It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been at the same drs for my suboxone for 2 yrs, I have been a patient with him since the day I turned 18. I have been going to him and getting my script for 90 - 8mg suboxone strips without a single problem. always passed the drug tests, have never missed an appointment, and altogether a good patient. now I got a letter from Medicaid stating my insurance was dropped. they sent me a letter saying I had 30 days to recertify. I just moved so I lost the letter and it took me this long to finally find the right number. I got ahold of the woman who told me my insurance is not active right now and she will have someone contact me Monday or Tuesday morning. now I have my sub appointment Monday at noon, less than 24 hrs away. I don't know what to do as the doctors visit would be $50 without insurance (this is no problem), my problem is my prescription will cost me almost $900. there is no way I can afford this. is it legal for them to drop me like that? I was only 2 days late with calling them. usually they send me a second letter stating a date that it will stop if I don't reply by a certain date.

this last month as been hell for me and my family, we lost our grandfather, my aunt passed away, and my uncle had a heart attack which then caused a stroke, he is now in the hospital fighting for his life, so recertifying was the last thing on my mind. I jut don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow. I need my prescription, without it I will withdraw and that's no fun at all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:13 pm 

Hey jlynnbella welcome to the forum.

I can't give ya much personal experience on insurance cause I've not had any in quiet a while. I pay cash for my appointment and medicine and it's expensive. The appt only costing $50 is awesome though, at least u got extremely lucky there. If ur pharmacy is like mine, u can get a little bit out at a time until u can hopefully get ur insurance straightened out. It may come down to u dropping ur dose a little bit to save money. U could drop a little bit with hardly any issues I think. I know that's definitely not what ur wanting to do, but it's better than cold turkey stopping. I get a month's worth at a time, but since I pay cash for everything I only get two weeks worth from the pharmacy and go bk and get the other two weeks worth after that. Some pharmacies aren't as easy to work with but maybe urs is.

There's also coupons if u take the suboxone brand. I use those, u print them off from the sub website. They're actually a lifesaver for me.

I'm sorry to hear about ur grandfather, ur aunt and ur uncle. Times like that can really get u down. Hopefully ur going to be able to get ur insurance bk and won't have to deal with this very long. I hope everything works out for u. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.