It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:51 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Im from biloxi ms, just got to memphis yesterday and dont have any subs. I dont know anyone around here to ask for help, and wont have enough money for dr until wed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't know what to tell you. Anyone taking buprenorphine products has to do all the right things-- including having a plan to get prescriptions filled. I'm always frustrated when a patient calls at 4:30 on Friday afternoon, saying he ran out of medication that day. Every person taking the medication should hear the warning bells going off when down to the last week of medication, without a plan for refills. In that case, a person can stretch out what's left, or maybe even work out a plan to taper off.

But if you have run out completely, I don't have a solution.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:37 pm 

There's not a lot of choices u have in this situation. If I were u I'd search for sub doctors in ur area. When u find any, get the phone number and call all the one's that u can find and see how quickly they can make u an appointment. It's possible that u will get very lucky and find one with an opening fairly quick, but it's also very possible you'll have to get on a waiting list too. I know that's not very much help to ya. Why weren't u preparing for this move to Memphis? Was this move unplanned? Can u travel bk to ur old Dr at least one more time until u find another one close by? When I go to my appointment, afterwards I go to my calendar and mark the next appointment down. If it's near a holiday or something like that, I make sure to prepare for it so that I don't run out before I can get bk to the Dr. It's a huge fear of mine to make a mistake like that so I'm probably overly cautious about it.

I hope u can find u a new Dr and u don't have to suffer. Don't give up, even if u have to wait it out for just a few, don't give up! Good luck!