It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone this is my first time posting and let me say first this site is amazing. A quick background - Im 23 and I was on oxycontins for about 2.5 years andhave been on suboxones for about 3 years, mainly at 3 mg a day. I recently got it down to 2 mg for awhile and now im at about 1.5 mg a day and im hopping off tomorrow. I was just wondering if theres any other meds that might help me with the first couple of weeks, a doctor prescribed me ambien and clonidine but the first time i jumped off i thought i was prescribed some type of benzodiazapan as well. Im so nervous about tomorrow but in my heart i know that I am ready this time, thanks for letting me share and thank god for this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:25 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ambien and clonodine helped me alot, but I jumped at a much lower dose.. I jumped at .25mg. I had Klonopin, but felt like it made me feel worse especially in the mornings I was to foggy. I did take lots of ibuprofin and I took nyquil when I had flu like symptoms from the wd.

Good Luck!!!

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for the response, how long have you been off now and how do you feel? im in to day 2 now and i know the worst is still ahead but the clonidine definitley helps alot

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Maryland- Google the "Thomas recipe", Its the way I went without the valium. The most important thing though is attitude. You really have to want it more than anything you have ever done. I woke up one morning and looked at the piece of pill and just thought- this is whats keeping me from the life I want, and got pissed off. You can do it!

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks rock blaster, this is day 3, im going to a na metting at 8 and then I will be able to come home and take my ambien and try to get some sleep, im just looking at it like im already halfway through the first week, in a week and a half and i should be close to getting through the acute withdraw, by the way i jumped from 1.5 mg and i was at 2 mg for like 2 years, i just want to get to the point where the depression is lightening up, thanks for the encouragement!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Xanax, valium klonopin , ambien, of course all of the benzos are going to work the best buts that's because they are psychoactive drugs in the their own right. And if you do go that route don't take them too long, a benzo habit is pretty awful and long lasting in it's own right.

I take a half a Tylenol PM when I cant sleep. I also have .5mg risperdal which work very well to help me fall alseep, even If I only take a half or quarter. I also have trazadone and elavil but they affect me so strongly and with a bad morning hangover that I only ever take a tiny chip of them. Otherwise I find advil and alleve are not bad at helping with body aches.

Most importantly be active. If you're not working and just go from the computer, to watching cable, to reading and then back the computer and don't actually do anything you wont be tired at night. Exercise and activity help so much. Walking, bike ride, calisthetics, anything is better than nothing.

Also avoid caffeine. If I drink Coca Cola with dinner I find it harder to sleep than if I had coffee. So many drinks have caffeine like iced tea that you don't even realize your taking it in. The last thing we all need is something to stimulate our nervous systems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:05 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My last dose was April 15th, and I feel great.. it took a little while but it wasent unbearable............

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

April 15th! your coming up on 2 months! I am very proud of you..im on day 5 and i know im almost through my first week! Almost being 2 months sub free do you have any lingering symptoms or are you back to normal for the most part?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

even though its only about 7 weeks it seems so long ago that I was taking subs. I have some low energy days but I think everyone has that, I would say I am feeling about normal lately.

Good going with 5 days, those are the toughest ones to get thru.... .. also because I tapered I felt like I was in perpetual withdrawal lol I was tired of being tired.. but after a couple weeks I started to feel good again. Hang in there if I can do it anyone can do it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I also want to agree with slow taper about being active, working out was the only thing that gave me guaranteed relief from wd's, even a simple walk will make a difference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Day 5!!

Good for you Maryland!!

I know it's tough, but you can do this!!