It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Messed up
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
Thank you for those here who acknowledge that despite being imperfect, I do try to help.

You do amazing work here, Amy. All the mods do. Thanks to all of you.

it interests me, from a human communication standpoint, how much little lines and squiggles on a computer screen sent by (presumably) a human being using an alias, can affect us emotionally. in other words it's all in the abstract, and yet we react as if the person were more or less right there. We feel all the human feelings, warmth, annoyance, pride, mpatience, even anger. It's not real in a sense.

When I get annoyed I remind myself of all that. And no, it doesn't help. :D
And of course that's the way it has to be. It's the only way it can work, our acceptance
that it is in fact real.

I think I'm starting to scare myself :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:06 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Pretty suprised to see so many ganging up on this person.

Last edited by mikib on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just feet that Tray2316 is being raked over coals that are all ready burning him and cant see the positive in it.
There you go now i will sleep better unless the dose drop hops me 32mg, 24mg now 16mg.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:30 am 

Hi mikib, Not sure what you mean? Could you be a little more specific? Godfrey, I do think I understand what you are saying. It does amaze me too! First, in a positive way, the connection I feel to so many here without having ever met and/or really knowing so little about them. Second, how hurt and upset I can feel when someone responds in a negative way to feedback. Have a great Saturday all!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Michelle, exactly. We can get so upset, even embarrassed at times, when someone says something cutting. But he doesn't know us.He doesn't know who we are. We're utterly absent, just a name on the page. And it's not even our name in most cases. Or a name at all really in many cases. . The glue that holds the whole thing together is how strongly we identify with that name on the screen, which is really when you think about it, reducible to nothing but lines and squiggles.

I dunno, it interests me for some weird reason. 8) No great insight that's for sure. I can be a strange dude. But I use that line of thought when I find myself getting upset.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:52 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Michelle I was just having a momment of feeling for Trays anger/ frustration, its unfortunate and a shame that he/she wasnt able to take the relevant info and leave it at that but i guess being in the middle of mucking up yet again makes us all scared confused angry people selfish in our pain.
I suspect what might have set him off was the reference to fentanyl.
For future reference Fentanyl is a quick acting opiate with a short duration and is a salt when used as a cut in heroin compared to the slow release Fentanyl Patch.
It is no doubt one of the most dangerous substance around to day and some of the analogues are many times stonger one called carfentanyl is 10,000 times stronger than morphine and that is not a typo. I recently overdosed for the first time after smoking an amount of butyrylfentanyl i didnt think would get me high and luckily survived to then start suboxone.
Suboxone has helped me hugely and this forum has helped fine tune my dose and expectations so thankyou particularly the Mods.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:38 am 

Good morning mikib, Thank you for clearing that up! I do think that the responses came out of fear for Tray! We know how dangerous it can be to hop on and off sub looking for a "high!"
Godfrey, I am with you! It fascinates me too! And yet, I love it! Feeling so connected to so many here, from all over the world! It really affirms my belief that we are all brothers and sisters and have it in us naturally to want to do good and help. After 9/11, I worked at the Family Assistance Center to help those who were grieving. We accompanied family members over to ground zero so that they could have some type of closure. It was so difficult and rewarding at the same time. There were people from all over the world there to help! There was a feeling in the air of unity...survival! It was one of the most valuable experiences in my life! Have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:08 am 

mikib,

Don't be feeling too bad for Tray. He was one of those who is starting to hit bottom and lashed out at everyone who supports Suboxone therapy. He hasn't even checked in for 10 days. Typical behavior for addicts who don't like hearing the truth. There are dozen of old posts from addicts who just make waves and never return. You could call them trolls but we still give everyone a chance to learn.

We will not sugarcoat any posts just to make a hostile member feel better. It is more like NA where the group will not take any bull from the new addict arrivals because we all know how the addict thinks. So don't even waste your time reading this thread any longer. It should just die off and end up in the archives. Unless of course he decides to come back. Then it will still be here if he looks for it. I am surprised this post has lasted this long w/o the original poster responding back.

Let it die out. (the topic, not him!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:56 am 

Michelle that's so incredible that u were there for the victims of 9/11 like that! Ur very awesome and I hope u know that :)

Right on Rule, I couldn't agree more with u!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I can say with some... Er... Lengthy experience under my belt that, first it will work and you should be okay. As long as you don't continue attempting the "sandwich". It will eventually send you into precipitated withdraw... I can absolutely guarantee this. I am a 20 year opiate addict with 3 years clean from "h" (not sure if giving actual names is acceptable) and 7 years on suboxone. I did the same thing at first, used my sub's to maintain when I was without... Until I was sicker doing that than I was without dope. Pretty messed up, huh? Then, one day, I just stopped getting it (the dope, that is). Because I didn't HAVE to. I might always want to, even if for just a moment, but I no longer HAVE to just to be human. And, that, my friend, is the gift of suboxone. Being in chronic pain gives me an excuse to use at any time... But I don't HAVE to, because suboxone does make pain tolerable (it doesn't negate, but that's okay). It also helps me manage my depression without further medication and I never believed that would be possible. So, in essence 17 years of punishing my body with drugs to treat everything from pain to depression to my own demons has been has been solved with one medication for the last 3.... Granted it took me 4 years to get fully on board, but some of us take longer to learn than others. I sincerely hope that reading my experience will help you move towards the switch faster than I did. Oh, and don't let the fear of the eventual taper stop you either... There are doctors that understand especially concerning long-term addicts the changes that the brain undergoes. My doctor understands that I may not taper for a very long time if I ever do, but keeping me stable, well, and a functioning human being is more important than protocol. Good luck to you, friend. I wish you health, wellness, peace of mind, and your sobriety.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 pm 

A very hearty Welcome to you, MarieG1979,

That was a very insightful & compassionate post you wrote. Each of us has a different experience with Suboxone so we try to make it a habit not to criticize any one persons addiction & or treatment options. It may take you 20 years to make a decision to slowly taper off and stop the medication, or not at all.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you stick around and participate in our learning process of life.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If I've learned anything in 17 yrs of addiction its this
Just because you aren't using it doesn't mean you are sober. Its what I call white knuckling. Sobriety is so much more than not using drugs. I still have days where my mind is in addict mode and I don't use. I'm worrying he is there. Idk the guy but my heart is breaking for him. Not sure he's ready yet...again Idk him and could be so wrong. I just joined yesterday for Pete's sake! I hope I am but dang its too familiar

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OOPS SORRY IDK WHY IT POSTED TWICE

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:40 pm 

Its fine Tryn, i deleted the extra one..

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

godfrey wrote:
"You are not the sub God."

Hey Tray,

I suggest you hang around until you begin to see things differently. Next to the doctors who check in periodically, you couldn't find anyone more knowledgeable. on the subject of addiction and subs. You obviously don't realize it, but Amy put your needs ahead of her own by answering your question. She knew you might attack her, but she went ahead and did her best anyway. Strip away all your active addict feelings and thoughts and just read her answer again.. You'll perhaps realize she's just given you all the information you need to move forward.

Wishing you the best.

Godfrey

The answer lies here. Trey's email got this notification that Godfrey had replied. Until Trey visits again, he will not receive anymore emails saying someone has replied to his post. So all the other posts that have been made, Trey has not seen, nor will he see. He's only seen the one post since he posted, and that was Amy's...plus his reply to her. He hasn't been here since -- Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:37 am -- ...
So, in 4 months he's not seen anything anyone has said...
While there's some good commentary, it's likely not gonna help this guy any, because he isn't coming back most likely until he fights with his own demons.

Nearly 2 pages of posts, but only the first 4 count...those are the only ones he has a clue exist.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:20 am 

I think the last few posts were directed at MarieG who posted a little of her story on Treys thread. The other posts were responses to Trey. He may not have returned but others had something to say. At the time, how would anyone have known Trey wasn't going to come bk and read his responses? Maybe someday he will.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ideally, it would be great. Many people have an agenda, and this site doesn't fit that agenda.

I learned long ago, people who contribute the most and stick around long-term are the ones who read for a while, then join and offer their story...and they ask questions.

When I first joined, I had a viewpoint on Suboxone, but it was totally different. I didn't come here knowing everything I needed to know...I was willing to learn. And I still am willing to learn. I believe that is a key part of the entire puzzle.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.