It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Messed up
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I understand that this is a recovery forum but one of my last posts was met with some unwarranted responses. So with this question I ask for actuall experience not your beliefs on my actions. I began b taking subs about 3 days ago and I agree it is a miracle drug, but I did mess up and used my doc. I felt little off of this use and was basically a waste of money. My question is if I get back on subs soon will it kick me into pw even though I have some level of bupe already built up? In sence it would be like a sandwich effect of bupe, heroin, and bupe. Has anyone tried this and how did it affect your body?

Post subject: Re: Messed up
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:45 am 

I'm probably not the person you want to hear from, and I was never on heroin, nor have I done the "sub sandwich" that you've got going on, but I will give you educated answers from what I've learned here after 5 years of being here.

The first thing is that you're lucky that you didn't really feel the H. That means that your opiate receptors are pretty well covered with the buprenorphine. And that means that the H is not sticking around very much. If you can wait 24 hours to dose on the sub again, that would be better than taking it right away. If the heroin had any long acting opiate like fentanyl in it, that could stick around for a while and then there is a greater likelihood of PWs. Still it doesn't mean you would definitely have PWs.

Waiting at least 24 hours and starting back on suboxone in small doses, like 2mg or 4 mg, would be the best way to avoid PWs. That is my best answer for you and I hope it helps.

One more thing about the wasted money you spent on your doc. It not only helped you to know that the suboxone is probably blocking most to all of the heroin, but it also shows you the futility of trying to get messed up while you're taking suboxone. You are definitely not the first one to test it out, although it happened quicker than usual in your case. But it's important to know psychologically that suboxone works to block other opiates.

Good luck and I hope this information helps you to avoid getting PWs.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You are right amy I did not want to hear from you. As I look at other posts and discussions, it seems like you have put your "2 cents" in on just about all of them. I'm sorry suboxone is your life and as I picture you counting down the time until your next dose I can't help but feel sorry. As you stated in your last response you have never tried my doc nor have you been through what my question had to do with but yet you wrote a lengthy response, why is this? I am respectfully asking for you to refrain from commenting on anything I decide to post. You are not the sub god

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

"You are not the sub God."

Hey Tray,

I suggest you hang around until you begin to see things differently. Next to the doctors who check in periodically, you couldn't find anyone more knowledgeable. on the subject of addiction and subs. You obviously don't realize it, but Amy put your needs ahead of her own by answering your question. She knew you might attack her, but she went ahead and did her best anyway. Strip away all your active addict feelings and thoughts and just read her answer again.. You'll perhaps realize she's just given you all the information you need to move forward.

Wishing you the best.

Godfrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:46 am 

Hi Tray2316, Hope you are well this morning and that, while your response to Amy's help was so negative, you were able to hear what she was saying to you. Like myself, Amy is a moderator here. There are five of us and it really is our job to put our "2 cents" in. Especially when someone, such as yourself, posts something that is life threatening. It sounds as if you have made the decision to get back on suboxone and let it do it's job and I applaud you for that! Going forward, I would ask that you keep an open mind to all that respond. Amy is a weath of information, and as with all moderators here, is trying to give you the best feedback possible. My suspicion is that you may have viewed her response as a judgement. Knowing Amy the way that I do, I can tell you it was not. Please keep us informed as to how you are doing! Have a wonderful day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:03 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I agree with Michelle. Amy answered your question. Read her post again. Better yet, get through that first 8-10 days of half-sick while you transition from heroin to subs. It WILL get better. You WILL feel more stable and less angry. Then, slowly, deal with all your questions you have for the forum here. They will be here to help you, and you will be thankful.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:12 am 

As Godfrey has already stated Amy has answered your question s and they are correct. It sounds to me
your stuggling a bit but this is no reason to bash someone who actually does care how your doing.

As far as counting down the mins till dosing, ANY opiate addict should be GRATEFUL that Buprenorphine even exist s in the first place. This shit will save your life if your ready for it. Dont feel sorry for us man. No way. The years spent off our drug of choise ,opiates, ANY opiate, has given us all new life.

The education we have found here is the real deal. I hope you decide to look deeper into this forum and Talkzone but please if someone like say a mod with years of experience like ..AMY takes the time to help you i would think you could see it.

Heres an idea, we have a Search box . Use this function either in the forum or the Talkzone.

Good luck to you Tray, we are only here to help man...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 am 

Aren't all of us suboxone gods lol? I think we are, if all these ppl took time to answer ur questions then why not be thankful.

And Amy may not have ever had any experience with Heroin, but gave u very valuable information about if it's been cut with fentanyl. U should definitely take heed with that warning.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Look, we don't know you. How could we possibly pass judgement on you??? Amy and all of the others were trying to keep you from a world of hurt you could have endured by taking heroin. Think of this senerio-if everyone responded to your previous post "sure, go ahead and do the dope that you found" - then you did it, felt nothing so you went and purchased a lot more-you could have gotten arrested or you most likely would have overdosed from your RELAPSE. That's what everyone was wanting you to avoid. Do you think that if you would have felt the effects that would have been your last time to shoot up?? Not likely -because the time you shot up before that was your last time, right??? See where I'm going?? The responses didn't come from a bad place-they came from a place of trying to keep you sober-tough, motherly love, if you will. Now, don't beat yourself up for your slip, it happens. What else besides Suboxone are you doing for your recovery?? This is hard work my dear, something you have to fight for EVERY DAY. And it isn't easy. But let me tell you-you are absolutely worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:17 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Trey

Tell us where you're at. Respond. It can only help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:05 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Just get back on your subs and continue posting.
Once you're on a dose that works for you you won't get sick. I forget I even have to take mine sometimes. I don't get sick, but my eyes start to water and I sniffle after about 12 hours without a dose. I definitely don't count down the minutes to my next dose.
I'm down to 1/4 strip every 12 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:25 pm 

Hi Sister, I have a feeling that Tray is not coming back. I wish he would so that we would know how he is doing! I do have a question for you...you said that you take 1/4 of a strip evey 12 hours. Is that an 8mgs strip? I take a 2mg strip in the am and a 2mg strip in the pm. If you are doing less, can you tell me how you got there? Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:50 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Michelle F. wrote:
Hi Sister, I have a feeling that Tray is not coming back. I wish he would so that we would know how he is doing! I do have a question for you...you said that you take 1/4 of a strip evey 12 hours. Is that an 8mgs strip? I take a 2mg strip in the am and a 2mg strip in the pm. If you are doing less, can you tell me how you got there? Thank you

i started on subs in september. script was for 2 8/2 strips a day, so 16mg
the only time i ever took a whole strip was when i was in the hospital, they wouldn't let me cut them, said i had to take exactly as the script said.
after i got out of the hospital in oct. i was taking 1/2 strip 3 times a day. my therapist thought i should only take them twice a day. so i just cut out the middle dose. i was at one point taking little pieces all day and she felt that was too close to my addictive behavior.
then i went down to 1/3 strip twice a day approx 5mg
i tried to go to 1/2 strip a day, but was getting sick.
i'm pretty happy with the 2 1/4 strips. that is 4mg a day. i might try 1/4 a day soon.
i hope that helps!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:58 pm 

Hey SisterMorphine,

You're right, I'm beginning to really like your user name. It is my nature to avoid all opiates so that was the reason for my first post to you. Yes, it has artistic leanings.

It's doubtful Tray will return. If you click on his profile (bottom left of his user name), you'll see he hasn't logged in for almost a week. Like Jenn, I too would like to know how he's doing. My guess is he didn't like our forward talking members/mods and decided to go where people who hate Suboxone go.

My suggestion to you is this. Why don't you ask your doctor for the 2 mg films instead of the 8's? You'll find them much easier to cut and taper if that is what your plan is. Plus, they don't taste as strong either. They also melt very fast that sometimes I put it between my lip and gums to take it longer to be absorbed. A little more bioavailability so to say.

Thanks for being so active on the forum. Your responses are good and most all like your input. It lets us mods take a breath and not feel like we have to post on every topic. Luckily, we have several active members like you posting most everyday. Thank you to all. You know who you are.

r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:21 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

aw, thank you rule62, for all the kind words!
i didn't know they made 2mg strips. i'll check it out!
i've always had an obsession for all things opiate related. i think i donned the Sister Morphine handle during my 5 year sober stint. i'm an artist, it fits me well :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sister, heh, Rule is further along than I am. I still sorta cringe so I mentally shorten it to Sister.
I also notice Obsidian's avatar, the bubbling liquor in the red martini glass. And alcohol wasn't/isn't an issue!
I'll need to toughen up! Best, P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:50 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Pelican wrote:
Sister, heh, Rule is further along than I am. I still sorta cringe so I mentally shorten it to Sister.
I also notice Obsidian's avatar, the bubbling liquor in the red martini glass. And alcohol wasn't/isn't an issue!
I'll need to toughen up! Best, P

yikes! i didn't wish to make anyone cringe at my name. "M" is fine. that's what i answer to at work (my boss of 10 years can't spell my name!)
as far as morphine the drug goes, i never cared for it. roxys were my main doc, so say Roxy Queen, now that would make ME cringe!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:17 pm 

Hi Sister, So, we are taking the same amount...2mgs twice a day. Yes, thank e 2mgs strips would be so much easier for you! I'm surprised that your dr has not recommended that! I want to go lower but have just been concerned about the cutting of a strip. I need to get past that! I wish they would make a taper kit! Have a great day!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I'm not sure if being on Suboxone for almost 8 years makes me a Sub's God But I know this....
I thank God for Suboxone and for All aspects of my Recovery !
Trey I'm not sure if your still out there But I hope you are. There is a wealth of info out here and somewhere out here is someone that has gone through what you are going through and will be happy to share their experience with you.... 99.9 % of the people out here just want to help out so give them a chance.... As far as the Moderators go ( And I used to be One ) ... They are out here trying to keep this place SAFE and informative for All and they do it out of the Kindness of their heart .... So Lighten up a little. If you don't like the Suggestion's ( and that's all they are ) that someone has given you then just ignore the Suggestion. Don't attack the person giving it...
Give Recovery a chance I think you'll find its an Awesome way to live !!!
Good Luck...
~T

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:02 pm 

I just checked Tray's profile which says that he hasn't signed in since the last time he posted.

About once a year there is a poster who signs on here to specifically bash me. I'm often the first mod who answers questionable posts that are either hostile or seem to be using the forum for answers that aren't really appropriate here. Here's a great example:

coming-off-suboxone-without-withdrawl-t12223-20.html

I do sometimes answer questions with an edge in my tone. When I do that, it's sometimes because I'm not having a great day and I try to make amends in another post. The thing that bothers me the most, though, is when a new member comes here just to bash our medication, our forum, or people that I consider underdogs, like pregnant opiate addicts:

pregnancy-and-suboxone-t12281.html

In the post I react to, the poster is basically saying that pregnant addicts should jump off their medication while pregnant despite what doctors say. I told him that he was adding to the stigma that opiate addicts face from an outdated "moral model" that explained addiction back in Victorian times. The last sentence I wrote on my post wasn't all that nice. I thought that the poster should consider the idea that they are not blameless in this life either after bashing pregnant opiate addicts.

So yes. Sometimes I say something that is not strictly "nice". With Tray, however, I knew that I was the only mod awake so late, so I put aside the things he had said to me prior to this thread and I gave him the best I had to give. Well, he still insulted me. So if I sometimes respond with less sugar and spice and everything nice, it's because A. I'm sticking up for the underdog. B. I'm being protective of the forum. C. I can often tell where a new member is headed because I've been here long enough to know.

On the other hand, I try to go above and beyond to help people here who are asking for help, and I've even turned posters around who came here hostile and I've helped turn them into productive members with kindness and understanding. I also apologize if I've crossed a line. I don't mind doing that because I never think of myself as perfect. In fact, I'm fully aware that I am imperfect. Dealing with each new poster is a learning experience and I want to learn.

Dr. Junig is always available via PM if you truly feel that you need to escalate a complaint. Or you can contact another mod.

Thank you for those here who acknowledge that despite being imperfect, I do try to help.

Amy