It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Personally, I believe methadone works well....at the proper dose. I am a "fast metabolizer" and never stabilized until I reached 270mg/day, and that took a six-month endurance test to reach. I had to submit to peak and trough tests, and even when they knew I was nowhere near an adequate dose, I had to climb slowly. Even at the end, instead of raising me more, I was put on Luvox to boost the effect. Once I got stable, though, I did fine for many years.

My problems with MMT were never due to the drug, they stemmed from idiotic government regulations that changed all the time. Had a lived in a state with a dosage cap. I would likely have died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:03 pm 
Im sorry but thats a load of crap, nobody "needs" to be on 270mgs of methadone, they just want to be so they can abuse the drug and the system. Im not trying to be a jerk but thats BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:16 pm 
My goodness i cannot imagine 270mg's of methadone!! Methadone was my DOC and i could take about 30 to 60 mg's and i was freakin wired for sound lol. I most definitely loved it but that was the problem. And the other problem was, when i ran out it was the worst hell i'd ever went through. Anyways, 270 is unreal to me but i have seen people take that much but it wasnt because they had too. They did because they wanted to be completely plastered.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:12 pm 
Yep exactly lifesaver, they take those amounts so they can abuse it and get high and any one who trys to justify it to me when I say that is just gonna get :roll: from me. There are die hard life long Heroin addicts who ive met that said they never wanted to go above 100mgs of methadone for personal reasons and they did completely fine. I dont buy into the "my metabolism is too fast" BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:40 pm 
I wanna actually be in this world and thinking straight. I just dont find that possible with 270mg's in a person's system. I've seen somebody take 240mg's before and they were layed out on the couch comatosed. Thats definitely not recovery. But to each his own. Even if i did go the methadone route, that much medication just seems pointless. If what was said is medically possible, then i take back my comments but i just dont see a person requiring that much to take away withdrawal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You folks are wrong about that. I've seen patients need up to close to 1000mg. Its uncommon, but depends on phyiology, other meds, etc. I was no more impaired than anyone else. Even after getting over 200mg/day, I'd be in withdrawal the next day. I had the second peak and trough test (they draw your blood prior to dosing to get a "trough" level, then again after 4hrs to get a "peak" value. My trough was "none detected" and my peak was lower than my trough should have been. It freaked them out! Back then, the doc had to justify any dose above 100mg, so I had to jump through endless hoops to "prove" I wasn't lying about my symptoms....even though its pretty hard to fake vital signs and other behaviors and indicators.

Hell, back in the day, you used to face the "narcan challenge" just to begin MMT. They'd make you dose with narcan to throw you into withdrawals to prove you were an addict!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:38 pm 
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It occurs to me that, in this of all forums, challenging the experience of others is counter-productive. Why would I lie about my methadone dose, and why would someone choose to say "no one needs that much"? I've seen huge pissing matches between folks who try to claim that all sub docs are greedy and prescribe too much, then throw in BS like "no one needs more than x mgs/day". It is mindless!

I've seen many "methadone doesn't work" battles, and often they come down to stuff like the patient did this, or didn't do that, then blamed the consequences on the med. In my case, had I not stuck with it long enough to get stable, I might have been one of them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:07 pm 
All i've stated is that if someone takes that much methadone, it does not seem scientifically possible not to be completely comatosed. Thats just unbelievable. Like i said, i've seen someone take 240 before and they had been taking methadone for around 7 or 8 years, yet they were still layed out basically comatosed. Couldnt hardly wake them up. And they werent mixing either. It was strictly methadone. 1000mg's? What graveyard are they in? Im not at all trying to be heartless by saying that. Only trying to break the tension. Anyways, im not looking for trouble here. I was only stating my opinion which is what this site is meant to do. Im not at all putting you down either. In my opinion, its just hard to believe a person "needs" that much methadone. That stuff is super freakin strong!! I've never done H so methadone was probably the strongest opiate i had ever taken. And i've taken pretty much all of them, except like i said, H. Anyways, no disrespect meant towards you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

As I stated earlier, it took around six months to work up to that. The doses many patients take would easily kill someone else. Its strange how different people react, and often seems illogical: I've seen big, strapping guys who had abused mass quantities for years become stable at 50mg/day, and a petite young woman who had abused vikes a couple years require 300/day. It takes whatever it takes.

I'm not a doc or physiologist, but my doc did explain the term "fast metabolizer"....it has to do with liver enzymes and the rest of the patient's physiology. I ended up having to do split-dosing to get stable. It seems common for those who don't require these amounts to understand those of us who did, but we are no more "comatose" or affected than anyone else who takes less or none at all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:02 pm 
In active addiction I could take that much methadone as well all Im saying is that in my opinion nobody needs that much in order to stabilize. If you are looking for opiate like effects than yes you might need that much but just to stabilize and get rid of cravings, nope not buying it. You dont have to explain yourself or prove your point to me, what does it matter what I think? Its just my opinion on the matter and I'm sure lots of others share the same point of view. Close to 300mgs of methadone will usualy be more potent than the persons original addiction that led them to methadone in the first place. I dont want to argue about it though so lets just agree to disagree.