It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that I have made it 5 days now methadone free. I know it doesnt seem like along time but I have been on it for about 3 years so stopping for this long is really something to me. The first thing I said to my husband this morning was I have been free for 5 days! I am really happy about starting suboxone and I hope it continues to help me and my husband. He wasnt doing as well as I was when we first started but now he said he feels alot better and does not want to go back. The only bad thing that has happened is one of our so called "friends" showed up at our house and left us 5 methadone laying on a desk in our foyer. He is probably missing the money he used to get from us but now I can spend that money on things we want and need instead of paying their car payment lol. Anyway, we took the pills and gave them back to the guys wife the next day bc they are actually hers in the 1st place. I am sure he just wanted us to take them and then call him to buy more. People are so inconsiderate but I guess he is just a fairweather friend anyways. I actually got started cleaning my house and today I am going to finsh doing all the laundry and cleaning that fell behind. I just want to say thanks to you all for everything, It helped me through the first two days and now I believe this will work for me. This forum has definitely helped me through this. I feeel so much happier and more here...I guess bc I am not in that numb, zombie state of mind anymore. It's amazing what you can do if you stick to it and put a little faith in yourself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY YOU! I'm so thrilled to hear you are doing well on suboxone. Isn't it wonderful to be free from the crazy-ass cycle of active addiction? I predict your life will just continue to get better and better. Mine did. I found the fog lifts a bit more every day/week. You'll start to see more of yourself - maybe parts of your old self and definitely some of your new self - the one that was strong enough to make it through to where you are now. That new self for me is the best person I've ever been. I actually believe I came through my addiction as a better person for it. I hope the same happens for you (and your husband).
Congrats on taking control of your life and welcome to addiction remission. Again, YAY YOU!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker- Thanks so much, I do feel different and i am damn proud of my 5 days off methadone!!! and you now what? it wont be long until a week has went by, then a month and then a year. I just keep telling myself that but I dont even really want to go back to taking methadone. I feel so much stronger, more like myself than i have in a long time. It's crazy bc I never would have thought that suboxone would have helped me this much. I feel my eyes tearing up as i type bc I am just so happy I have made it this far. My husband, brian, and I actually held a real conversation the other night for hours..the most we have spoken in a while. we just talked about what we wanted out of our life, what we wanted for the future and how to stay strong together. I really feel like our relationship has improved so so so much. Thanks for the encouragement and kind words..It really has helped me throught this

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Cutenesse,

I'm so proud of you and your hubby!!!! It is sooooo amazing to not be tied down wondering how or where we will get our next pills, isn't. Sometimes I forget how different things are now and my mind plays tricks on me making me think things were better then. Then i see post like yours and its like "Wake the fu** up jenn", remember just how bad things were.

This weekend my daughter is in a huge competition out of state and 8 months ago I would be freeking out about running out of pills while we were away, and if I didn't have enough I wouldn't even go. Wow, thanks for the reminder and thanks for sharing some of your story with us :D

Keep up the great work, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CONGRATS on 5 days free of methadone doesnt it feel great?

Ill never for get how great it felt to just make it 1 day but wow 5 days and your doing so well. Im glad to see suboxone is working for you and your husband. And even more so to see your relation ship is getting even better now that you are both free of methadone. I had the same thing happen with my gurl and i once i was free of oxy and on sub its like we were lil kids in high school again getting to know eachother all over. You def have a plus on your side you and your husband can both support eachother threw this. Alot of us had support but you have someone who is going thew the same thing you are so they can relate with you so much better and thats gonna def be so helpfull for both of you. One thing i can say you are in the clear and now just keep pushing your way threw days will be come weeks, weeks will become months and months will become years of freedom. You are doing a great job and just keep at i promise you with sub it just gets better and better.

as of the person who left those pills at your house no matter how close this person is too you both. Im telling you just cut this person loose cause anyone who would do something like that is more focused on makeing money off you being addicted to methadone then being your friend and supporting you threw this. And it seems like you already realize this which is a great thing.

congrats and keep at it
Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi I hope you are still doing well. I've been thinking a lot lately about those first few days off (for us) heroin and on suboxone. Like you, it was both myself and my now husband changing our lives together, at the same time. Also like you, I had a "friend" that wouldn't get the clue and kept trying to get us back on dope. We never relapsed, not even once (yay for us)! I know you can both stay on sub and off methadone because we've been where you are. I hope you continue to feel positive, but it's not always easy. My advice is don't be hard on yourselves or each other. Keep thinking of the future. I remember at times feeling like I was mourning something or someone. It's strange to remember that now, because things have changed so much. I was glad I had- and still have- my husband going thru it with me (I also had a good therapist too). When I was weak, he was strong for me, and vice versa.

I just wanted to tell you my experience, and Bboy is right, it's really great that you and your husband are together in everything. Again, I hope the last few days are going well, and remember it will only get better.