It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I should be okay since I seem to generally do ok w/ the Teva Pharmaceuticals generic that my local pharmacy carries, but it may not be an option for some (especially if someone can only get the Roxanne generic, as it's apparently awful by some accounts, though I've never tried it). Didn't find out until I tried to fill my last prescription since my doctor had been writing it DAW because I'd had slightly better luck w/ the RB brand-name version and my co-pay is only $2 more for it.

EDIT: Oddly, according to the reimbursable drugs list, this only applies to Subutex 8mg. Subutex 2mg doesn't require prior authorization. http://www.emedny.org/info/fullform.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 am 
Yea i take Brand Name Subutex and i tried to take the Roxanne Gerenic but it was worthles to me. It did not work for shit!! Thats just my experience. I looked everywhere for the Teva generic but i nobody around my town carries them. Only Roxanne. I had to get my doctor to write DAW on the prescription so my insurance would cover it. Then i had to call the insurance company an talk it out with them and they finally approved it. It wasnt easy but they did eventually approve. I pay $40 for 60 namebrand subutex. All you have to do is get your doctor to write DAW(Dispense As Written) on the prescription and then call you insurance company an tell them your doctor specifically prescribes the namebrand because th generic doesnt work well. My insurance company told me that was the absolute only way they could approve it and they did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've had to get prior auths before for other medications (like my allergy meds, because the newest antihistimine is the one that works best for me by far) but I think I'm ok as long as I can get Teva.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok--I thought there was something seriously wrong with me last month after I filled my script for Subutex and I felt like it did'nt work at all!!! After reading your post, I think I figured out what happened...I have been on Subutex through my pregnancy, and I always fill my script at the same pharmacy and so far they have pretty much given me the same generic, and it was working fine for me. This past month I filled my script and the pills looked differant, but the pharmacist just said it was a generic from a differant manufacturer. I did'nt really think anything of it. So I went on my marry way, did'nt really notice a change for about a week. I started to feel "sick", as in withdrawls "sick"...and because I was taking my regular dose and nothing had changed, I was more than a little confused. Now I am at the end of my pregnancy, so my first thought is that this feeling might have something to do with that. I start calling my doctors--my obgyn, my sub doc--telling them my symptoms and asking what it could be! I remember thinking "Is it possible to get a "bad" script?" I even asked my Sub Doc if it was possible, he said not likley. After reading your post, I checked the old script bottle from last month and compared it to the one I have now. Last month they filled my script with the Roxane Labs tablets, and this month I am back getting the Teva Labs generic. I can only conclude from all this that the Roxane Labs generic was the problem, and now that I know, Im going to have a chat with the pharmacist and see that I never ever get my script filled with that garbage again!!! I feel so releived to know It wasnt ME, and I wasnt losing my mind!!! Thanks again for the helpful post!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

With all of the complaints from doctors and patients about the Roxanne generic, shouldn't we get the FDA involved somehow? It's pretty clear that their pills don't dissolve properly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Your absolutly right! They don't dissolve properly and that is probably part of the problem! But I have also heard that generics are allowed to be up to 20% ineffective and still be manufactured/sold. I am at the very end of my pregnancy, so I am going back on suboxone the minute I have the baby, and I can't wait. The generics just have'nt worked for me at all and it has been so frustrating! My doctor actually had to raise my dose by 4mgs per day (I went from 16mgs a day to 20 mgs), to compensate for the generic. I am going back down to my previous dose now that I am back on Suboxone. I have been trying to warn as many people as possible about the problem with the generic's, and advising people to ask for the Teva Labs. version if they can. I do think that those of us that have had a problem should write the FDA and complain though because It is totally unacceptable that Roxane Labs. is making profit off of this sub-par medication, and some of us are forced by NY Medicaid to use the generic, and If this is all that is available for some people than they are surely going to have problems with it. Well, I just wanted to add that. I will let you all know if I get a responce from the FDA after I make my complaint.
Minx