It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My last dose of methadone (34mg) was on Friday morning, and I inducted suboxone the following morning, dodging PW's. I have no real opiate physical withdrawal symptoms, but I have elevated heart rate (like 110 bpm) and a huge knot of anxiety in my chest and start to shake when I take my sub (going to stabilize on 4mg, I've been taking 2mg morning 2mg night if needed). The past two days I've been taking 3mg Klonopin per day to get rid of this horrible anxiety. I am so weak minded and I really feel that if I didn't take the benzos I would have done heroin (or maybe I'm just justifying). My question is-- after about 4-5 days of taking this 3mg klonopin a day, will I be safe to just completely stop it? Do I have to slowly taker off the Klonopin? The less time I need to take it the better, benzos bring nothing but bad things! Thanks guys.

Britney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:09 pm 

Hey Britney,

4-5 days, maybe even a week or more shouldn't be a problem stopping the benzo. You still want to verify that with your doctor of course. Back in my old using days I'd go on Valium benders that lasted about a week. And I mean a bender! Taking about 20-30 of the blue 10's per day will make a person go insane. A very bad drug! But after they ran out I was fine. I've also used them to help with the w/d's of Norco's. Same thing, a week or even 10 days and quit with no problem.

Sure hope I'm right about this one. Drugs affect people differently so my experience may not be true for you. Only my 2ยข

r