It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Medical Marijuana Card
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:23 pm 

Just some information coming out of Nevada concerning those who apply for MM card. If you do and also have a concealed carry permit you will lose the CCW permit. To get it back you need to not have the card for at least a year says our Metropolitan Police Dept.

IMO, there is no such thing as medical marijuana. The only medical need I can see is for those going through chemo and lost their appetite. So even then that would be a temporary use card. Some claim it helps with glaucoma but I haven't done any research to back it up so I don't know if there is a medical need there.

What concerned me was the statement by Metro addressing the HIPPA laws and privacy. They said that when you apply for a CCW, you give up your rights concerning privacy. So does that also affect Suboxone? I don't think so. The reason being is a question asked on the application for the concealed carry permit. It asks if you are taking any illegal substances. Marijuana may be legal in Colorado along with other states following their actions but it is still a schedule 1 narcotic with the federal government. If you answer the question truthfully then you won't get the permit.

Just some food for thought. Me being an old pot head up until my early 20's I can say that almost every person getting a MM card just wants to get high. They are pot heads and do it with a wink and a nod. I smell it on people in the stores and am tired of seeing so many stoned people walking around. I surely hope it doesn't become legal, we have enough problems with alcohol already. In Co., ever since they decriminalized it, the DWI rate has risen over 30%. That scares me when I drive there not knowing how many other drivers are stoned.

Oh, and the reason I quit smoking pot back then? It got too strong and made me paranoid. It did not make me feel good anymore so I just stuck with booze. Look how strong it is now. Wow, do you really want people smoking dope all the time?

Just my 2ยข worth. Personally, I hate the substance.

rule

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm 

I can not speak on the gun issue, but you took the words and reason s why I stop weed back in the late 90s right out of my mouth and mind.

What I wouldn't have given for a seedy ole bag of Mexican. That light high.

The stuff just started to bomb me, i could nt find a time when or where i coukd use it and feel well.lol
The last straw was a sunday evening on the boat at the lake. You da tought at least there it would be ok. Nope to dope!!
That was 19 years ago.. :shock:

No my only reservation today is a cold beer. Its still just a reservation but im careful not to be tempted. . :evil:

My 2 cents Rule. ..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:27 pm 

Me too! From 16 to 20 I smoked weed every single day, several times a day. I'd smoke before school started and even during sometimes. Then out of nowhere it started making me very paranoid. I'd think everyone was staring at me, I thought my heart was racing....not good. I stopped immediately and never did it again. I do agree that ppl who need it for cancer in extreme cases but that's it. It amazes me how it's ok for ppl to go get a medical marijuana card and it's ok but ppl on suboxone are evil. I hear way more negative stuff about suboxone than medical marijuana. I know it's not the same thing but that's just my thoughts on it. I don't think it's safe to be driving around after smoking weed...just my opinion.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:12 pm 

Oh I did some of my best,safest driving high on weed...uno, I was only going 20 miles per hour... :lol: ..in a VW Bug..

Let me touch on one thing you said Jen.. As I tell my bupe groupers, outside the world of sub recovery, generally, people think WE are NOT in any kind of recovery.
The average American believe s either we are just taking more drugs or that Suboxone is just like all other drugs out there.
You can read it time and time again in comments made on FB when a drug/opiate article pops up.
We are in this togather I say, We have to stick togather because joe an jane public hate it. Mades me sad. The forced meetings at clinic hurt so many of the newbies. The docs say its geting "better" and more accepted in recovery rooms. It is my opinion from what ive seen the last 2 years that ,at least in this town of mine, that there digging in there heals harder, not the other way around. Maybe im wroug, but I just hear it and see it . I wish our treatment was just accepted, that the world saw this as many do, a relapsing, deadly brain disease. :(

Sorry for the vent/rant guys..bored today.......raz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL, some of the best mods are old pot heads. You guys have been there and done it, haven't ya. Yes, I too was one to puff puff give back in the day... Got too strong for me to enjoy as well.