It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi few years agoI switched from methadone to subutex after 48 hrs last dose 20ml. I didn't like the wait (anxiety was high). I prupose to switch from 10 ml after just 24 hrs. Whats the difference if the the subutex dose is the same initially? Surely the methadone blood levels will be similar in both cases? Or is there something else I should know about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:40 pm 

Granted, I have never switched from methadone to suboxone, nor have I ever been on methadone, but I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly you are asking.

Please excuse my ignorance! Lol! It's possible that others are having a hard time understanding your question too, so maybe you could rephrase it?

Thanks,

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone,I think I get his point,
the one who took 10ml would start switching to Sub by 5ml Meth after 24 hours, the other would reach twice the half life time after 48hours,so according to the figures it is pretty much the same starting point ,yet it's still not the same thing considering the long-term-habituation. So the crucial question is : for how long have you been taking those 20ml and for how long those 10ml?

according to the half-life time:
Meth= 15 - 36 hours
let's say 24h is the average ...
so there would be 5ml Methadone after 24h left inside your organism ,2,5ml after 48 hours and finally 1,25 ml after 72 hours. 5ml is quite a solid quantity still,you'll probably feel first withdrawal-symptoms (according to your 10ml level) after 30-40 hours.
i think that 1,75ml is a very low level to someone who is set on 10ml,
you'll surely have withdraval symptoms by then....which is the most important thing to me...
those withdrawal symptoms are the only thing you can/should rely on,I wouldn't trust any figures in that case.

I switched from 6ml after 24h, it worked out well.But I wouldn't advise anyone to do the same ,it can easily go wrong for some people do methabolize faster than others. Just try to listen to your body and start with 2mg Sub at most.
+ this is not a medically clear advice,I'm just speaking on the basis of my own experience.

Hope you'll make it right.
best wishes !
Len