It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My medication plan..
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok i am going to start this by saying i overthink EVERYTHING, lol. I am feeling much better since starting sub, however i do have alot of excess energy now. This has me a little worried. I know that i will become used to the effects after a week or two, im just afraid im taking my sub incorrectly after having read about the "ceiling". So here is what i was taking.I was taking between 30 and 80mg of lortab or norco per day for almost 5 years. My medication plan from dr says: 1. Suboxone 8/2mg Start with 1/2 strip in the office. You may increase by 1/2 strip every 5-6hrs today. Do not take more than 2 strips per day. 2. No alcohol, other drugs. Come back in 2 weeks. So i took 1/2 yesterday and it made me feel very loopy , almost high feeling. so for my 2nd dose i took 1/4 and just felt really energetic and good rest of day. So today i just took 1/4 this morning, feeling pretty good but really energetic again. I guess my question is am i feeling the drug because im not taking enough? the whole ceiling thing? Should i be taking it every 5-6hrs like dr said? Alot of my reading has said its better to just take 1 dose per day. She wasnt very informative and im afraid to screw this up and start acting like an addict with the sub. Oh yeah, i do not have issues with pain so that shouldnt factor into dosing.

Post subject: p.s.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know i already mentioned this but my energy level is almost bordering on manic. Kinda scares me. I dont know if taking my next dose will calm me down or make it worse. Any ideas??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

IF I were you.....and this is JUST ME...I would stop at the one dose in the morning. If one half of a strip (4mg), has you out of withdrawals, and is taking all of your cravings away, then I would leave it at that. I would take 4mg in the morning and not take another dose until the next morning.

I have noticed that after I take my sub, I get a little boost of energy. It usually lasts for about 3 hours. IT is definitely not bordering on manic, but it is a noticable increase in energy. I try to keep myself busy with things to do during those times. For example, if I know that I have to do things like vaccuming, sweeping, mopping, etc...I save those things for when I know I am going to be dosing. That way I don't have a bundle of energy and then just sit there.

This was more intense for me in the beginning of my treatment, and has definitely gone down a few notches since then. But it's been a few months. So, maybe you will get some other feedback, but from what I've read on the forum from other members, it seems like you are one of the lucky ones who is good to go after a morning dose of 4mg. That is a good thing. Especially if you decide that you want to taper later on down the road.

As long as you don't take more than your prescribed dose, I think you will be fine. I also think that it is best to get into the habit of once a day dosing for reasons having to do wit our behavior. For years I was used to thinking that I could dose multiple times throughout the day on my drug of choice. If my buzz was wearing off, I"d pop a few more pills. It takes a little while to get out of that frame of mind....you know....the pill=reward thinking. This just is not true with suboxone. All you will end up doing is running out of subs early.

By dosing once per day, you are already heading off this thought process. Does that make sense? Dose once, and forget about it.

I hope this helped! Have a great weekend!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Discussion is really good.