It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Laffer,
Your doctor needs a refresher course lol. My son also cuts his films. Just put it back in wrapper like Jenn said and you can also put the left over film package in tin foil. FYI, the worse place to keep medicine is. In the bathroom.

What is the age difference? You can pm me if you want.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

My doctor must have slept thru the Bupe class, I swear. He's given me nothing but bad info since day one. I could sit there in his office, collect 90 bucks an hour, and do his job better than he can. All I'm paying for is that little piece of blue paper I take to the pharmacy.

Thanks for the accurate info, guys!

Tiki, I sent you a message this morning....but for some reason it's just sitting in my outbox, hasn't sent yet. It should go through to you eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:02 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Started the suboxone films today. 12 eight mg strips cost me $66....so about $130+\- a month, along w/ the 180$ to the dr. Going to be about the same as what methadone cost each month...maybe lower if my dose lowers. Subutex was cheaper, but whatever. I had thought it was going to cost a lot more since I'm not using my insurance.

Damn things take forever to dissolve, but not as unpleasant as those huge pills. My Drs instructions are to take a whole 8 mgs one day, then 4 the next, then 8, and so on. I don't like that idea, seems with me working nights, it's better to take 4 in the AM, then another 2 sometime around 7pm. I've been sleeping ok with that. I'll try what he suggests, see what happens.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:39 am 

Laffertyk wrote:
My doctor must have slept thru the Bupe class, I swear. He's given me nothing but bad info since day one. I could sit there in his office, collect 90 bucks an hour, and do his job better than he can. All I'm paying for is that little piece of blue paper I take to the pharmacy.

Thanks for the accurate info, guys!

Tiki, I sent you a message this morning....but for some reason it's just sitting in my outbox, hasn't sent yet. It should go through to you eventually.

It is "sent", but it will only leave your outbox when tiki reads it.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:53 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I gave it 2 weeks...and I don't think it's all in my mind, but I just felt better on Subutex. I hate the films, the taste of them, everything. I have been depressed for about 10 days...and I really shouldn't be feeling so bad on this stuff. And I mean REALLY depressed, like don't want to get out of bed. Huge effort to talk to people, just want to be by myself. The doctor raised my dose back up to 8 mgs and switched me to generic tabs... Which taste just as bad as the films. Still wants me to take it once a day, but when I do,, by 4 or 5 pm, I just start feeling worse and get even more miserable as the night goes on. With the Subutex, I'd take another 2mg and I'd feel better. Not so with this suboxone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:59 pm 

That is an odd one. Normally, the advice is to dose once per day so you get out of the mindset of looking forward to a reward at the end of the day. But your tolerance is high due to the methadone and your metabolism is so fast that you need to dose sooner than the normal 37 hour half life of Suboxone. And with the depression hitting you it does sound like you need more. I am no doctor but you should not be feeling depressed while taking Buprenorphine. It may not be as strong as methadone but once you have it take over your receptors completely you should feel fine. I would ask for a dose increase if I were you and see if that helps. If not, you can always go back down.

And yes, you are correct about this forum knowing more than the doctors out there. I wish it was mandatory for them to read some of this stuff once a week so we're all on the same page. We do have our resident Dr. on staff here and at least one other that pops in here and there so our information is not just patient based. Us mods are only volunteers, not experts. When we get stuck we ask the good doctor for clarification.

I hope you find relief soon.

rule

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9