It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

:shock: Sheesh.. you are such a meanie! :lol:

No, I totally agree with you Romeo. Yes, Ladder should flush them! But, I do understand her hesitation. I felt the same way.

Funny thing though. I'm five almost six weeks into being off sub myself and I never got rid of my subutex OR my suboxone films :shock: :oops: I seriously have no idea why!! I don't ever want to need them again so why can't I get rid of em? I guess its some weird false sense of security?

Romeo wrote:
Hey Ladder, guess what?? I just found an old bottle of Lorcet. I can't decide if I should FLUSH 'EM or go put them in the safe.

I'm afraid to FLUSH 'EM because I may need some here in the near future. What if I bonk my finger again?? What if I bonk my head?? What if I stub my toe?? I may need them to deal with the pain, right??

Hmmmm, I can't figure out what to do with them?? I think they'll be completely safe in the safe, even though I know the combination.......Yeah, I won't go take any unless I really need them. :shock:

FLUSH 'EM DUDE!!!!! Isn't that EXACTLY what you'd tell me to do if I really found some Lorcet??

Even if I had been on Lorcet for two weeks and was gonna have to wd again, you would tell me to FLUSH 'EM because you know that I don't need them. Even if I was in pretty severe pain, you would say FLUSH 'EM, because you know I really don't need them.

You don't need Suboxone anymore.

At the very least, you should FLUSH 99% of those suckers. Get rid of them, burn 'em, bury 'em, tap dance on 'em then FLUSH 'EM......just get rid of them!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Hey Ladder, guess what?? I just found an old bottle of Lorcet. I can't decide if I should FLUSH 'EM or go put them in the safe.

I'm afraid to FLUSH 'EM because I may need some here in the near future. What if I bonk my finger again?? What if I bonk my head?? What if I stub my toe?? I may need them to deal with the pain, right??

Hmmmm, I can't figure out what to do with them?? I think they'll be completely safe in the safe, even though I know the combination.......Yeah, I won't go take any unless I really need them. :shock:

FLUSH 'EM DUDE!!!!! Isn't that EXACTLY what you'd tell me to do if I really found some Lorcet??

Even if I had been on Lorcet for two weeks and was gonna have to wd again, you would tell me to FLUSH 'EM because you know that I don't need them. Even if I was in pretty severe pain, you would say FLUSH 'EM, because you know I really don't need them.

You don't need Suboxone anymore.

At the very least, you should FLUSH 99% of those suckers. Get rid of them, burn 'em, bury 'em, tap dance on 'em then FLUSH 'EM......just get rid of them!!!

Dude, I see your point but it's not exactly the same thing.

Yes, I would absolutely tell you to flush your Lorcet. The only difference is that I haven't been abusing Sub or getting high on it and it would be a stretch to argue that I will likely overdose on it, etc. It's not my drug of choice. I have no history of taking a whole bunch at once to become intoxicated. It's not a danger to me, which is I guess what I am saying. If it was, it would be very obvious to me that I need to flush it immediately. Having it there only poses some risk that I'll take a small amount to pull out of w/d for a little while.

Just look at how damn religious I've been about my tapering and dosing Do you really think I'm going to throw it all away? It's so not going to happen. You know me pretty well and how stubborn I am. Even I am not afraid of doing that. I know I can give this my very best shot, just like I've been doing with the taper.

Also, I have no attachment to those Subs, other than an attachment born of fear, so I look forward to flushing them AND shredding the packets. Right now, I'm focused on getting to through Day 5. I'm confident that by the end of Day 5 or 6, I'll feel like I'm on the downhill and I can flush those suckers. I still feel like the w/d is coming on, so I think there is some level of discomfort, even jumping from a low dose. It could be a lot worse. I don't like this feeling, but I can manage it and I have a great book to read all night if I cannot sleep.

In less than 3 hours, it will be 4 whole days! I really, really, really think this is it and that I'm going to make it.

Thanks for that swift kick in the butt. I know I give you plenty of those. :D

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ladder said, "Having it there only poses some risk that I'll take a small amount to pull out of w/d for a little while."....that's what I'm worried about dude!!! If you take a small amount to pull out of wd, I'm REALLY afraid it'll just set you back. You've got enough days under your belt that taking ANY now is going to make you repeat some of what you've ALREADY been through, and I don't wanna see that.

Ladder also said, "You know me pretty well and how stubborn I am."....YUP, that's why I'm not surprised you're bucking me on this suggestion I'm giving you.

Look dude, I had several pieces of Suboxone tabs left over when I quit. I gave them to my wife to hold and made her promise NOT to give me any unless my head was spinning on its axis, I was vomitting at people and I kept chanting "this hour is mine" (remember that from the movie The Exorcist?? Frickin' scary movie!!). I made it to day 6 or 7 and asked her for just a tiny piece......I begged her, but THANK GOD she said no and she REFUSED to give me any. She knew, with how far I had come, that it would just set me back.

I just don't want to see you set yourself back, that's all.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know you don't want me setting myself back, Romeo. I don't want to set myself back either. I will flush them. I'm just not doing it today. I want to see the downhill slope first. I will flush them tomorrow, though. How about that? Will you still be my friend :D

Still going strong. I had a little RLS and cold sweats last night but that is IT and these things were mild. I actually slept six straight hours. Seriously, many, many drops I did were a hundred times worse than this. And I did try to jump before and the insomnia/anxiety was significant, but this time, it is so mild thus far. I think I tapered low enough. I think this is totally possible, guys.

Thanks so much MSD for checking in and replying, because you and I had so many of the same fears and got hung up on the same snags. You were the one who made me think that it was normal to plateau under the ceiling. When I read that you jumped, it made me feel much more confident about it. Breezy, thanks for having so much faith in me. It always feels great when someone else says 'you can do this'. Lisa, thanks so much for hanging around and cheering us on. It's so selfless of you and I love that you are still here. I see it as "that tough chick who works out like crazy and rides a big bike is here. No one panic."

Sub, I think I really do get it now and am counting the hours as little celebrations. Brian, I like that tattoo idea...hmmmmm....lol!

SMF, I hope to be able to tell you that PAWS is really not bad when you taper to a low dose. Now that this acute stuff is not looking like it's gonna get that bad (knocking on wood right now!) I'm absolutely getting worried about PAWS. I feel sooooooo fatigued. This could really be the stomach flu. My daughters both had it and they sat on the coach for a few days and were miserable. I have no idea how to tell what the fatigue it from. I am a high-energy person and I can push through most anything. I pushed through even the rough drops and got my stuff done. However, right now I just have to take it easy. I think this is probably the stomach flu or at least a bit of both. I really want to be able to give you good news, SMF, and I'm praying for it.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ladder, you asked if I would still be your friend........I'll have to get back to you on that one, I'm considering my options.......BAH HA HA!!! Dang it, I am mean!!! LOL!!

OK, OK, I'll still be your friend.....seeing as how you're begging and all. :lol:

Holy Crap Ladder, you got six hours of sleep last night?? Unreal!!

I am so totally convinced that you've done it, dude. I mean, there's not a doubt in my mind.....none, zero, nada, zilch, zip!!

You put your big girl pants on, you bit the bullet and here you are.....Woo Hoo!!!

Post subject: Flushed the Bastards
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was so mad at being scared of flushing the Sub and mad at reading my excuses for not doing so, so I did it. I opened all the packets and removed films, I flushed films and then shredded packets. The packets actually don't shred well though, just in case anyone wants to do that.....AND the films stick to the toilet bowl a little. I also took pictures of this process and said "Ha Ha Ha!!" to those films in a menacing voice a few times.

I hope it doesn't suddenly get bad, but I feel so free after doing this. It makes me feel strong and in control, and that is why I did it. I did it because I want to stop Sub; I don't have to stop Sub. I did this for myself, not to myself.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hell to the yeah ladder! Sounds like you’re doing very well! I’m so happy for you….

Hey I seen that air show crash on the news you were talking about, WOW talk about tragic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CONGRATULATIONS! I know you don't feel the greatest right now but it must have felt pretty damn good to flush the sub. You have been patiently and relentlessly working up to that moment for so long and I can only imagine how freeing it must have felt. You should be so proud of yourself! Take it easy, get pampered, buy yourself a present or something because you deserve it. You truly are an inspiration to many of us here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OMG How did I miss this?!

Miss Ladd!! Congrats!! ((((HUGE HUG))))

Whether you eat nails for breakfast, thumb tacks, or McDonalds, girl you are TOUGH!

Like Breezy said, go have yourself a "spa day"! You deserve it!

A toilet flush heard 'round the world and will live in infamy!

Can't do a cartwheel right now but I'll do a 'lil cabbage patch for ya, maybe some running man :lol:

-RSJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are FREE!!! WOW!!! (((((Hugs)))))

And soon you will be free of the chronic health problems that have been plaguing you, too. Your future is looking very bright indeed! Congratulations! I hope you will stay with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks so much, all you wonderful people. I'm excited to hang around this place to support all of you, because now I absolutely know this is doable and not scary. There are some of the kindest people even on here.

It's been over five whole days now. This is still pretty dang easy, guys. I'm sleeping a good five-six hours a night, with the help of Melatonin only. The sweats are annoying but not that bad either. The only other things are sneezing and fatigue.

When does the bad part start!? How can it be this easy? The taper got very tough for one decently long period. However, once I got past that, it was way easier. At this point, I'm very happy I tapered as low as I did. This is the way to go!! I was SO SCARED for SO LONG and now I find there's really nothing to be afraid of. This works.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think a lot of it is built up in our head to be honest. Also as you noted you see a lot of horror stories, which I have refused to read because I remember you saying it could make things worse and create symptoms. I caught the sneezing thing just yesterday, strange stuff. Might sound weird but I like sneezing though, but not five times in a row!

I thought you would be fine by day 5. I’m day 9 right now and I’ll tell you it’s not that bad. I think the worst for you has passed. If your anything like me you will be emotional for a couple of days after but it’s not that bad

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats! I think your long ass taper really helped. I believe you will not suffer badly and can start your life over!
Blessings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Still waiting to start feeling bad. I'm thinking it's not gonna happen. I basically feel normal. At night, I get a little weird, but I can still sleep. This is remarkable to me. I was hoping I'd have good news once I got to the end.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

how low did you taper when you stopped?

The problem with WD is it aint that bad.. but it LASTS FOREVER... you'll be shitting your pants when you still feel w/d weeks later lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

cire113 wrote:
how low did you taper when you stopped?

The problem with WD is it aint that bad.. but it LASTS FOREVER... you'll be shitting your pants when you still feel w/d weeks later lol

I tapered to between 1/16 and 1/8. I was trying to follow what Dr. Junig recommends but ended up jumping a little higher.

You really think I'll be feeling w/d weeks from now? I just feel a little draggy and some mild sweats at night. When will the w/d start then?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just stopped in to see how your doing, and to tell you how happy I am that you were able to do this with minimal pain and suffering

your so bad ass :)

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:22 pm 

That is wonderful news LT. And I really doubt you'll feel any worse later on mostly because you were able to taper down to a very low level. On the other site I go to, your experience is not uncommon. That is why I go there, to read the taper stories of those who said it wasn't all that bad, like you.

Now you can post here as an advocate of tapering very low to avoid the big w/d symptoms. I really don't think you will suffer much more side effects than you already did when you were tapering.

I now feel much better with my tapering plan after watching you go through it.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Really glad to hear you’re doing so well. Don’t let anyone scare you into thinking it’s going to be worst! That’s BS…..you will have good and not so good days but your CERTANLY past the worst. Please don’t let that get into your head. Your much smarter than that :wink:

Post subject: 1 week down
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm over 1 whole week into jumping and still feel very good. I have some fatigue, especially in the mornings, but I still drink coffee and tea to wake up. I have tiny hot flashes, but so minimal I hesitate to even mention them. No anxiety; no depression; slept 7 hours last night. This jump was was easier than anything I ever imagined.

I do want to yell this from the mountains. THERE IS A WAY OFF FOR THOSE OF US WHO CANNOT STAND THE W/D!!! Even though I had some w/d while tapering, the only times it was uncomfortable was (1) when I wanted to go faster than my body wanted and (2) when I hit a that one plateau. Dr. Junig says to taper even lower than I did. That dude is making sure people feeling absolutely nothing, which is wise, because why put yourself through unnecessary discomfort? This was 100% worth the time and effort.

I already started relearning my accounting stuff so I can go back to work. I'm feeling really positive about the future.

laddertipper :D :D :D :D :D :D :D