about 12 on the Cows scale. One physician's bupe educational site says that 12-13 is mild to moderate WD, and soon enuff to induct if it's been at least 12-24hrs for short acting opiates or 30-72 for methadone. I'm double that wait time at 2 pm today I'll be 144...but I'm still going to wait.

And you know, the more I search online, the more I find people who don't have all the really bad WD symptoms. They all have the mental misery I have...but they manage to somehow avoid the hardcore physical symptoms. I know this is not the norm....but Im not all that normal myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I second what Tinydancer said, no sense in going backwards,just stick to your original game plan. It seems to be working just fine for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:51 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 6. 142 hours. Pretty much feels like day 5. I decided to put off going to the doctor till tomorrow. I just have no energy to do anything and it's soooo hot and sunny outside. Even on my best days, too much sunshine and blue skies makes me want to slit my wrists. I'm a gray weather girl all the way.

No more sneezing. I think I've lost some weight. I have a date tonight but we know that ain't happening. Wish I had some weed. Blah blah blah.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:31 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ah, to hell with this. I'm going to try half of a 0.5 dose - guess that would be o.25mgs....and see what happens. If it starts knocking my receptors clean, then so be it. If my tolerance hasn't dropped in the past 6, almost 7 days, then oh well. Anything to move this along. Bring on the PWS. I'm ready to pay the price. It's 5:23 pm Day 6. I'm in a "go ahead, make my day kind of mood". Either I'll report back feeling better, or you all won't hear from me because I'll be in the bathroom for the next several hours. But....I'll be back....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That scares me...but good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:50 pm 

Sometimes ya gota just go for it. Go slowly and good luck.
I think you ll be ok...
We ll all be waiting..

Razor...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Since 5:23pm I've taken a total of 1 mg in 3'doses. I'm not sick. Yet. It's 10 pm. Been about 45 min since the last dose which was 0.5mgs. I don't feel great, but I feel a little better, still just very tired and have this weird buzz going behind my eyes. Well fuck, there is no turning back now. Kinda sad that I won't be able to get high anymore. I was thinking about it a lot these past 6 post - methadone days, cause once I stopped the methadone, there was the possibility of getting high again. Guess it's good that I'm not in touch with any of my old friends....but today I was thinking about one guy I used to get high with, and how easy it would be to find him...

So what was that someone said about snorting this stuff?

(Just kidding)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ha. Only if you want orange boogers and a migraine for a week. I can only imagine, haven't ever wanted to try that.

Glad you are doing well! Hoping you get some decent sleep and have some good news to report in the morning.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There really is more than one way to skin a cat...I couldn't be any happier for you, guess its my turn now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:45 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I have the subutex - that's the one that you can snort or shoot, or so I've heard.

Anyway, I slept awful, worse than I have all week. Tossing and turning, restless, couldn't lie still at all, esp my arms and legs. Finally slept for a few hours, then woke up for another hour of tossing. decided to take another .5mg and an Ativan. Slept another 3 hours. I am still pretty beat, mt lower back hurts. no desire to get up. I've taken a total of 2mgs sub in several doses..since yesterday 5:23. I think around noon I'm going to try taking another 1 mg around noon. I am probably not getting enough, that's why I feel so beat.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How come the subs arnt making laffer feel any better?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is all very normal. Suboxone isn't strong enough to automatically make one feel better, after coming off of a long acting opioid like methadone or even heroin. The only accounts I've heard (and trust) where someone instantly feels better after switching to suboxone, is when one is transitioning from pills, like vicodin or low doses of oxy. Other than that, you have to expect a bumpy transition. Like if you were getting off coke and replacing it with coffee. That's a shitty metaphor but you get what I'm saying. I wouldn't expect to start feeling whole on suboxone until a couple of weeks, even without PWs. It takes a little bit to adjust to a partial agonist after being on a full for so long.

I think what is happening currently in Lafferty's case is that the small amounts of suboxone is helping to push out the remaining bits of methadone in her system. Hence why she slept so bad last night.. but that it's not enough to fill the void of opioid that she is now feeling. I wouldn't go crazy and take a bunch because that can backfire and make you feel crappy (not like PWs at this point, but just a wire-y, headachy kind of thing) but I think it would help to try a little bit more at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So in other words whether she's switching from 30 mgs or 80mgs she still has to deal w the fact that she's replacing a long lasting opioid w a short acting one and there will be some discomfort?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Precisely! Getting down to 30 helps lessen your chance of precipitated withdrawals, doesn't equate to a seemless transition.

Edit: I just want to add that going down to 30 will definitely help the transition process but it doesn't mean it will be a perfect switch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Still feeling bad. Just logging on is too much effort right now. Achy, weak, low low LOW energy. Just getting up to do something small, like let the dog out, is exhausting. I've taken a total of bout 20 mgs since last night, highest dose 0.6mg. I don't know how I am going to get thru work tomorrow night.

Right now I'd sell my soul for some methadone, for anything to make me feel better.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

At this point, we know you're out of the woods for PWs.. I would suggest taking a larger dose, like 4mgs and see how that does. Coming from 85mg of mdone, you're going to need at least 8mgs a day. Why don't you try taking half that next time and see how you feel. You'll likely do best on somewhere between 8-16 mgs, possibly more in the beginning. What dose did the doc suggest you take?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next