It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello everyone……I had a quick question that has been lingering on my mind ever since I started SUB about a year ago. I currently have a job with health care and was looking to possibly switch jobs sometime soon.

My question is, can my current insurance company kick me off because I am taking Suboxone and maybe I am seen as a risk? And I guess more importantly, can I be turned down health care and/or a new job because I am taking Suboxone and maybe seen as a risk?

Also, it looks like from doing some research most employers wouldn’t even test for SUBS, so I should be fine there, right? And what if they did? Would I just have them contact my DR so she can tell them I am taking them on the up and up? Or will I even have that chance? (meaning they dismiss me as a drug addict and I never get a call back)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've used subs for 3 years and used my health insurance everytime i fill my script!! I have to get a preauthorization once a year for the pills which is just a fax to the doctor. Not once has my job/insurance company said anything about my prescription. Also since companies get group rates for insurance and they cant deny any one person insurance. if you are full time employee then you are strait. though one time i got a letter from my ins company showing my history and get this... recommendations for exercise and eating healthy. I think it was company wide letter though.

Look you dont have to tell anyone anything at all. you will automatically be enrolled after 90 days at a new job should you opt for health insurance. thats it. Only when you opt for a company life insurance to they do a medical background check. It's illegal for your company to ask for details about your medical history. And they won't unless it prevents you from doing your job. i.e. blind, or missing 2 arms. I see my doc once a month and my boss thinks its for other reasons. Never had a problem.